Rollback RX and Windows 8?

Roger D

MSE - Integrated in Win8 thus you don't need to download it. As for the removing, I think you can't, because the guide posted here doesn't apply for Win8. (Not sure if its safe)

That guide is for Windows Defender which is also integrated into the kernel - not for MSE.

I'm confident of removing Windows Defender from Windows 8. While it's mere conjecture whether it's safe or unsafe for Windows 8 (as I've not tested it, myself) - it's certainly safe for Windows 7 as per the numerous testimonials till date.

And the question now stands, why would anyone remove WinDefender from Win8, if it auto-disables when antivirus/anti-malware software is detected?

It's an uneducated myth that Windows Defender auto-disables when antivirus/anti-malware software is detected - it has to be disabled manually.

Facts before myths... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_Windows_8#Security

Alas, that's not a fact - that's just a promise (a whitepaper from Microsoft.)

Here's the fact - Windows Defender does not disable itself as promised (you may not want to believe it - try it for yourself because you may not like to believe it.)

There's always a gap between practical & theory - a wide one.

Your posted article is valid, and I have no reason not to believe it, only that it applies only to Windows 7 and lower configs.

I haven't seen an article that says Window's 8 WinDefender doesn't turn off automatically. [And this feature is new to Windows 8]

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't 32 bit/64 bit support depends on the CPU Processor?Please correct me if i am wrong.If you have installed 32 bit on a 64 bit supported system,wouldn't it say the system type as 32 bit instead of 64 bit.I think that your processor is capable of running 64 bit based OS.Use CPU-Z ,,64-bit Checker or any other tool to check whether your CPU Processor has 64 bit support.

Here is the 64-bit Checker Report:

12924308.jpg

Now i'm Confused! :(

Your windows is detected as 32bit (x86)

Your CPU supports 64bit (x64) operating systems.

What OS( Windows 8 x86 or x64) should i Install?

[My Laptop was preinstalled with Vista Home Premium 32bit and I am Using now Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit]

[My Laptop was preinstalled with Vista Home Premium 32bit and I am Using now Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit]

Undoubtedly x64-bit - regardless of whichever OS it came pre-installed with.

just install win 8x64 + rollback RX which i use for about 3-4 years with my win7x64 , so far so good :)

• Administrator

3GB of RAM is enough for a smooth experience on 64-bit. Even though you can install 64-bit even on 2GB RAM (or even 1GB), but atleast 3GB is required for it to function well I think.

3GB of RAM is enough for a smooth experience on 64-bit. Even though you can install 64-bit even on 2GB RAM (or even 1GB), but atleast 3GB is required for it to function well I think.

just install win 8x64 + rollback RX which i use for about 3-4 years with my win7x64 , so far so good :)

Undoubtedly x64-bit - regardless of whichever OS it came pre-installed with.

I have never worked on 64bit operating system. After installation of windows 8 Pro(x64), will I have to use only x64 softwares in it? or all x86 softwares will work in it? :(

if so, Please suggest me which kind of softwares should i use of 64bit and which kind of softwares 32bit?

I have never worked on 64bit operating system. After installation of windows 8 Pro(x64), will I have to use only x64 softwares in it? or all x86 softwares will work in it? :(

if so, Please suggest me which kind of softwares should i use of 64bit and which kind of softwares 32bit?

Both x84-bit and x86-bit software work with a x64-bit OS - however, one should give priority to x64-bit software.

Both x84-bit and x86-bit software work with a x64-bit OS - however, one should give priority to x64-bit software.

:think: Anyway got it. :)

• Administrator

But, AVs, other security softwares in 32bit won't work. Luckily, all these come in 64-bit too these days. :)

Other exceptions are drivers, only drivers made for 64-bit will work.

Archived