Nsane Grammar School

rudrax

notice.png

I request all the Faculty and non-faculty members to deliver their on-topic materials in the simplest English so that students can understand easily. If you find something to post here, then don't just post that here. First you understand that yourself then post what you have understood.

• Replies 250
  • Views 43.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did dums Ive got two tu tu`s too and I write right handed as is my rite.

Hee,hee English is a very confusing language even for the English to understand so I sympathise with the readers from abroad who need to understand and write the language.

"I'm sorry I didn't reply back to your message" works just as well

note.png

LETTERS / ALPHABETS

It seems it is taking too long for our HOD to prepare an index. So here I'm gonna start with letters (Alphabets).

All of us are familiar with alphabets or the letters. There are 26 alphabets in English from A to Z. If anyone wants to see them, just look at your keyboard.

So, the alphabets A - Z are divided into two parts and they are:

• Vowels (A,E,I,O,U)
  • Consonants (rest excluding the vowels)

The matter of Vowel and Consonant comes at the time of putting a or an before a word (may be noun).

Generally, for a word which is started with a vowel, if we need to put a or an there, we will choose an

e.g, She has an umbrella, That is an egg etc.

Generally, for a word which is started with consonant, if we need to put a or an there, we will choose a

e.g, She has a pen, That is a cow etc.

Some exceptional cases: Although we generally follow the above mentioned ruled for putting a or an, still, there exists some exceptions.

A word that is started with consonant but pronounced like vowel, in that case we will put an instead of a.

e.g, He is an MBA

A word that is started with vowel and pronounced completely like a vowel, in this case we will put a instead of an

e.g, This is a universal fact, There is a ice block.

Refined by ck_kent rudrax

P.S. Please feel free to ask any question/doubt/complaints regarding this lesson :)

let me give you a suggestion. please put links to every lesson into one page (or fp), maybe that will easier for us not to look every page on this thread :yes:

"I'm sorry I didn't reply back to your message" works just as well

Yup, it just works as well but not works perfect because a mark of punctuation comma (,) is missing somewhere (in the reference sentence too from where you referred)

let me give you a suggestion. please put links to every lesson into one page (or fp), maybe that will easier for us not to look every page on this thread :yes:

Here comes our first student! Thanks for your suggestion. This is just the start. We will do that after sometime when lessons count more (may not be in the FP but links for all the lessons will be in one page. :)

Here comes our first student! Thanks for your suggestion. This is just the start. We will do that after sometime when lessons count more (may not be in the FP but links for all the lessons will be in one page. :)

I'm not a student, I'm just a visitor here who come to learn :P

anyway, this topic was a good idea from you. :yes:

now I think nsane.forums not just "software as it should be" :lol:

There are 26 alphabets in English from A to Z

Not being picky but its one Alphabet with 26 letters

I.e. a classic Roman Alphabet goes from Alpha to Omega

A UK phonetic Alphabet goes from Alpha to Zulu

I'm not a student, I'm just a visitor here who come to learn :P

anyway, this topic was a good idea from you. :yes:

now I think nsane.forums not just "software as it should be" :lol:

Nsane will always remain at its primary motto and it is "software as it should be"

This is just a off-topic thread.

There are 26 alphabets in English from A to Z

Not being picky but its one Alphabet with 26 letters

I.e. a classic Roman Alphabet goes from Alpha to Omega

A UK phonetic Alphabet goes from Alpha to Zulu

My good friend, we are talking about English literature here. :)

Thanks for your valuable feedback though :rolleyes:

Yup, it just works as well but not works perfect because a mark of punctuation comma (,) is missing somewhere (in the reference sentence too from where you referred)

i know i should've made a comma right after 'sorry' but i was just too lazy to do it :tehe:...yes, I'm a bastard :troll:

i know i should've made a comma right after 'sorry' but i was just too lazy to do it :tehe:...yes, I'm a bastard :troll:

Shut up :angry:

Shut up :angry:

muhahwhawhahwhahwhahwhawhahwhahwah kiralaughplz.gif

you-mad-bro-he-mad-son.jpg

• Administrator

About "an" and "a". Unfortunately, once when I was browsing the interwebs, I came across a site with English experts living / teaching in England. What I noted is, they mentioned that usage of "an" has been drastically decreased, and even some teachers don't want their students to use "an" for any vowels anymore I think.

well since everybody is trowing something in, guess I'll try as well

"should've" or "should have" is the correct way of pronunciation over "should of" as I've seen this mistake being made on many boards

the same with would "would've" or "would have" not "would of"

I should've/would've slapped your sh!t - good

I should/would have slapped your sh!t - good

I should/would of slapped your sh!t - bad

About "an" and "a". Unfortunately, once when I was browsing the interwebs, I came across a site with English experts living / teaching in England. What I noted is, they mentioned that usage of "an" has been drastically decreased, and even some teachers don't want their students to use "an" for any vowels anymore. That day, a part of me died a little.

Keep experts aside for a while. Do the basics first then try the experts :P

Just to go back tad as its an English thread, should that not be....... Shut up! with an exclamation or two depending on how strong you which to emphasize the statement :D ;)

How about a little poetry and prose to enliven up the English Grammer School?

"What may a language be; devoid that of its soul."

For language be the body, Poetry turns it whole.

:coolwink:

Archived