"Some Observations"

dcs18

• Replies 67
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never even noticed till now :lol:

were they present in the previous ver of ipb?

• Administrator
were they present in the previous ver of ipb?

Yes they were.

Hardly use the news page of frontpage, so never noticed this after the update.

november_ra1n
I have been trying to edit one of my topic since the IPB Update but failed. When i try full edit i got SQL error if i try normal edit i page just frozen nothing changed!
An error occured with the SQL server:mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM ibf_posts WHERE post_key='48043c9d539dea5caefd8d5c70391514'This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

I already post this problem a week ago but still no one could manage to help me. I am not sure if i have more image or quote then i should or some link or scrip blocking to edit the full topic!!

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Edit: I have same trouble another topic too

Am also getting the same thing when i try editing your post

it could also be because of the vastness of the initial post

Shought prob needs to take a look at it...gawd damn, this ipb update brought nothing but trouble

I have problems with quotes too.

I have IDM thread in "Coders Corner" here. If you see, post 1. and post 2. have the images, they are both on the left side. I cannot center them (grayout) and if i try to align them right, they appear outside of the quote.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/100558-release-internet-download-manager-v6/

Firefox 17 using.

Never had such problems before and why i cannot align center images in quotes? And why pressing "Enter" shows me a linebreak causing confusion?

I have IDM thread in "Coders Corner" here. If you see, post 1. and post 2. have the images, they are both on the left side. I cannot center them (grayout) and if i try to align them right, they appear outside of the quote.

Firefox 17 using.

Never had such problems before and why i cannot align center images in quotes? And why pressing "Enter" shows me a linebreak causing confusion?

You should've posted this in the post all bugs threads instead.

I centered your images. I don't know what caused the problem and all.

You should go see if I messed up anything in the process.

Blame IPB for this horrendous update

november_ra1n

Rate topic disappear! I think there were around 60-80 rate in this topic, after shought try to fix the edit function now this one gone too.

20121230174128.png

Going back to the previous mysql problem you reported.

Shought tried fixing it to no avail.

The real culprit here is IPB and this new update.

Can you try making a test thread and pasting your entire 1st post in there, and if it works, we can just move the posts from the old thread into that new one.

As for the ratings matter, I'm not sure if anything can be done about that but I'll see if it's possible

november_ra1n

I do not have any problem to make new topic but at the same time i do not want to lose all the rating, followers, like button and 411,000 views count etc...

These are important cause it shows people appreciation and credibility of the topic and also little reward of my daily hard work. I hope you understand me cause i have same painful moment when someone decided to close and reopen Ad Muncher topic in the past.

this new ipb update is a nightmare, guess you'll have to wait for them to release an update before you can edit the first post again

It looks to me as if the search engine has to be launched with at least 2 characters 'xx' instead of just 1 character 'x' ('x' being 'a' in the above case.) ;)

Firefox 17 using.

You should've posted this in the post all bugs threads instead.

I centered your images. I don't know what caused the problem and all.

You should go see if I messed up anything in the process.

Blame IPB for this horrendous update

thanks, next time i post in the correct topic. It would be useful to close this topic as well.

think I might've found november_ra1n's problem, it has to do with the length

i went into full edit and copied the code, erased it and kept pasting parts of it hoping some of the code might trigger the mysql error

it didn't so the code wasn't to blame, what really triggered the error was when there was too much of it clumped into one post.

splitting the first post into two parts will fix the problem

as for emerglines problem, dcs18 already answered it :cheers:

Hello guys and girls out here,

I know, my bug list is kinda because of IPB, however:

If i am using quotes and i have images there (linked from photobucket.com or elsewhere)

- i cannot center them (why is the option disabled, left and right align is working?)

Using quotes causes confusion to me...,

- pressing "Enter" generates a linebreak, pressing it again generates another quote...?

- sharecodes appear always bold, even if they aren't set to bold.

I already wished something here.

• 2 months later...

Arrrgh Marik - I feel like pelting stones (went all the way to Wilders for that screenshot.) :)

I'm majorly referring to the the entire quote box - 3 sides (top, right and bottom boundary-lines) which are now completely missing on the newer quotes. This is causing a lack of boundary between the message quoted and the new reply.

Edit:-

By boundary, I mean the following:-

zmb9n4.jpg

This one finally got resolved for me - dunno how & when (been noticing it over the last 48 hrs.) :dunno:

Archived