"Some Observations"

dcs18

Was not able to first locate this forum, hence had to post at the ShoutBox (where bugs were already being distributed):-

Observations:

01.) The new quotes suck at aesthetics and more importantly at functionality - there's a line-break which (probably some might find appealing.) :dunno:

02.) Any link which is clicked at the ShoutBox is being led by into some Chinese site (this is fixed, now)

03.) ShoutBox Archive Quick Filters is excruciatingly slow and

04.) The Spoiler-refuses-to-conceal-content (has just started working a few minutes ago)

• Replies 67
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

I am having the same problem as you describe, posting become weird after this latest IPB Update.

Quote AND code not working when i am posting spoiler also problematic.

"Any link which is clicked at the ShoutBox is being led by into some Chinese site" yeah ! true just a metasploit or botnet and you"re owned nice observation

We need to up a login access to the shoutbox thats will reduce the issue by half .

Shoutbox links are fixed.

I didn't touch anything which had to do with the spoiler, it was probably just your caches being outdated (IPB should really have made sure that the CSS files get renamed every time they update their version).

I'll try to fix all issues as you guys report them, but the bottom line of most of these issues is: IPB developers are an incapable bunch releasing Beta products as final. (We always wait for the x.x.1 release (instead of the x.x.0 release) just to avoid issues like this.)

Sharecodes also aren't hoping, they really screwed up everything which has to do with BBCodes...

what about the quote tags, i don't see a problem with aesthetics

test

Just now noticed something about the Quotes - the leading & trailing codes

are no longer present when a post is being quoted (have no remarks about this, ATM - shall comment, later on this particular point.) :think:

what about the quote tags, i don't see a problem with aesthetics

test

I do - they suck (it'd be better to remove that single bracket to the left, too - that would make super aesthetic.) :rofl:

(probably some might find appealing.) :dunno:

oh wow, you sure are picky if you're bothered by that small return symbol :hehe:

No man there's just one left-hand-side bracket present - all the other sides of the rectangle are missing. There's just no demarcation between one's own post and the quoted post!!! :o

Edit:

Let me get a quoted post for a side-by-side comparison from some other forum.

OK, here are the quotes - in both 'previous' and the 'present' forms (just my 2 cents - no hard feelings, this is sincere feedback):-

sw3d6t.jpg

ok, I'm now seeing what you're talking about...i think

the part that's supposed to say quote by *name* header isn't showing

Arrrgh Marik - I feel like pelting stones (went all the way to Wilders for that screenshot.) :)

I'm majorly referring to the the entire quote box - 3 sides (top, right and bottom boundary-lines) which are now completely missing on the newer quotes. This is causing a lack of boundary between the message quoted and the new reply.

Edit:-

By boundary, I mean the following:-

zmb9n4.jpg

Instead of making 100 threads about it.

This will help the admins to better identify and fix the bugs they haven't already been made aware of.

Bug index:

• Logo placement screwed up: FIXED
  • Linking to a post on any page to the first doesn't work: FIXED
  • Posts don't get added without reloading the page: FIXED
  • Active links in code tags
  • Quoting a post when the quick editor is visible leads to the quick editor getting screwed up (in Chrome)
  • Sharecode auto-select isn't working
  • Email errors (weird characters)
  • If your bug is not in the list above please make sure you have cleared your cache and try reproducing the bug, if it still appears make a post in this topic.

depends on what image you were trying to post

It happens with every image/non-image without discrimination so long as the tags are - success never comes in the first attempt, one has to persist with the post for the image to get posted (generally takes a second attempt.)

32225512.jpg

edit:

seems fine to me...got it on the first try to boot so the image you were prob trying to post must've contained some foreign code in its beginning or at the end

Nope, it's still buggy and unresolved - try an image from TinyPic and attempt to post after code-wrapping it with the tag (this issue is a new bug.)

30kf1bd.jpg

Just a minor annoyance - when one attempts to post images ending with the tag:-

2w55z4n.jpg

Yeah me to not being able to post img tagged images in first attempt..

@Marik, apology, but you are getting it wrong..we can see the pic too and we hope other also do..but while making the post, you paste a image link from tinypic.com with img tag, shows the error posted by dcs18 at first attempt..and if you try it again then it goes well with no error.

6y52sef.jpg

I'm sorry but I don't understand

nvm, i finally got the message...def ipb dumb bug...the bbcode also switches from img to img=

ooooh, LOL, it won't let you post img with the brackets out in the open

Ah, good - we're all on the same page, now. :)

I need to learn how to be able to explain things better - rudrax did a splendid job (have run out of reputation for both you guys - later.)

Ah, good - we're all on the same page, now. :)

I need to learn how to be able to explain things better

You do know well but your words are way mature for amateurs like me or Marik (may be) -

rudrax did a splendid job

Really? :lol:

Archived