Which is the BEST tool that I should use to defragment my HD?

freud

I've tried lots of programs... accordin' to ya which is the best one? (windows XP, AMD Sempron 1,6 ghz, 512 mb ram)

THANK'S!

• Replies 90
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried Ultimate Defrag, it is the best in my opinion.

With the new version, it should be much better than best.

But currently using Diskeeper 10 (for XP) which defrag on schedule. Because I am too lazy to configure and wait for it to defrag (its take a while to defrag)

I know there are new version of Diskeeper but I still prefer the older version due to its small footprint, but it is for XP only not Vista.

But currently using Diskeeper 10 (for XP) which defrag on schedule. Because I am too lazy to configure and wait for it to defrag (its take a while to defrag)

I know there are new version of Diskeeper but I still prefer the older version due to its small footprint, but it is for XP only not Vista.

I, myself am using the previous version, too - Diskeeper 2008 (Pro Premier) 12.0.781.32. Have downloaded the latest release - Diskeeper 2009 (Pro Premier) 13.0.835.0 and waiting for an antidote as the available ones are reported to be ineffective.

BTW, kotaxor - I'm glad to see you're a VIP (you deserve it, man.) :pirate:

UltimateDefrag, of course :pirate:

Problem is I get an error ervery time I use the new version... When I press analyze it says 'There are corrupted files on drive C:' 'Please check your drive', then when I try to run the checkdisk utility it says 'It is not possible to access the drive by means of direct access' and then tells me it has finished...

Anyone that could help me with this? I have really no idea which tool I could use or which setting I could change to fix this :pirate:

I, myself am using the previous version, too - Diskeeper 2008 (Pro Premier) 12.0.781.32. Have downloaded the latest release - Diskeeper 2009 (Pro Premier) 13.0.835.0 and waiting for an antidote as the available ones are reported to be ineffective.

BTW, kotaxor - I'm glad to see you're a VIP (you deserve it, man.) :rolleyes:

Noddy, thanks.....you too!!(soon)

UltimateDefrag, of course :)

Problem is I get an error ervery time I use the new version... When I press analyze it says 'There are corrupted files on drive C:' 'Please check your drive', then when I try to run the checkdisk utility it says 'It is not possible to access the drive by means of direct access' and then tells me it has finished...

Anyone that could help me with this? I have really no idea which tool I could use or which setting I could change to fix this :(

hmmm, I am using the new version (2.0.0.53) and don't face this problem!! :rolleyes:

Want to try the Windows Recovery console and use the checkdisk again? It might help!

god knows what registry repair app shought used to **** up his registry, thus leading to these errors he keeps encountering

I downloaded and installed UltimateDefrag, and it defragged fine. But when i tried the boot time defrag, it gave me an error saying that it couldn't access the volume, or some BS like that.

anyone know what the deal is? Maybe it's because I used a fixed EXE...?

nope, it's not because you used that crack

the crack works just fine, I myself ran a boot defrag without problems

this error seems to be pc related

Aight, thanks for the response Marik. Do you use Vista? I was lookin at the guide/readme, and it said that Vista uses something called Volume Shadow, or something, that XP doesn't have. Maybe i'll try disabling system restore, then try a boot defrag.

Aight, thanks for the response Marik. Do you use Vista? I was lookin at the guide/readme, and it said that Vista uses something called Volume Shadow, or something, that XP doesn't have. Maybe i'll try disabling system restore, then try a boot defrag.

I use XP SP3....don't really like Vista

Sometime it just happen.... I remember Perfect Disk give me BSOD and I don't even know why!

kotaxor, the reason I quit using PerfectDisk was exactly the same as yours - BSODs. Later, I learned that the cause was a conflict with Folder Lock.

. . . . . . . . . leading to these errors he keeps encountering

. . . . . . . . . wondering whether shought's running Folder Lock.

Sometime it just happen.... I remember Perfect Disk give me BSOD and I don't even know why!

kotaxor, the reason I quit using PerfectDisk was exactly the same as yours - BSODs. Later, I learned that the cause was a conflict with Folder Lock.

@Donaldo,

That's news to me! I used Folder Lock, never thought it's the one causing the problem! Thanks! (if I ever want to use Perfect Disk again).

With Ultimate Defrag, most likely not going back to Perfect Disk ;) :mellow:

Nope :mellow:

Continue discussion about errors in UD here ;)

@Donaldo,

That's news to me! I used Folder Lock, never thought it's the one causing the problem! Thanks! (if I ever want to use Perfect Disk again).

With Ultimate Defrag, most likely not going back to Perfect Disk :rolleyes: <_<

Hey sorry didn't spot it the first time - another VIP!!!!

Moreover, you seem to have beaten Noddy - congrats & great going :)

BTW, Folder Lock has a long list of conflicting programs (PerfectDisk was one of them - not sure whether it's been rectified.)

@Donaldo,

With Ultimate Defrag, most likely not going back to Perfect Disk :cheers: :cheers:

BTW, Folder Lock has a long list of conflicting programs (PerfectDisk was one of them - not sure whether it's been rectified.)

yup... even defraggler doesnt work bcoz of folder lock!!!

@Donaldo,

With Ultimate Defrag, most likely not going back to Perfect Disk :rolleyes: <_<

Is there a competition going on? (beaten Noddy?) lol. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Use Unlocker :rolleyes:

?? Another VIP, well done! Congra! <_< :rolleyes: :)

Folder lock is different from Unlocker! Folder Lock is for locking (password protected) your files in a folder. Unlocker is for unlocking stubborn files that cannot be deleted by the normal way.

Archived