Are You Going To Switch To Windows 8?

avmad

Windows 8  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to switch to Windows 8?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • I'm switching to something else, Linux etc
    • Not until at least 2013
  2. 2. If you do switch to Windows 8 will you pay?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • I won't switch

• Administrator

If I ever switch to Windows 8, it might not be of excitement but me trying to stay in the game of using latest versions.

If I ever pay for a Microsoft software product, it will be one and only Windows 7.

• Replies 81
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not planning on switching, but I'll buy a discounted legit copy for the future.

I'm seriously considering buying WIN 7 ULT x64. I mean, I've used it so much and it's awesome. Won't switch to WIN 8 unless I get a touchscreen laptop. For win 7, how does $5 sound MS? :)

• Administrator

I'm seriously considering buying WIN 7 ULT x64. I mean, I've used it so much and it's awesome. Won't switch to WIN 8 unless I get a touchscreen laptop. For win 7, how does $5 sound MS? :)

Pirated CD, ain't it? :uhoh:

jimbojet2011

Nope not in an 8 years.

No no switch until they integrate a option turn Crap UI... ehm Metro... erm Windows 8 UI... ehm Modern UI completely off.

No 3rd party Software, but a user friendly option right from Microsoft.

• Administrator

No no switch until they integrate a option turn Crap UI... ehm Metro... erm Windows 8 UI... ehm Modern UI completely off.

No 3rd party Software, but a user friendly option right from Microsoft.

Indeed. As I've said, I can still adjust to the no Aero Glass and the Metro colours on the desktop window, but that Metro UI start screen sucks. Just allow us to disable it for gods sake.

Some big time editors have said that M$ will be forced to release a fix via Windows Update that gives an option to disable it.

Only 13 people willing to pay $40 :whistle: Surprises me. I would want to keep my pc genuine at that price. I guess others don't have genuine 7 or other atm so probably can't pay to upgrade switch. :D

Posted Image :uhoh:

... though I can get a legitimate copy of Win8 via MSDNAA.

I have a TechNet subscription, so I'll get Windows 8, but only when Italian language ISO will be released officially.

8 is very interesting, but I will probably switch from my 7 Ultimate x64 next year.

grouchysmurf

I was there in DOS, then I was told."Hey, get PC Shell"...

I was there in PC Shell, then I was told, "Hey, you gotta get windows3.1"

I was there and played with the win3 until I finally got happy with it.....

"Hey, you gotta get win95..".....*sigh*

I was there and played with win95 until I finally made peace with it....

"Hey, you gotta get win98..."..*sigh*..*grumble*...

I was there and played with win98 until I figured out how to use it with out crashing it......

"Hey, you gotta get win2K....." ......

Ok, I let myself be led to winXP. I was with the first version, and crashed it a billion times,

I now have a stable version on a cd, an image that I can go to at anytime,

and I am just not willing to debug anymore of the microsoft crap ware.

I will stick with what I have, It works, and I can wreck it all I want to. :)

Every Windows user will switch eventually. You can't use the same OS forever no matter how much you like it, because one day you'll reach a point when your favorite OS is just too outdated to support/run anything new, and thus you'll be forced to upgrade.

• Administrator

Every Windows user will switch eventually. You can't use the same OS forever no matter how much you like it, because one day you'll reach a point when your favorite OS is just too outdated to support/run anything new, and thus you'll be forced to upgrade.

+1

I'll still say. Windows 7 IS the best OS ever made. I would advice everyone to blindly use it. Not to worry a single bit.

I will eventually make the switch and I'll probably pay up, too. Why? Well, using my student card I can get the upgrade for as low as 15 bucks (Windows 8 Professional).

grouchysmurf

+1

I'll still say. Windows 7 IS the best OS ever made. I would advice everyone to blindly use it. Not to worry a single bit.

Hey, pass me whatever it is you are smoking. I want to see the world that way too :P :P :P

Yes, every user will switch eventually but not necessarily to Windows 8. Others would probably want to skip it like I what I did with Windows ME and Vista. :)

If I ever pay for a Microsoft software product, it will be one and only Windows 7.

Read a report in Economic Times which said that a Win8 Pro upgrade might cost only Rs. 699. Dunno how much water that report holds. :dunno:

If that indeed is the case, it'll make some sense on one of my PC's. But, we'll see if 'Upgrade Key' from 'Genuine' Win7 can be used on a clean install. ;)

Nope i'm not even going to consider switching from Win7 to Win8,i'll happily just plod along with Win7 and see what Win9 has to offer in a couple of years time.

If it aint broke don't fix it is my motto with regards to Win7.

I suppose I should try the 90 day Enterprise in a vm now to get a better idea if I like it. I'd like to buy the $40 upgrade if I can hang on to the license for a long time before using it.

• Administrator

Read a report in Economic Times which said that a Win8 Pro upgrade might cost only Rs. 699. Dunno how much water that report holds. :dunno:

If that indeed is the case, it'll make some sense on one of my PC's. But, we'll see if 'Upgrade Key' from 'Genuine' Win7 can be used on a clean install. ;)

If that's true. M$ seems to care only about Windows Phone and tablet. Why do I say so? Because M$ sees money in that and it wants people to get used to "Metro" on their PC so that people buy metro based windows mobile products.

If that's true. M$ seems to care only about Windows Phone and tablet. Why do I say so? Because M$ sees money in that and it wants people to get used to "Metro" on their PC so that people buy metro based windows mobile products.

"Post-PC era", did someone say? :P

Archived