Fastest and best Anti Virus program?

flempie

Moon Secure Antivirus uses the ClamAV virus definitions, you can see if this protects you or not!!!
Moon Secure AV is an opensource Anti-Virus currently using the ClamAV engine due to fast response time and huge AV database, however we are implementing another engine that is heuristic and will allow users to customize the engine on the fly. Unlike ClamAV it has an enterprise level real-time scanner. It is built for Windows and will run on XP and Vista. It can scan portable drives and fixed drives. It is able to detect viruses, Trojans and spyware.

Our vision is to release an enterprise level Anti-Virus, which can be used in any Windows environment.

The aim is to provide a superior Anti-Virus capable with competing with the market leaders and still at the same price, free!

We aim to be part of an opensource “suite” which will allow all users to still use the environment they are comfortable with but benefit from the terrific opensource community.

Moon Secure Anti-Virus aims to be the best Free Anti-Virus for Windows under GPL license. It offers multiple scan engines, Net shield, Firewall, On access, on Exec scanner and rootkits preventions plus features from Commercial Anti-Virus applications.

NOTE: Net shield, Firewall and multiple scan engines are NOT implemented in the current versions but are planed to be added in future releases.

Features:

*High detection rates for viruses and spyware.

*Detection and preventions of rootkits.

*On access demand scans.

*Real-time scanning.

*Automatic updates.

*Standalone virus scanner and right-click menu integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer.

*No reboot required after installation.

*Resource usage, compared to other AV programs, is relatively low

Less than 30MB of memory.

Low CPU utilization during real-time protection. It does go up during active scan.

*Completely FREE under the GPL license.

Requirements:

*Minimum 25MB of RAM

*Microsoft Windows XP or Vista

NOTE: The are two different versions avialable

Moon Secure AV version 1.0.0.132(Stable)

Moon Secure AV version 2.2.2.160(Beta)

The Beta version has 3 different heuristic engines and 1 signature based engine.

Unlike the stable version that only has 1 signature based engine (ClamWin).

Definetly- you did not tested it :P

Yes, I've not tested yet (sorry if I was confused with definitions). But seems very interesting software and with a good future developement. I'm thinking to test it!

Thanks! :dance2:

• Replies 61
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Avira Antivir, is a very good scanner, but you will get a giant pop-up after an update :lol:

Tip: become beta-tester ;)

There´s only one good AV.... LINUX..... :)

Yessss, this is the BEST AV-ANTISPY-ANTITROJAN-FIREWALL of the market, and FREE! I like UBUNTU! :D

eset is fast but it misses some usb virus kaspersky never fails me, put kaspersky in 1 gig mem computer youll never notice it running nod 32 is good but kaspersky is better.avira has high false positives wont touch that...its a matter of preference... :) :D

is there a crack for kaspersky

send box a pm, he's got a new patch for Kav/Kis :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Setup Nod v3 right and u'll get a pretty nice speed on Scanning.

Telling it what to scan and what not to scan...

• 1 year later...

hmm maybe old school but have always used norton...no virus's or spyware until i think i know best and bypass lol. maybe a bit resource hungry but i hide my drives that i dont want scanned. if u have over a terrabit all v/s scanners will take an age. ya disks only work so fast so if one takes 10 mins and the other takes 100 mins maybe the 100 mins is scanning a bit deeply. Matters not realy if u are only scanning new files and not every file over and over again. Scan ya crap once its clean move it to an excluded drive and all a/v scanners will be kwikker . my 1st post hope it makes sense bladdered on voddy tho!!! hmm

karachidude

Kaspersky wont slow boot time and will show less false positives and has a fantastic detection rate.In short its the best option.

karachidude

@ DMT

there are key available on torrents site by chattchitto(Kaspersky Key Wizard) and others.

Archived