Fastest and best Anti Virus program?

flempie

i use AVG 8.0 but I want to know which one you use and which one is the fastest and best secoure and which one got the best updating service ^_^

Tell me plz your experiance with your anti virus programs

gr flempie

• Replies 61
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESS/EAV in my opinion, it's fast, it doesn't use much resources and does well on AV tests. But toyo seems to be quite convinced of the powers of Kasperky so i think i'm going to try that too some time.

good signature + average heuristics = kaspersky v7

average signature + good heuristics = eav or ess v3

both are fine

whahaha ok :) let me know your experiance with it plz :lmao:

whahaha? What's so funny? I just told you ESS/EAV is a good AV/Security solution.

Experience? I've been using it for more than 4 years now and never had a single virus that came through. And it doesn't eat system resources, like our famous friend Norton would.

ESS/EAV in my opinion, it's fast, it doesn't use much resources and does well on AV tests. But toyo seems to be quite convinced of the powers of Kasperky so i think i'm going to try that too some time.
But toyo seems to be quite convinced of the powers of Kasperky so i think i'm going to try that too some time.that is why i said whahaha :Pand useman what if you compare it to ACG 8.0???

usman and can you say it in easy enlish my enlish isn't that good :) and what is you compare that rates agianst AVG 8.0???

kaspersky use 60MB in process and 8-16MBin GUI, ESS use 32MB in process and 2MB in gui so its less than x2 resources

you must be new one on AV market

kaspersky have large database of viruses but eset have not large database of viruses but have good advanced heuristics

kaspersky have not advanced heuristics

but in Kaspersky v8 they have develop improve heuristics but in beta

never use AVG in my whole pc life and i never want to use it in future

read this

http://www.eset.com/download/whitepapers/HeurAnalysis(Mar2007)Online.pdf

or see

http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse_2008_02.php

see result's

i just read a big dutch test of a lot of the av programs and the best free av was avira so mabye give that one a try???

Avira Antivir, is a very good scanner, but you will get a giant pop-up after an update :)

Tip: become beta-tester :lmao:

use it why you ask us

here in forum most people use Kav or eset

I have no problem using ESET, but whenever I do a virus scan, I look at the log and it's always "File Locked" or "Not enough permission to look" or w/e so I feel as if it's not really scanning anything,lol.

ohhh that is bad... can't you set that of or something??? and AVK seems to be really good too...

has some1 got a license file for avira antiv for me??? i am using the avira premium securiy suite

thx anyway

Archived