Fastest and best Anti Virus program?

flempie

• Replies 61
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fastest? Best? In my opinion, scanning FASTER does not mean it is BEST in securing! No AV is the BEST, if there is, what will happen to the REST?

Pick one, if it work for you, then it is the BEST!

I use EAV like the REST.

I hate Norton, but many ppl in the world are using it......

Fastest? Best? In my opinion, scanning FASTER does not mean it is BEST in securing! No AV is the BEST, if there is, what will happen to the REST?

I use EAV like the REST.

i agree to that! but let me tell you a story...

long long time ago here was a dinosaur Norton that ruled the world and web, and everybody loved it! but time went on and the king became greedy and tied to hug more and more peoples system resources... in those days the wed kingdom was also struck by viruses with main goal was to disable the old king :fear: many thought that time has come to elect a new king, but there were to many candidates... personally i tied to ally with panda, mcaffe and other old paladins, but none of them suited me like i hoped ;)

finally i found a hero form all those virus defenders! it was bitdefender :dance2: but in time he became weaker and harder to crack... so i said to my self that it's time to move on!

then a new warlord emerged for me named kaspersky :) in the beginning he looked grate, but reminded a lot of the old king and his greed for system resources :unsure: so it was time again to search for something new. in this search i met some free preachers like avira and avg. but i didn't like the idea that that i can get something else but trouble for free so i went on.

after long searches i finally found nod32, and he became my champion. years passed and i heard lots of good things about my former defenders. a lot of them became better, but nod32 is still in my heart and thats not about to change! :dance2:

the moral of this story is that most AV in the market work great (maybe even Norton again) but you have try and choose your self which one suites you BEST :)

so don't ask which is best, and don't listen when some one says that nod or kaspersky or avg or some other is best... just try and see ;)

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security v7.0 and am perfect with it!

Makes my system a bit slow but am full protected.

I was using Eset Smart Security and I went to Kaspersky because it's more advanced*

*Checks everything*

----------------------

Both are perfect! :-)

I use EAV like the REST.

long long time ago here was a dinosaur Norton that ruled the world and web, and everybody loved it! but time went on and the king became greedy and tied to hug more and more peoples system resources... in those days the wed kingdom was also struck by viruses with main goal was to disable the old king :dance2: many thought that time has come to elect a new king, but there were to many candidates... personally i tied to ally with panda, mcaffe and other old paladins, but none of them suited me like i hoped :)

finally i found a hero form all those virus defenders! it was bitdefender :dance2: but in time he became weaker and harder to crack... so i said to my self that it's time to move on!

then a new warlord emerged for me named kaspersky :) in the beginning he looked grate, but reminded a lot of the old king and his greed for system resources ;) so it was time again to search for something new. in this search i met some free preachers like avira and avg. but i didn't like the idea that that i can get something else but trouble for free so i went on.

after long searches i finally found nod32, and he became my champion. years passed and i heard lots of good things about my former defenders. a lot of them became better, but nod32 is still in my heart and thats not about to change! :dance2:

the moral of this story is that most AV in the market work great (maybe even Norton again) but you have try and choose your self which one suites you BEST :unsure:

so don't ask which is best, and don't listen when some one says that nod or kaspersky or avg or some other is best... just try and see :fear:

LOL...NICE ;)

Sorry,i forgot to say i also use ESET ESS 642.I used to use AVG Free,but when i came across this site i decided to try both KIS and ESS.

KIS and ESS are two of the best security suites out there, but i prefer ESS as its not a resource hog,and it works well on my pc :)

I use EAV like the REST.

long long time ago here was a dinosaur Norton that ruled the world and web, and everybody loved it! but time went on and the king became greedy and tied to hug more and more peoples system resources... in those days the wed kingdom was also struck by viruses with main goal was to disable the old king :fear: many thought that time has come to elect a new king, but there were to many candidates... personally i tied to ally with panda, mcaffe and other old paladins, but none of them suited me like i hoped ;)

then a new warlord emerged for me named kaspersky :) in the beginning he looked grate, but reminded a lot of the old king and his greed for system resources :unsure: so it was time again to search for something new. in this search i met some free preachers like avira and avg. but i didn't like the idea that that i can get something else but trouble for free so i went on.

the moral of this story is that most AV in the market work great (maybe even Norton again) but you have try and choose your self which one suites you BEST :)

so don't ask which is best, and don't listen when some one says that nod or kaspersky or avg or some other is best... just try and see ;)

Great Story!! I was lucky enough to come across Eset's Nod32 when I first ditched Norton and decided to look for something that'll actually work for me. And I haven't strayed since. Currently using ESS and loving how it works!

I started with Norton to, that was in 1995, the time when full a systemscan tooked 15seconds. :)

After that (couple years later) I used / tested Antivir, NOD32, Kaspersky, Panda, AVG, etc.

But only Antivir, NOD and AVG where good (system resources, "crackability", scantimes, viruscan engine self, ..)

Now i use NOD32, AVG and Antivir (2x), and none of these Windows-computer where never infected again.

I love KIS 7.0, but I started using ESS 3.0.642 3 days ago and I find it quite good so far, but it's removal and firewall is weak compared to KIS. So recommend KIS if u want a good AV, but it's expensive and a resource drainer, think twice b4 u choose.

sry 4 by bad EN.

You're english isn't bad at all, but i can't help to wonder; why is your name 'ESET Freak' when you like KIS more? :)

I think Kaspersky is the best in terms of security and also its pretty fast. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nah! in terms of resources- like BitDefender, but safest of all

I'd recomend AntiVir! (even personal)- puka!

I use ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite.

The best firewall combined with KAV anti-virus scanner, best of both worlds AIO.

No problem using it so far. choice of update intervals, 1hr, 2hr, daily, etc.

You're english isn't bad at all, but i can't help to wonder; why is your name 'ESET Freak' when you like KIS more? :rolleyes:

I like ESET more but I feel more safer with KIS coz I've been using it for 2 yrs whereas I just stared using ESS 4 days ago, still unsure which is better..

eset is fast but it misses some usb virus kaspersky never fails me, put kaspersky in 1 gig mem computer youll never notice it running nod 32 is good but kaspersky is better.avira has high false positives wont touch that...its a matter of preference... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bearoninternet
eset is fast but it misses some usb virus kaspersky never fails me, put kaspersky in 1 gig mem computer youll never notice it running nod 32 is good but kaspersky is better.avira has high false positives wont touch that...its a matter of preference... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's a load of crap. :frusty:

The best av doesnt exist. The fastest av probably isnt the best.

There have been a lot of posts previously about which is better; kis or eset.

As a matter of fact, some make it their personal religion :dance2: .

It's just a matter of personal preferences. What we all seem to agree on is there are a lot of shitty av's out there, and these two are not.

So it shouldnt be too hard to just pick one of these great av's, give one a try, and switch to the other one if you're unhappy about it.

used alway Nod32 (once bought )

nowaday's

1 Kis 7.0 here works perfect. (bought)

2 Kav 7 & OP2008 work also good (bought)

I like them all :rolleyes:

It's just what you prefer & also use common sense for surfing downloading etc.

:rolleyes:

is there a crack for kaspersky

What would be the best settings in advance setup for weekly scanning to help speed up the process for nod32; do u really need a deep clean for all scans, one hour is just too long.

If threatsense (for exemple, in real-time protection) is switched to CLEAN mode, NOD cleans automatically (without popup window), and the user don't knows what happens. Because this I suggest switch to NO CLEAN mode, and you get control for decissions.

Advanced heuristics (uses sanbox technology), unwanted applications, and dangerous applications (all selected) can consume a lot of resources for real-time protection.

For deep scan: if you scanned in the past your system, only for new files is needed a deep scan, or for "download folders", "temp folders", "internet folders". I'm thinking is better to scan deep all new files before install someone, than scheduler a deep system scan every week.

Back to orinal question/task-

I'm speechless by the performance of Moon Secure Antivirus! will blow the NOD and verry many others to bits!

Find it, try it, ENJOY!

ps sourceforge

Moon Secure Antivirus uses the ClamAV virus definitions, you can see if this protects you or not!!!
Moon Secure AV is an opensource Anti-Virus currently using the ClamAV engine due to fast response time and huge AV database, however we are implementing another engine that is heuristic and will allow users to customize the engine on the fly. Unlike ClamAV it has an enterprise level real-time scanner. It is built for Windows and will run on XP and Vista. It can scan portable drives and fixed drives. It is able to detect viruses, Trojans and spyware.

Our vision is to release an enterprise level Anti-Virus, which can be used in any Windows environment.

The aim is to provide a superior Anti-Virus capable with competing with the market leaders and still at the same price, free!

We aim to be part of an opensource “suite” which will allow all users to still use the environment they are comfortable with but benefit from the terrific opensource community.

Moon Secure Anti-Virus aims to be the best Free Anti-Virus for Windows under GPL license. It offers multiple scan engines, Net shield, Firewall, On access, on Exec scanner and rootkits preventions plus features from Commercial Anti-Virus applications.

NOTE: Net shield, Firewall and multiple scan engines are NOT implemented in the current versions but are planed to be added in future releases.

Features:

*High detection rates for viruses and spyware.

*Detection and preventions of rootkits.

*On access demand scans.

*Real-time scanning.

*Automatic updates.

*Standalone virus scanner and right-click menu integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer.

*No reboot required after installation.

*Resource usage, compared to other AV programs, is relatively low

Less than 30MB of memory.

Low CPU utilization during real-time protection. It does go up during active scan.

*Completely FREE under the GPL license.

Requirements:

*Minimum 25MB of RAM

*Microsoft Windows XP or Vista

NOTE: The are two different versions avialable

Moon Secure AV version 1.0.0.132(Stable)

Moon Secure AV version 2.2.2.160(Beta)

The Beta version has 3 different heuristic engines and 1 signature based engine.

Unlike the stable version that only has 1 signature based engine (ClamWin).

Definetly- you did not tested it :dance2:

Archived