• K-Lite Codec Pack
    • Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP)
    • Shark007 Codec Pack
    • Other (?)

• Replies 54
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use for now The KMPLayer and this one has all codecs included and works, but soon will change to Daum PotPlayer and same, none codec is needed. :) ( Same author )

klm mega codec pack plus vlc as the actual player

just so used to the keyboard shortcuts

I thought vlc comes with codecs so you don't need to install any additional? Correct me if I'm wrong.

once again: codecs are life support machine to M$ WMP, which is as capable as M$ is not greedy in producing cra$ware money and gains orientated tool

(Codecs) Where useful, until by miles more superior players came to light

always used xp codec pack with gom player/ bs palyer and never had any problems

klm mega codec pack plus vlc as the actual player

just so used to the keyboard shortcuts

I thought vlc comes with codecs so you don't need to install any additional? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, you are right but the thing is that VLC updates it's codecs very lately, as you can see it has not been updated for almost a year; so, codecs packs are needed for extreme performance, I have tweaked some external filters settings based on iaTa link and removed VLC and play everything on MPC-HC and the quality is amazing.

Audio, only foobar and no more with some additional components, like HDCD, SACD, DVD-Audio, DTS Decoder and burning feature.

Like a few others have stated, there's not really any need for a codec pack. Daum PotPlayer is about the best you can get right now, then just add the CoreAVC decoder for the best possible h264/mkv/avc playpack possible.

I use K-LIte 32 & 64 bit codecs :) but use them with VLC as the main default player.

• 3 weeks later...

@iaTa: Been using the LAV Filters and MadVR for a while now, and I was surprised to see ffdshow on the list of required codecs. I just jet LAV Video Decoder handle all of the videos. Is there any need for ffdshow, or difference in processing quality?

Well yeah if your CPU can handle it the image enhancement options in ffdshow video and the sound tweaks in ffdshow audio are second to none.

Combined with madVR, ReClock, LAV and 120" JVC projector setup you have the best image going.

I'm on VLC's default codecs and I'm fine with it.

VLC default codecs are very old, not updated for almost 1 year, I suggest you to install K-Lite for the best video/audio exprience. ;)

Can you use K-Lite Codecs with VLC?

I'm on VLC's default codecs and I'm fine with it.

VLC default codecs are very old, not updated for almost 1 year, I suggest you to install K-Lite for the best video/audio exprience. ;)

Can you use K-Lite Codecs with VLC?

I don't know exactly, but I think it is not possible; some very common filters maybe possible like ffdshow; but ask others, too. ;)

You may want to wait a little bit more, making VLC 1.2.0 is almost finished, it is newly based on libVLC and use libVLCcore for the first time and it is just awesome; it gives you extreme high performance even on low systems and also high compatibility with other projects, when it released, more updates will come; this is a very big major update to VLC, so many filters, codecs, demuxers, decoders, ... updated and also (not sure 100%) x64 codecs are offered with full hardware acceleration (Final stage) and so many other small and big changes. ;)

Preview 4 of that version came out just today, it will take some more time to be released as final, in this period you can try Media Player Classic with some perfect video codecs like madVR for highest video quality possible. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

How come when you go to the Media Player Classic Site on Share forge it shows a old version but on codec guide.com it shows a newer version of MPC bundled with standard k lite, shouldn't the share forge site be updated too!

in my opinion BsPlayer and VLC Media Player should be installed on every computer because they make a good job

• 3 weeks later...

Archived