Which is the best Standalone Firewall?

KotaXor

@Shought

Well said, can't be more polite than that.... :)

Polite is my second name, just like potatoehead, but only my friends can call me that :fool: :P

I thought I'd cheer you guys up a little... There's like almost no smilies in this topic ;) Sad... Fix that! :P

• Replies 134
  • Views 41.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the latest Matousec tests, the new Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 is the best! Check it out: http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-...nge/results.php.

. . . . . . thanks for the update!!!!

It's nice to see they've tested the paid version of Online Armor, this time. However, some of the versions they've tested have turned old (Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 6.5.2355.316.0597, Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.22.349) etc. etc. Good for end-users that the Publishers are upgrading their products quite frequently (Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 Build 6.5.2356.316.0603, Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.25.378) etc. etc.

The 'best' firewall might not be compatible with your computer, especially certain software. To me, the 'best firewall' is one that does not conflict with my existing program and still

provide me the information on what is accessing the internet.

How I interpret the information will be of utmost important in security.

If one does not know how to interpret, then they might as well stay with Windows XP built-in firewall, which does a decent job for the ignorant.

Now I understand why Micro$oft provide such a bare minimum 'firewall', I guess they feel that since most ppl are ignorant about firewall, too many pop-up will cause too much

complain....see what happen in Vista!

These are just my personal opinion.... :rolleyes:

How I interpret the information will be of utmost important in security.

If one does not know how to interpret, then they might as well stay with Windows XP built-in firewall, which does a decent job for the ignorant.

Yeah true - this is also why I always maintain that firewalls are not for 'Noobs' and folks posting their experiences and opinions here, are presumed (by me) to be 'Advanced Users.'

{Personally, I don't hesitate to try out something new (any software) purely based on the words of 'Advanced Users' - I know most of the folks on these threads are truly as accomplished as I believe.} :rolleyes:

Avast free home version + Comodo here...

You don't use Nod32? wonder why? :P

You don't use Nod32? wonder why? :sun:

I don't understand this <_<

However, I use avast and comodo because if I do connect to receive updates I won't feel paranoid when using their free version :fear:

You don't use Nod32? wonder why? :sun:

I don't understand this <_<

However, I use avast and comodo because if I do connect to receive updates I won't feel paranoid when using their free version :fear:

Don't misunderstand, I just assume most of us here use Nod32 (whichever version).

To each their own, I guess, as long as it works!

Archived