Acronis True Image Home 2012 v.15.0.5545 Fr/En

pekahman

• Replies 81
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having trouble with this method... I followed it step by step, but get a mixed signal from the about screen. It says the full version is activated, but is acting like the trial. If it then asks me for the serial and I put it in, I get an error. (See screenshots below)

post-10227-0-18618300-1317415580_thumb.j

post-10227-0-62845600-1317415613_thumb.j

I am having trouble with this method... I followed it step by step, but get a mixed signal from the about screen. It says the full version is activated, but is acting like the trial. If it then asks me for the serial and I put it in, I get an error. (See screenshots below)

Explain a little more please, you have this issue before activate acronis, after , ... ?

I retesting right now and it's work !

Explain a little more please, you have this issue before activate acronis, after , ... ?

That's exactly the same issue I am having. I followed the instructions here exactly, but on the "about acronis..." tab, it shows "Activated", yet keeps counting down the days until the "trial" expires, plus "Clone Disk" is not available because it's a trial. All the proper files have been blocked access in the firewall - they were blocked just after the instructions said to restart access to the internet. The 2011 version of Acronis is starting to look like where I'll return unless you've discovered some way around this "trial" issue. Thanks.

@ david6380,

are you follow exactly alls the steps from the PDF ?,

where have you download the installer ?

Win backup doesn't use compression...if you have a 30GB boot partition, windows will make a 30gb backup. :blink: With Acronis set to normal compression the same backup would probably be around 20gb or less even. You can also password protect and/or encrypt backups as well. Best of all, after you do the initial full backup the following incremental back ups are short and sweet. Backups are done in the backround, you never even notice while your working. I could go on for pages about how Acronis is worlds above Win backup. ;)

To everyone: I'm upping that full Acronis boot disk I've been on about right now.

Win backup doesn't use compression...if you have a 30GB boot partition, windows will make a 30gb backup. :blink: With Acronis set to normal compression the same backup would probably be around 20gb or less even. You can also password protect and/or encrypt backups as well. Best of all, after make do the initial full backup to following inremental back ups are short and sweet. Backups are done in the backround, you never even notice while your working. I could go on for pages about how Acronis is worlds above Win backup. ;)

To everyone: I'm upping that full Acronis boot disk I've been on about right now.

Anyone know if its possible to compress these backups? They are just plain old VHD, I figure you could use imagex on them but that is a WIM. I've been trying to reduce the amount of 3rd party software I use but this size difference has kept me from it. Acronis is usually 50% W7 backup size for me (I use max compression).

@ david3680,

I downloaded build 5545 direct from Acronis and then used the method posted here to activate. At some level the software is activated, but it's still counting down as a trial. Do you have a screenshot of the method posted here showing that Acronis 2012.5545 is fully activated and not a trial version (for example, Clone Disk is available).

@ david3680,

I might have found the problem. The mediafire archive didn't have the .cmd file when I downloaded it last week, but now it does. I will try using that cmd file and see if that helps.

If it says trial then that means you let it access the net! After your done activating you have to keep it blocked with your firewall or hosts file.

post-37431-0-84907900-1317535980_thumb.j

Hi

Thank you pekahman for your work around :D

One thing I have noticed and I dont think its the way this program has been activated.

If you install ATI 2012 and then plus pack and create a backup disc it will make a full linux ATI with plus disc and this will work fine when tested.

But if you create a PE disc (from the plus pack ) and test it, It will only create a trial disc (even through it says the windows program is full and activated and there is no count down.

It has not been given internet access in the main windows program either and is blocked by host file and firewall

I have tried this a few times just to make sure but it does the same thing. I have to use the PE disc on one of my computers and it hates the linux and it always has.

Can anyone else try to create a PE disc and test it for me? To see if it is just me or it's a programing problem (which I think it is) . (load the disc up and look in the about information page or try to create a restore point)

Thanks

@ david6380,

you have screenshots in " THE METHOD " ,download the PDF and read him.

Hi; yes I was careful reading the PDF before doing anything, and I did stay disconnected up until step 7, but I am sure that .cmd file wasn't there, because I recall thinking at one pont "where is that crack file" or some such thing while I was going through the installation. Unfortunately I didn't manually update the hosts file, either, just the firewall. That's what I would like to try again, although I am back on 2011 again. Thanks.

Here is what I did. I downloaded the trial version using the link here at nsane, I also downloaded the guide. I followed the guide instructions and performed each step per the instructions. I made sure to edit the hosts file and add in the needed info. After enabling the internet again, I noticed that the software was the trial mode. I will try the directions again today and see if the second time works.

@ Macoland,

hi, don't forget to active your Hosts file if it's not by uncomment the first line like this :

Hosts file unactived :

#127.0.0.1 localhost

Hosts file actived :

127.0.0.1 localhost

@pekahman

This problem is due to the software itself, and not the Internet connection. Let me explain.

I uninstalled Acronis 2012. I then disconnected the internet and installed it. After the install it was a "trial." I then used the license files I had saved previously to activate the software. After clicking activate, a message appeared saying that the software was activated. But when I went to the About screen, it showed the same Activated / Trial problem that I took a screenshot of earlier. This all happened before I even connected to the internet, so it is not activating properly even when offline.

I tried installing it 2 more times, and verified that I was using the correct codes for activation, etc, but I think there is something somewhere in the software that is telling my software that it is not valid.

Finally ATIH 2012 Activated on my PC, great trick pekahman +1

For people who fail to activate, or noted activated, but still count down on trial days, you should do exactly the step from 1 - 6 on pekahman tutorial, If you have change you serial before, you should uninstall your ATIH first, and install it again, remember to follow the instruction from step 1 to step 6.

The good news is ATIH Plus Pack is one package Activation With ATIH 2012.

@ Macoland,

It's very strange, cause you seem the onlyone ( and david 6380 ) to have this problem,

and also if you reinstall the software don't use your license previously backuped,

make a clean install, redownload the software with the link in the PDF and remake all step-by-step,

and eventually post complete screenshot of your " About screen " when you have this issue.

@ Wirya,

Thank's Man, and yes : you must follow exactly Step-y-Step " The Method " at begin from a clean install of Acronis

@ Macoland,

It's very strange, cause you seem the onlyone ( and david 6380 ) to have this problem,

and also if you reinstall the software don't use your license previously backuped,

make a clean install, redownload the software with the link in the PDF and remake all step-by-step,

and eventually post complete screenshot of your " About screen " when you have this issue.

I tried it again, this time clearing out the registry, etc. But it still failed. I even changed the date on my computer to Oct 31 to see what would happen, and it informs me that the trial has expired and no longer works. I guess I will just have to give up on this for now.

Are you continuing to block after install? With firewall or host file? If your using the hosts file maybe try a fw block...I dunno, just a suggestion. Also, when I activated mine, I just used the serial, not the .lic file to activate, maybe give that a shot....

Hmmmm, Plus pack links are gone, can someone re-up please?

Used IE to get it.... so scratch that request... thanks!

Are you continuing to block after install? With firewall or host file? If your using the hosts file maybe try a fw block...I dunno, just a suggestion. Also, when I activated mine, I just used the serial, not the .lic file to activate, maybe give that a shot....

Yes, I edited the hosts file, but the problem with it not registering correctly happens before I even connect back to the internet. Tomorrow I am going to try it in a VM just to prove to myself that I am not crazy. :s If it works in the VM, then I will know that there is something weird with my machine settings or setup.

Ok, here is my update. I have tried this on 2 other machines, including a VM and "the method" works perfectly. I noticed that when I go to the About screen right after the install, it shows the serial number.

On my laptop though, there must be an old registry key or something messing up the install, since I never see the serial in the about screen, it only shows the trial screen shot that I posted earlier. I am not going to reinstall everything just for Acronis, but I wish I knew what was keeping the software from working correctly! :frusty:

Archived