ESET General Discussion

shought

Hello, is it normal to have 700mb privare bytes when using eset smart security 8 final ?

Short answer - no.

So what is the normal range i should get?

The version that came out today using about 87 mb on my system when I was using Avast 2014 it only used like 24.6 MB :(

Nod32 use like 100mb of ram but don't effect system speed, some antiviruses use lower than that and your system will become too slow like Bitdefender

but more than 150mb is too much

The version that came out today using about 87 mb on my system when I was using Avast 2014 it only used like 24.6 MB :(

Nod32 use like 100mb of ram but don't effect system speed, some antiviruses use lower than that and your system will become too slow like Bitdefender

Right now NOD32 is using like 86 mb here but it vary it goes up higher after i been using my system along time . When i 1st woke up it was only using like 56 mb . Avast is like the lightest antivirus out today but very high false positives . :)

Edited by steven36

Right now NOD32 is using like 86 mb here but it vary it goes up higher after i been using my system along time . When i 1st woke up it was only using like 56 mb . Avast is like the lightest antivirus out today but very high false positives . :)

@BALTAGY is correct from my experience & feedback from ESET forum members.

In my case the workstations we have installed ESS V8 on over the last few weeks’ average around 100meg. With all modules enabled except Parental Control & Theft. ...Settings for Threats, HIPS, IDS, Firewall, Mail etc. are customised to our environment & all running efficiently unnoticed in the back ground.

From what I can gather according to the ESET guys, the Internet Protection Module in certain installs caused excessive mem spikes but hopefully this has been remedied in the updated module.

i still do get 200mb of ram after 48hours of non-stop pc activity

This very strange, my ekrn ESET Service stays around 80 some mb range most all the time when using my pc . Most of the time I just let my computer run, I only reboot .

Ive never go 48 hours with out stopping though . I have to do other things and also sleep . But still most all the time my computer is running. If mine had that bug I think i would test others out and see if it were my computer or was it really ESET's fault .

What OS are you running & how have you set your module / protection options buddy???

Are there any other security products running concurrently in your box????

@BALTAGY is correct from my experience & feedback from ESET forum members.

In my case the workstations we have installed ESS V8 on over the last few weeks’ average around 100meg. With all modules enabled except Parental Control & Theft. ...Settings for Threats, HIPS, IDS, Firewall, Mail etc. are customised to our environment & all running efficiently unnoticed in the back ground.

From what I can gather according to the ESET guys, the Internet Protection Module in certain installs caused excessive mem spikes but hopefully this has been remedied in the updated module.

the other 11% or 12% increase you guys are having must be coming from ESS Firewall. I use NOD32 with everything turned on Hips , Anti Exploit , Advanced memory scanner etc . I use Built in Windows FW .

U might be using 301 version

Install the latest 304

That should fix ur prob

Regards

v8 have a memory leak problem they are working on it, it shouldn't go more than 150mb

https://forum.eset.com/topic/3349-eset-smart-security-8-memory-leak/

Was this fixed in the 804 update?

U might be using 301 version

Install the latest 304

That should fix ur prob

Regards

Same problem in v8.0.304 they didn't fix it yet

Me too stick with version 7, and 7.0.325.0 was released.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=NEWS292&actp=LIST

• Improved: New engine module
  • Improved: Real-time detection improvements
  • Resolved: Problems with application crashes
  • Fixed: Problem with Anti-theft portal actions and missing screenshots
Edited by Matsuda

egui.exe does not appear in my Process Lasso list. And these are my module updates with EPA 2015:

Virus signature database: 10617 (20141024)Rapid Response module: 4946 (20141024)Update module: 1052 (20140801)Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1439 (20141003)Advanced heuristics module: 1153 (20140915)Archive support module: 1211 (20141001)Cleaner module: 1100 (20140827)Anti-Stealth support module: 1060 (20140514)ESET SysInspector module: 1243 (20140903)Real-time file system protection module: 1009 (20130301)Translation support module: 1264 (20140916)HIPS support module: 1148 (20140929)Internet protection module: 1145B (20140909)Database module: 1060 (20140714)
Edited by Knightmare

Virus signature database: 10617P (20141024)

Rapid Response module: 4946 (20141024)

Update module: 1052 (20140801)

Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1439 (20141003)

Advanced heuristics module: 1153 (20140915)

Archive support module: 1212 (20141009)

Cleaner module: 1100 (20140827)

Anti-Stealth support module: 1062 (20141022)

ESET SysInspector module: 1243 (20140903)

Real-time file system protection module: 1009 (20130301)

Translation support module: 1273 (20141008)

HIPS support module: 1149 (20141013)

Internet protection module: 1156B (20141023)

Database module: 1060 (20140714)

ballacoilupi72

Hello i have installed nod32 versione 8 in italian language with box-mara fix...installation and activation perfectly! patch works fine!!! thank you!! ..but what are the differences between the version 7 and version 8 of eset products? ...no new functionality ... no change graphics ...for me nothing difference!!! Version 8 is the same as version 7...

Me too stick with version 7, and 7.0.325.0 was released.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=NEWS292&actp=LIST

• Improved: New engine module
  • Improved: Real-time detection improvements
  • Resolved: Problems with application crashes
  • Fixed: Problem with Anti-theft portal actions and missing screenshots

tested all ESS....ver 5, 6 & 7 seem to work ok for me too....and yes version 7 seems to get 110 mb max

Latest feedback (26/10/14) from a long time member of the ESET FORUMS that has been experiencing frequent mem leak issues with ESS V8.

---------------------------------------------------------

Posted Yesterday, 10:08 PM

@everyone that currently have or have seen an unusual high memory usage by ekrn.exe at some point.

(if you don't want to wait until Internet protection module 1156B is put on the standard update servers continue as follows)....

Enable pre-release updates like described here: http://kb.eset.com/e...d=1414360539153

Once the updates have been downloaded, check the "about" window to confirm you now have Internet protection module 1156B. After that restart the computer and use it like normal.

FWIW, I have had IPM module 1156B for 3 days and so far so good. So I am quite confident to say it has been solved.

Of course if I see that the mem usage goes up again I will report in right away. But as I said so far so good....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest feedback (26/10/14) from a long time member of the ESET FORUMS that has been experiencing frequent mem leak issues with ESS V8.

@everyone that currently have or have seen an unusual high memory usage by ekrn.exe at some point.

(if you don't want to wait until Internet protection module 1156B is put on the standard update servers continue as follows)....

Enable pre-release updates like described here: http://kb.eset.com/e...d=1414360539153

Once the updates have been downloaded, check the "about" window to confirm you now have Internet protection module 1156B. After that restart the computer and use it like normal.

FWIW, I have had IPM module 1156B for 3 days and so far so good. So I am quite confident to say it has been solved.

Of course if I see that the mem usage goes up again I will report in right away. But as I said so far so good....

i'm testing it now, 16h now and ekrn.exe 116mb

i'm testing it now, 16h now and ekrn.exe 116mb

if u get 116mb it's normal.....that's what i get max with all previous versions of ESS