ESET General Discussion

shought

@vyzzer

Checked today on Eset Endpoint Security EES 5.0.2229.1, It's running just fine.

Screenshot

EES Database backup by ESET

has been Inserted with Lic Files, Expired Validity Date 03.03.2017.

Might be some steps i been miss in tuto.

To disable ESET Service,

1st you should disable Protection, ESET FireWall, ESET HIPS, Self-Defense. Restart PC.

eesfwdis.png

eeships.png

@vyzzer

Screenshot

To disable ESET Service,

1st you should disable Protection, ESET FireWall, ESET HIPS, Self-Defense. Restart PC.

eesfwdis.png

eeships.png

Hi iih1

Yes, those were the steps that you've missed out from the pictorial guide. I finally got to disable the "ESET Service" without anymore hinderances, thanks to you.

I've 3 boxes now set on this EES/EEA .Lic file activation mode and waiting for the next automated virus definition update. We've to wait for another few hours to see whether it execute an auto update or not. Keep fingers crossed.

Regards.

@vyzzer

Screenshot

To disable ESET Service,

eesfwdis.png

eeships.png

Hi iih1

Yes, those were the steps that you've missed out from the pictorial guide. I finally got to disable the "ESET Service" without anymore hinderances, thanks to you.

I've 3 boxes now set on this EES/EEA .Lic file activation mode and waiting for the next automated virus definition update. We've to wait for another few hours to see whether it execute an auto update or not. Keep fingers crossed.

Regards.

Yep, if you have another Lic key please let me know, I need some Help, other stuff.. i'll PM you. Thanks

@vyzzer

Screenshot

To disable ESET Service,

eesfwdis.png

eeships.png

Hi iih1

Regards.

Yep, if you have another Lic key please let me know, I need some Help, other stuff.. i'll PM you. Thanks

Hi iih1

I do have another EES/EEA .Lic file. If you need it to do some other stuff, just PM me and it's yours.

Regards.

@vyzzer

Screenshot

To disable ESET Service,

eesfwdis.png

eeships.png

Hi iih1

Regards.

Hi iih1

I do have another EES/EEA .Lic file. If you need it to do some other stuff, just PM me and it's yours.

Regards.

Hi iih1

The results are in, not a single one made it. All 3 boxes had failed the virus signature database update.

I'm currently rechecking the steps that you've provided me in the pictorial guide and would be performing one last tryout shortly.

Let see how it goes this time but frankly I doubt it will work. Hope I'm wrong though.

Regards.

No doubt, Database updated by auto updates on starting windows,
Frankly all pictorial guide are the truth, you try to other Lic files

regards

@vyzzer

Screenshot

To disable ESET Service,

eesfwdis.png

eeships.png

Hi iih1

Regards.

Hi iih1

Regards.

Hi iih1

The results are in, not a single one made it. All 3 boxes had failed the virus signature database update.

I'm currently rechecking the steps that you've provided me in the pictorial guide and would be performing one last tryout shortly.

Let see how it goes this time but frankly I doubt it will work. Hope I'm wrong though.

Regards.

Hi iih1

As I've expected, not a single one of them made it to virus definition update. I even enlisted the help of my friends to do this tryout, the results are still the same. iih1, what the heck is going on here? Did you miss out anything again? I'm extremely puzzled by the fact that yours made it and mine didn't. I had followed your pictorial guide down to the T, there's no way that I missed out on anything at my end.

BTW, I did a search and this is what Eset has to say about its product license files, I quote:

"The .lic file contains the license expiration date and number of workstations for which the license is valid, and is necessary in order for your product to function properly." Unquote.

As you can see from the above quote, there's no mention that the .lic file could be used to activate the Eset update function. From what I've read so far, updating the Eset virus signature database has nothing to do with the .lic file. The .lic file is there only to activate the administrating functions in Eset programs. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

I await your response with bated breath.

Regards.

Edit: Yes, I've tried with dissimilar .lic file.

Edited by vyzzer

yep. fully understood...what in your mind and result of your tryout, please find out
from eset official how to activate Endpoint edition with Lic files, as the reference.

my main problem with eset is offline definition updates are not available

that's why I prefer mse

my main problem with eset is offline definition updates are not available

that's why I prefer mse

see here >>>> //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/35345-eset-offline-update-definitions/

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN308&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1240815931765

Edited by iih1

iih1 bro the link u have given is for older versions of eset

I m talking about the latest version eset 7

how can I update it offline

which is very simple in case of mse

I'm confused by this. Where am I putting in the allow and block rules?

Just follow that link and post (at that topic) the details of your firewall - someone or the other is bound to jump to your assistance. 6HUIPBa.gif

Just follow that link and post (at that topic) the details of your firewall - someone or the other is bound to jump to your assistance. 6HUIPBa.gif

I got it figured out. Hopefully, this is permanent and updates all of the modules.

I got it figured out. Hopefully, this is permanent and updates all of the modules.

Glad you got that figured out - you can also test the permanency by setting your system date to as far in the future, as you like. F3h9xqz.gif

Glad you got that figured out - you can also test the permanency by setting your system date to as far in the future, as you like. F3h9xqz.gif

I know I can test it that way, but I mean I hope ESET doesn't change anything like the IP addresses. Is there anyway to implement this fix into box-mara?

Edited by Knightmare

I know I can test it that way, but I mean I hope ESET doesn't change anything like the IP addresses. Is there anyway to implement this fix into box-mara?

You can try posting in the relevant thread. ;)

• 1 month later...

I search 8.0.301.0 in french (Smart Security), do you think it's possible to find it ?

Thanks

Only these languages are available for the moment:

If you are interested in canadian french version, you can find it here:

X86

http://download.eset.com/download/win/ess/ess_nt32_frc.msi

X64

http://download.eset.com/download/win/ess/ess_nt64_frc.msi

t83o21.jpg

Edited by Laryy

Ulisess 10.0.6.6 Alpha

UlisessSeguridad.jpg

NEW UPDATE (01-Oct-2014)

Is a colletion of cracks/fixes released till date for NOD 32 Antivirus, ESET Endpoint and ESET Smart Security (x86/x64).Works in Nod32 v2.x, ESET Endpoint 5.x & ESS-EAV 3.0/4.x/5.x/6.x/7.x/8.x

What's been added in version:

* NodLogin 10.6.6 Alpha (x86/x64)
* ESET Product Activator 2015 (x86/x64)
* ESET Fix SB 2.1.0 (x86/x64)
* NOD32 Update Viewer 7.02.0 (x86/x64)

The rest of the included programs:

* TNOD User & Password Finder 1.4.2.3 (x86/x64)
* MiNODLogin 4.0.2.66 (x86/x64)
* NodLuna 14a (x86/x64)
* Box & Mara Fix 1.8 final (x86/x64)
* ESET Product Activator 7.0 (x86/x64)
* Eset Activator 1.0.1 (x86/x64)
* ESET PureFix 2.02 (x86/x64)
* ESET NOD32 Key Finder 2013 v1.0 Premium (x86/x64)
* NodDownload 1.0 beta (x86/x64)
* Nod Key Basic 1.0 beta (x86/x64)
* NOD Generador 8.0.1 (x86/x64)
* PassNOd32 v0.0.0.0.5
* MinodServer 1.4.0.1 (x86/x64)

Operating Systems:

Windows XP/2000/Vista/Win7/Win8.x/Win10 (x86/x64)

WARNING:

* ESET can detect these utilities as a false virus.

Add into exclusions, the paths:

C:\Program Files\ESET\*.*
C:\Program Files\UlisesSoft\*.*
C:\Program Files\ESET\Ulisess Seguridad\*.*

LANGUAGE: ENGLISH-SPANISH-FRENCH

SIZE: 20,1 Mb

Site: http://freakshare.com
Sharecode: /files/f45pki0c/Ulisess-Seguridad-10.6.6-Alpha.exe.html [?]

Site: http://dfiles.eu
Sharecode: /files/chigz1qq5 [?]

Site: http://bannedhost.to
Sharecode: /gtknl5od [?]

Site: http://rg.to/file
Sharecode: /bc2d0edc0a74ee3a14c328de60224028/Ulisess_Seguridad_10.6.6_Alpha.exe.html [?]

Edited by M.A.G.

how enable edit button for offline update in eset smart security 8

PackageFeatures = 54 not work in eset 8

Default: 53 Hexa, Decimal: 83 (ESS)
Default: 22 Hexa, Decimal: 34 (EAV)
Try 24 (Hexa), Decimal becomes 36 (EAV) -> http://s27.postimg.org/hk1gkllvn/EAV8_Upd_Mirror.png
Notice: If you get Security Certificates Issue, Switch to Hexadecimal: 54, Decimal Becomes: 84 on ESS 8.301.0
Regards
Edited by iih1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, is it normal to have 700mb privare bytes when using eset smart security 8 final ?

Upgraded from version 5 which was working great between 98mb (min) & 200mb (max) private bytes.... My system has 4gb of ram..

i unistalled v5 completely & then installed v8... what is the cause of this increase in private bytes? is it related to "scan on" settings in "Real time filesystem protection" (advanced setup)?

Any help would be appreciated....