Windows XP or Windows Vista ?

incurable

Bumping an old thread, but for a reason worth it.. I just decided to stay away from Vista.. It's fucking crap!

Just tried out Vista SP1 in my system.. My fps in CS:S video stress test was 105+ fps in XP.. Guess the Vista result... 25 fps!! WTF?? SCREW VISTA!!! ;)

Back to XP via backup..

edit: except that.. fuck.. i forgot to oc.. well, shouldn't affect THAT much.. maybe i'll try again just to know the drop..

edit2: still got around 90 w/ stock clocks in xp, so fuck vistaa..

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am using XP Pro SP2, I use the vista transformation pack and change the look to vista. Love the graphic of vista and the efficiency of XP, the best of both world.

bearoninternet
I am using XP Pro SP2, I use the vista transformation pack and change the look to vista. Love the graphic of vista and the efficiency of XP, the best of both world.

When you change the look to vista you lose the maximum efficiency of xp.

Xp (and any other system) is at its best (fastest) when visual effects are set to none.

But if you love the graphics of vista i quess its better then using vista.

Recently i daul booted my laptop to ubuntu & xp pro. Just because i was curious what linux had to offer.

I fell in love with ubuntu and only boot to xp pro whenever there is no alternative (gaming and photoshop).

Just to let you know.. Xp pro is still and will always be faster and more efficient than Vista on pre-vista systems.

When you change the look to vista you lose the maximum efficiency of xp.

Xp (and any other system) is at its best (fastest) when visual effects are set to none.

But if you love the graphics of vista i quess its better then using vista.

Recently i daul booted my laptop to ubuntu & xp pro. Just because i was curious what linux had to offer.

I fell in love with ubuntu and only boot to xp pro whenever there is no alternative (gaming and photoshop).

Just to let you know.. Xp pro is still and will always be faster and more efficient than Vista on pre-vista systems.

Had to agree with you on that, especially the Glass2k which took up a lot of RAM when use......I disable it....Although it nice to look at, it gave me a F.....ing headache while scrolling.

Like the Vista Start button though.

Thinking of using Linux, but then again will most softwares work with Linux?

never update?? that is not ok ;), you miss alot of security updates too.. , just wga patch it

ore you should use a corporate xp version .. ; look for 'etho' releases

If you look for etho(eth-->o<--) you won't find much. Search for windows genuine advantage eth0(eth-->0<--) 1.7.59.1 UPDATED on a torrent site(thepiratebay will do). This'll make your search a bit more easy ;)

And you're right, never updating is certainly not OK.

never update?? that is not ok :), you miss alot of security updates too.. , just wga patch it

ore you should use a corporate xp version .. ; look for 'etho' releases

If you look for eth-->o<-- you won't find much. Search for windows genuine advantage eth0(eth-->0<--) 1.7.59.1 UPDATED on a torrent site(thepiratebay will do). This'll make your search a bit more easy :dance2:

There is a serial number which I am using which I can actually register my XP Pro and update without problem. I can also update the WGA from microsoft without problem.

Been using this key for about 2years, I can update as and when I want (which is normally at the end of the month). I had use a key changer to change to this valid key...

So far not necessary to use crack wga patch, microsoft update the wga every now and then. If you use the patch, you must update it before microsoft update theirs.

If you look for eth-->o<-- you won't find much. Search for windows genuine advantage eth0(eth-->0<--) 1.7.59.1 UPDATED on a torrent site(thepiratebay will do). This'll make your search a bit more easy :dance2:

oh yes, you are right :)

There is a serial number which I am using which I can actually register my XP Pro and update without problem. I can also update the WGA from microsoft without problem.

Been using this key for about 2years, I can update as and when I want (which is normally at the end of the month). I had use a key changer to change to this valid key...

So far not necessary to use crack wga patch, microsoft update the wga every now and then. If you use the patch, you must update it before microsoft update theirs.

I think that is the deferince between corporate and retail editions.. if you have corporate version you dont need to patch it..

bearoninternet

Thinking of using Linux, but then again will most softwares work with Linux?

No it will not,, Most software made for windows doesnt work (well) on linux.

Some things you dont even need on linux, like av or firewall. :sneaky:

There are a lot of alternatives for linux though, some good, some bad, some even better.

Thats why i dual booted so i can switch to xp if necessary.

Almost every open source software runs perfectly on linux.

You can always try ubuntu before you install, running from cd, to check things out. downloadpage

Since Ubuntu is a community developed operating system the help on forum is great, so you're not alone. :dance2:

Thanks for the advice, using LiveCD. New interface, need time to get use to it. I am using a lot of portable open source software and guess it is not a real problem.

Nice interface to go hacking with.....LOL

Archived