Windows XP or Windows Vista ?

incurable

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree,do you have an f6 driver for wxp and a floppy drive?wxp will be twice as fast and use half the resources.

but you have to check first if there are XP-drivers for your laptop. Many laptops that are solled nowedays are only vista compatible because there are only vista-drivers for..

i know; it sucks .. but it's microsofts way to make money B) ;)

I have a free copy of Vista Business from Microsoft and gave it a try, I then removed it in very short order. Not only is it a resource hog, but the constants security prompts were a major pain in the posterior. I have a machine with similar specs and it flies with XP. I'm certain that you will be more than happy with the "Upgrade" to XP. BTW, I'm running SP3 as well and it works very nicely on my system. Good luck.

I must to search to find all the drivers for my laptop and then to format it! yey :lol: Vista sucks for me

I have Windows XP Pro SP2 bootable disc but I don't know if the serial key is valid. But anyway am not going to do updates so am ok!

download the ETHO XP SP2 corporate release january 2008 integrated .. i don't know how you download but you can find it with emule(p2p) .. probably olso with torrent ..

make sure you have a corporate and not a retail ..

Have you ever seen a turbo turbo turbo pc?

Well.. I've seen :)

Thanks guys! I'm running XP now and everything goes.. PERFECT!!!

:D

bearoninternet
Have you ever seen a turbo turbo turbo pc?

Well.. I've seen :)

Thanks guys! I'm running XP now and everything goes.. PERFECT!!!

:D

Great! Now if you turn of all visual effects and set system to best performance you'll be watching a turbo turbo turbo turbo pc :D

You can adjust the Visual Effects manually using:

1. Start / Run / Sysdm.cpl / OK.

2. On the Advanced tab, press the Settings button under Performance.

3. Select the Visual Effects tab.

4. Check the Adjust for best performance box.

5. Press Apply and OK.

There are many more ways to speed up xp, just google a bit.

This one worked great on my laptop.

Yeah mate I forgot the classic mode. I did it with right click on my computer icon and i did it for best performance.

Thank you for reminding me that! :-)

Before my computer's speed was 1.60GHz now with best performance is 1.99GHz :-D

Thank you all!

* When you have anything new post it * (for the best for our pc's)

Another vote for XP. I'm waiting for the next flavor of windows before I think of changing.

Had tried Vista for over a month and it's just not for me. It has a Fisher Price toy feel to me.

Almost like what happens when AOL and Vista get together and produce an offspring.

...;)

Windows XP all the way. Add Windowblinds & apply skin Vista plus v3 and you're laughing :P

If you want to make it even more like Vista, just delete a couple of important registry keys to make the system unstable. ;)

I don't know, I'm classic guy!

I use XP :-P

What's the point to have XP and make it as Vista? hehe

Download Vista and stay with it! ;-)

I like XP and I don't care what Microsoft does with the new graphics etc.. Classic and Perfect performance! (I use my graphics when am doing a website lol:P)

*But ok for those who have XP and they want it to look like vista they can do it! hehehe

BTW, I'm running SP3 as well and it works very nicely on my system. Good luck.

Out of interest, what build number are you running for SP3?

Is it: Service Pack 3 (build 3264) or build 3282?

I've been tempted to try this, what with the over a thousand fixes it seems to implement... but it's supposedly due for release the first half of 2008 so who knows.

BTW, I'm running SP3 as well and it works very nicely on my system. Good luck.

Out of interest, what build number are you running for SP3?

Is it: Service Pack 3 (build 3264) or build 3282?

I've been tempted to try this, what with the over a thousand fixes it seems to implement... but it's supposedly due for release the first half of 2008 so who knows.

It is said be coming out around Feb 15th...

I didn't find Windows XP SP3 with torrent files to work.

I downloaded one with many seeders and downloaders but it was fake.

So I installed Windows XP SP2 from a friend.

(99% My windows are copy :-P)

What am I waiting in my country... lol

*I never do updates so am ok!

never update?? that is not ok ;), you miss alot of security updates too.. , just wga patch it

ore you should use a corporate xp version .. ; look for 'etho' releases

Nah, if u haven't updated till now just wait for SP3 instead of now downloading all the updates since SP3 includes them & it's soon out (final).. Just my 2 cents.. ;)

I'm gonna wait for the final SP3 and if I find it valid(no copy) I will do updates.

At the time I don't need updates :)

Currently using XP-SP2, used the SP3, never found anything beeing unstable, used Vista, solid as a rock. Though, it fucked up my gaming peformance, which is very important for me. Just using some XP disk I integrated and tweaked myself with nLite (stupid VIA textmode SATA drivers), works as a charm.

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 and I'm not updating. Who cares!!!

I was using Windows Vista Business too but I found them too slow and I'm back to Windows XP Pro SP2.

I'm not updating to save disk on my laptop :lol:

* One day I needed an update to let me install Windows Live Messenger v8.5+, I did a search, I found it, and that's it! *

I'm using also ESET's Smart Security I'm not worried about anything! :rofl:

Archived