XP SP3 and detected cracks/patches etc

toyo

:shit:shit! someone stop me from posting, and most importantly form PC after :blink: all together

...else do argee with everyone: admins are appreciated very much so :clap: Let them do the hard work :rofl:

• Replies 50
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:shit:shit! someone stop me from posting, and most importantly form PC after :blink: all together
hmm, we could meet in person and I could lure you in my den with the help of some candy... then make you my love slave. only if you're female and good looking though. and if my gf agrees. ah well, fine. :-D

or what about a board wide mobbing campaign to drive you away? ;-)

and remember: weed is bad! now pass it on...

one other item,getting back to the topic at hand,when i uninstalled sp3 my ie7 refused to connectto a website,no matter what i did.i am still working on it.

when i uninstalled sp3 my ie7 refused to connectto a website,no matter what i did.i am still working on it.
do have any software installed that might block it (e.g. wrong configured firewall)? are your connection setting all right? did you try to reinstall IE?

JunkInternetMail

Sometimes I wonder how many of you can read?

My question wasn't about Toyo's promotion it was about him asking such a question that is largely based on false information and hearsay.

At least 50% of all MS horror stories are caused by unknowledgable people breaking their OS PRE SP install.

I was only rather shocked that someone would post something without actually experiencing it himself.

I honestly don't care who is an admin or site staff here that decision isn't up to me; if you are cool with you are cool with me.

I have nothing against anyone here except 1 member and the owners/operators of this site have been notified of that.

@Toyo

I was as admin on 3 VERY popular forums and I cannot reveal those b/c they would reveal I am really am! :blink:

I know the pressures of admins and I respect you for taking the job.

I suppose you misunderstand my comment like the rest of the people here.

This is mostly a "warez" forum and it's kinda shocking how little people tend to know about PCs that use "warez" daily; like a religion.

Excellent work on the front page and excellent work with your icons.

@The rest of you who can't read...

Learn how to INTERPRET, DIFFERENTIATE, and ANALYZE!

@Dude with IE7 Issues

Reinstall IE7 in safe mode.

how do you expect them to understand what you write if they cannot read? ;-)

when i uninstalled sp3 my ie7 refused to connectto a website,no matter what i did.i am still working on it.
do have any software installed that might block it (e.g. wrong configured firewall)? are your connection setting all right? did you try to reinstall IE?

Sometimes I wonder how many of you can read?

My question wasn't about Toyo's promotion it was about him asking such a question that is largely based on false information and hearsay.

At least 50% of all MS horror stories are caused by unknowledgable people breaking their OS PRE SP install.

I was only rather shocked that someone would post something without actually experiencing it himself.

I honestly don't care who is an admin or site staff here that decision isn't up to me; if you are cool with you are cool with me.

I have nothing against anyone here except 1 member and the owners/operators of this site have been notified of that.

@Toyo

I was as admin on 3 VERY popular forums and I cannot reveal those b/c they would reveal I am really am! :P

I know the pressures of admins and I respect you for taking the job.

I suppose you misunderstand my comment like the rest of the people here.

This is mostly a "warez" forum and it's kinda shocking how little people tend to know about PCs that use "warez" daily; like a religion.

Excellent work on the front page and excellent work with your icons.

@Dude with IE7 Issues

Reinstall IE7 in safe mode.

than you .iw ill give it a try,this time in safe mode.

post-3563-1199536545_thumb.gif

That official

"Microsoft destroys user data"

ZDnet

and all of it for cleane / legit, unmodiffied windows...

yeah, I saw the news about Office 2003 SP3 too yesterday... backwards compatibility, what's that? :P

doesn't have much to do with WinXP SP3 though ;-)

(If you were serious, i guess) Backwards compatibility probably meant that they are making Office 2003 able to open files made in Office 2007 but if i'm not mistaken that's already possible but just like taking stuff from Word into Notepad you lose some of the layout ;-) Maybe they're trying to fix this?

(If you were serious, i guess)
no, my comment was meant as a sarcastic one. sorry for any misunderstanding.
Backwards compatibility probably meant that they are making Office 2003 able to open files made in Office 2007...
no, what you're talking about is more like forward compatibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backward_compatibility

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_compatibility

but if i'm not mistaken that's already possible but just like taking stuff from Word into Notepad you lose some of the layout ;-)
;-)

Hehe i'm not a bad english speaker(if i say so myself, don't say i'm good neither) but reading sarcasm... :P I have to practice on that!

About the compatibility you're right, my bad. But still it would be nice if they did what i just mentioned... Because now when i transfer my files to school their crappy computers won't be able to get my layout right :P

ps.... i think i found our anonymous member....

About the compatibility you're right, my bad. But still it would be nice if they did what i just mentioned... Because now when i transfer my files to school their crappy computers won't be able to get my layout right :P
maybe this might help (haven't tried it):

http://://://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta...;displaylang=en

Thanks but i already tried that ;-) If you don't you won't even be able to read those files, if you install that you will be but then the Word--->Notepad effect kicks in...(Not really that bad, but not sufficient either)

@JunkInternetMail: I know who you are (at least partially), all respect due for that, keep it going :P

@martina: Why the hell did you choose a girl's name man? (If I understood right... if not, please clarify the issue, if you are so kind :P )

@all: stop fighting or I'm deleting the damn thread ... thank you :P

@martina: Why the hell did you choose a girl's name man? (If I understood right... if not, please clarify the issue, if you are so kind :) )
it was just the first name that came to my mind when choosing a nick at that time (boring, but true).

i hate to interupt but reinstalling ie in safe mode did not work.

A few lessons hopefully learned here....

1...if you plan to install beta, pre release, or any other software that IS NOT a final version remember to have a back up of your hard drive...use acronis or drive clone pro or some similar imaging software

2... don't come the nsane forums to bait others into fights...it gives the site a bad name...dock came here to get some help with IE7 not working properly and i think his problem got lost in the mild fight that erupted...anyway try this Dock... shut down your anti virus program during the install i had the same problem a while back and someone here at this site told me this solution

JunkInternetMail

Another option:

Boot using your XP cd, when prompted, press F8, then ENTER, and when asked, press R to repair Windows.

It will do a full install and NOT change your apps or data.

Sometimes, before or when testing betas, a SANDBOX app like, SandBoxie or a Virtual Machine can work great.

There is an uninstaller for IE7 and registry removal for IE6. Removing both, then reinstalling, should fix it.

As dmog said, shutting down AV before installs is a much more secure way to be s ure that you protected OS files are available for changes.

Good AV tries to protect locked files from modification, it's one of those things the engineers have never worked out well for Windows.

thanks d, i had more issues and formatted anyway.everything ok now.so far

Thanks also from me also to JunkInternetMail, it is nice to have yet one more person with your knowledge and experience to help the rest of us when we need it. I know thats why i first started coming to this forum to get help and learn a bit myself. I quite often amaze family and friends with( mostly minor) problems with their computers and it all comes from knowledge gained form the people here at this site.

• 1 month later...

holy thread resurrection! ;-)

WinXP SP3 RC2 is out now for free download via Windows update.

you need to deinstall any former version of this SP and then download and execute this:

http://://download.microsoft.com/download/5/3...ndidate%202.exe

after that, SP3 RC2 should be visible in windows update.

here are the official release notes (feature wise):

http://://download.microsoft.com/download/c/d...31/relnotes.htm

Thanks but i will wait until they have the actual FINAL version and not an RC..... RC is just another way of saying beta or pre-beta. With such an important piece of software i won't be taking the chance that some unforeseen bug will cause me untold headache and exasperation....after all we are talking Microsoft :P

Thanks but i will wait until they have the actual FINAL version and not an RC..... RC is just another way of saying beta or pre-beta. With such an important piece of software i won't be taking the chance that some unforeseen bug will cause me untold headache and exasperation....after all we are talking Microsoft :P
normally it should be alpha (unstable, feature adding) - beta (more stable, bug squishing) - RC (last bugs) - final (hopefully no bugs)...

though I agree, SP1 RC2 refresh for Vista became final too without any further changes and look where we are now.

well, the problems are mainly due to the updates that are required to install the SP, but still.

I'm not going to update yet either, but maybe somebody else finds this interesting :-)

i hate to interupt but reinstalling ie in safe mode did not work.

A few lessons hopefully learned here....

1...if you plan to install beta, pre release, or any other software that IS NOT a final version remember to have a back up of your hard drive...use acronis or drive clone pro or some similar imaging software

2... don't come the nsane forums to bait others into fights...it gives the site a bad name...dock came here to get some help with IE7 not working properly and i think his problem got lost in the mild fight that erupted...anyway try this Dock... shut down your anti virus program during the install i had the same problem a while back and someone here at this site told me this solution

thanks d,my sentiments exactly.thank you for your help and also the other members for the responses

Archived