What is a good program other than ccleaner?

mrkool123

AVG tuneup seems the best one after CCleaner ... I found some of the others a little destructive to my systems

AVG TuneUp is just a licensed clone of Auslogics BoostSpeed wrapped up in a AVG GUI.

You can use Auslogics Disk Cleaner Freeware which is the exact same thing.

I wholeheartedly agree. After trying all of those mentioned above, I have found Auslogics BoostSpeed the best of them all. Like CCleaner it's very safe, but it does a more complete job cleaning junk files, obsolete registry entries and tuning your system.. Imho, the others are too aggressive and will (sooner or later) mess-up your system!

Site: http://www.auslogics.com

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Auslogics is good, but it has screwed my system twice.

How long ago was that (which version were you using at the time)?

• Administrator

How long ago was that (which version were you using at the time)?

It's been more than a year. Don't remember the version.

Doesn't mean I don't recommend it. ;)

User error :D I've screwed my systems with most registry cleaners :rolleyes: including ccleaner and jv16. I think it's bound to happen and only a matter of time. I still do it even though it's not necessary, unless you want rid of something for a particular reason like reinstalling a trial etc. Then it's probably best to do it manually. (talking reg cleaning)

Slim cleaner is a little ccleaner like and free. Nowdays Im using WinAso and Ashampoo Win Optimizer. Still use ccleaner for a quick clean and to disable start up progs. B) Nearly forgot latest addition to my arsenal PcTools privacy guardian. What one misses another will catch. (Probably should stick with 1 really but im a software junkie)

Archived