What is a good program other than ccleaner?

mrkool123

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JV16 and TuneUp, but I think that if you're not a very pretentious user you don't need more than CCleaner. However, I have all 3 apps installed, for the sole reason that each one offers something I like. Maybe I'll skip on TuneUp the next clean Windows install though...

Ccleaner is bit faster than the other two mentioned above but it ll do the cleanup work rather than other two are capable of tuning and speeding up functions

RadioActive

Well, all the programs people mentioned so far are tuner-up software with a clean-up option, if you want something that does the same function as CCleaner, check out Webroot Window Washer. But I also see no reason to change from CCleaner.

I also have tried many applications, for cleaning junk files and privacy and in general a complete cleaner, I suggest you keep CCleaner and also "enhance" it with CCEnhancer. ^_^

I also have tried many applications, for cleaning junk files and privacy and in general a complete cleaner, I suggest you keep CCleaner and also "enhance" it with CCEnhancer. ^_^

There is also System Ninja made by the same vendor as CCEnhancer. For a complete list of free system cleaners try this Link

Thanks. :D

Try TFC. Temporary Files Cleaner.

• 2 months later...

AVG tuneup seems the best one after CCleaner ... I found some of the others a little destructive to my systems

AVG TuneUp is just a licensed clone of Auslogics BoostSpeed wrapped up in a AVG GUI.

You can use Auslogics Disk Cleaner Freeware which is the exact same thing.

Thanks. :D

What are some good programs other than ccleaner that does the same thing?

In my Opinion,CCleaner is IMHO the best, especially due to, you can define your own cleaning

rules, and there's some sites where ppl have published their own cleaning .ini files ..

I think CCEnhancer is the most well-known "add-on" for CCleaner..

CCEnhancer is a small tool which adds support for over 500 new programs into the popular program CCleaner.
The tool uses the winapp2.ini system built into CCleaner to easily add new rules and definitions for programs.
The rules were sourced mainly from the Piriform Support Forum, with several sourced from other places around the internet.

On Piriform's web-page,there is documentation how to add yourself stuff on the "list" ..

Archived