Which Firewall protection do you prefer/use?

zeon22

200 members have voted

1. 1. Which Firewall protection do you prefer/use?

• Agnitum Outpost Firewall
    • Ashampoo Firewall
    • AVS Firewall
    • Comodo Firewall
    • Lavasoft Personal Firewall
    • Look 'n' Stop Firewall
    • Online Armor
    • PC Tools Firewall Plus
    • PeerBlock
    • Privatefirewall
    • Rising Firewall
    • Sygate Firewall
    • Windows Inbuilt Firewall
    • Other Firewall (Please Specify)
    • I use Firewall bundled with my internet security/anivirus software
    • I don't use any!!!!!

Router's Firewall only can't be bothered with sorting out port forwarding on one device then exception rules on my own system.

• Replies 54
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to have CFW, but I decided to switch to something simpler yet still remaining effecting. So I got Online Armor Free.

• 2 weeks later...
madeinheaven
Kaspersy Internet Security 2012 since 2009 all the way down. Never have any problem yet.Highly recommended.

I recently switched from NIS to Symantec Endpoint Protection (which has NAV as AV (same as in NIS),and Sygate's Firewall integrated on it).

Very light on resources and highly recommended. (search direct-downloads library,if interested..)

AlienForce1

I recently switched from NIS to Symantec Endpoint Protection (which has NAV as AV (same as in NIS),and Sygate's Firewall integrated on it).

Very light on resources and highly recommended. (search direct-downloads library,if interested..)

At your recommendation I installed Symantec Endpoint Protection on a comp. and I can confirm that is working very nice and low on resources . I liked it`s multiple settings .

Still I had to change it for NAV2011 + windows firewall (low end computer - imagine that I had to change it from Win.7 to XP-SP3...)

• 2 weeks later...
AlienForce1

:dance2: Comodo is a combination of firewall and HIPS , fantastic ! :dance2:

I agree with you .

Still I had a bad experience with latest version -> my internet connection was messed up !

I tried uninstall , clean , reinstall -> nothing . The only sollution to my problem was to uninstall Comodo , clean reg. , reboot and now happy user of PrivateFirewall .

I use Symantec Endpoint Protection (and have been since it was known as Symantec Client Security).. very lightweight

i used comodo firewall for years ( hips disabled) , NOW i switch to windows 7 firewall , backuped with windows 7 firewall control :P

jimbojet2011

;-) Comodo Firewall without a doubt ( but not there anti virus ) I use avira in combination with Comodo firewall.

Greetings

Jimbojet2011

But not so blind to choose an nice avatar ;-)

Windows Firewall + AVM Fritzbox built-in firewall.

I use a Smoothwall with some modifications for the network and ESET Internet security for the PC machines, been working fine for few months no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I use bundled software, in this case ESET Internet Security, hah I dont want to slow down my PC with additional security software :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

COMODO rocks for me but must confess the HIPS component is more awesome than (and noisier, too) than the firewall component.

• 2 months later...

Archived