Which Firewall protection do you prefer/use?

zeon22

200 members have voted

1. 1. Which Firewall protection do you prefer/use?

• Agnitum Outpost Firewall
    • Ashampoo Firewall
    • AVS Firewall
    • Comodo Firewall
    • Lavasoft Personal Firewall
    • Look 'n' Stop Firewall
    • Online Armor
    • PC Tools Firewall Plus
    • PeerBlock
    • Privatefirewall
    • Rising Firewall
    • Sygate Firewall
    • Windows Inbuilt Firewall
    • Other Firewall (Please Specify)
    • I use Firewall bundled with my internet security/anivirus software
    • I don't use any!!!!!

Well I use comodo firewall!!

used many but comodo suited me more ^_^ ^_^

What about you???

I KNOW THAT THERE IS ALREADY A FIREWALL POLL BUT ITS A BIT OLD ,THIS IS POLL 2011! :D

• Replies 54
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using Eset Smart Security. I wouldn't use any since my router has hardware firewall, but I want to control which applications try to connect to Internet.

Cheers ;)

Windows (7) Firewall

+ my router also serves as a hardware firewall.

• Administrator

Comodo. :)

If anyone has any other firewall in mind that isn't included in above poll, please mention. ^_^

Agnitum Outpost Pro the last two years.

Before that so it was Zonealarm but accelerating problems and reinstall got me change to try other firewalls and I found Outpost to be good for me.

KIS provides a very good firewall , althought I used to have NOD32 with Outpost Firewall and was happy with them too ^_^

Windows (7) Firewall

+ my router also serves as a hardware firewall.

Ditto here, with my ISP's VOIP router placed inline between my router and modem for another hardware firewall.

RadioActive

I got Avast Internet Security 6.X, so I'm using its firewall and so far I got no complaints/problems.

I'm using Eset Smart Security. I wouldn't use any since my router has hardware firewall, but I want to control which applications try to connect to Internet.

Cheers ;)

Same. Why use many tremendous protection for viruses, when you only see viruses on the pictures! :lol:

How do I know that my Access Point AirLive 5460APv2/Cable Modem Thompson, i don't know model (Cable internet) has a hardware firewall! :rolleyes:

:cheers:

I chose other... and the reason is according to your classification I use several and different types..

Windows 7 Firewall is reported on and being used... I think this is jacked in with Local Security and Group Policy ( GPEDIT )

ESET Firewall and HIDS/HIPS - This is encompassing of several different areas..

Router/NAT Firewall and Traffic Shaping

cFos' Firewall and Detections..

PeerBlock - This is filtering..

PGP Desktop Encryption Proxy - Works with ESET and each encrypted connection as well as encrypting data which is not..

Tenable Nessus - which allows for scanning and anti-sec testing... resulting in changes to my system which make it more secure and leak info less... in some cases using some of the above.. mentioned..

Vidalia - Tor

HoneyPorts - Stopped using this so much and use to trial mods.. many of these items have been implemented into HIDS/HIPS of ESET.. with more custom rules..

OpenDNS - Traffic Filtering and Shaping for security..

... Oh yeah and several methods of bouncing/filtering of Bots and attacks on my servers...

So.. could be more specific in Firewall only or Traffic Shaping as your have PeerBlock which s a filtering... shaping aspect... :P

BTW: I found this today.. Group Policy for Windows 7 Premium Install. It allows the usage of GPEDIT on systems who do not have it installed.. or apart of their OS natively... :thumbsup:

AlienForce1

nemanja065

How do I know that my Access Point AirLive 5460APv2/Cable Modem Thompson, i don't know model (Cable internet) has a hardware firewall! :rolleyes:

:cheers:

It`s quite simple : look for it`s exact name / model and search on producer`s site for specifications ( or Google ) :rolleyes:

Look here - this is what you are looking for : http://www.airlive.com/product/product_3.jsp?pdid=PD1217473992975

Spec Sheet : http://69.64.87.53/airlive_fileserver/uploads/English/support/WL-5460AP-V2_specification.pdf

User`s Guide : http://69.64.87.53/airlive_fileserver/uploads/English/support/AirLive_WL-5460APv2_Manual.pdf B)

i am using Online Armour but i rather use Kaspersky firewall (2012) if they provide the firewall seperatly

SnakeMasteR

Avast Internet Security and its Firewall is enough for me. I hate to have

10 programs installed to end up with a result that a suite can provide.

I am happy with. :lol: :fear:

AlienForce1

i am using Online Armour but i rather use Kaspersky firewall (2012) if they provide the firewall seperatly

It`s included in the Internet Security Suite .

Kaspersky doesn`t have anymore a firewall in it`s current offer .

I use cFosSpeed built-in small firewall alongside Windows 7 Firewall and some security settings in my router.

I have to admit that Kaspersky's now deceased separate firewall was a little lacking (I still used it back in the day for the sake of having security from the same vendor), but the firewall now present in KIS 2012 is very much improved.

PS: the firewall present in Windows 7 is very passable also. I used it for a few months (behind a hardware router) without any other protection, and when Kaspersky finally released a Win7 compatible solution, the system was not infected... pretty cool.

i use Norton internet security only because its light and its faster. i love avast but it tends to slow my system down only because Ive got a slower end system.

I Use a firewall from the Eset Security Suite and at the same time I have the firewall on the router up and running!

JohnnyBravo41

For the whole Home Network I am using the Hardware Firewall built into my NetGear Router

for the individual PC's and shared components on the home network ( 4 wired PC's, 1 wireless Laptop, a Network printer, a network storage drive, a Home Media player w/ HD and a PS3 )

now each seperate PC also uses ESET Smart Security 4 - 64 bit ver........ so each individual PC can control /see exactly what is connecting or is being blocked....... each PC has it's own requirements

I also recommend others to check their Internet Security / accessable ports & their Routers etc for possible intrusions that people may not know are accessible through open ports or unsecured ports thru their Router

I myself, personally recommend and I use this website: Gibson Research Corp home page: http://www.grc.com/default.htm I use a handful of tests & tools that GRC provides ( most are for Free )

I check my Router & PC's ability to block or look like it is invisible/does not exist by using "Shields Up!" https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

I check the vulnerability of my Router and if it will Crash/Hang by using GRC's "Router Crash Test" https://www.grc.com/dns/crashtest.htm

hope this is helpful to everyone :thumbsup:

sidenote: ESET Smart Security 5.0 is now available for Public Open Beta

Johnny B

Archived