Which is better kaspersky internet security 2012 or Eset smart Security 4?

mrkool123

Kaspersky does slow down my computer. I've tested it many times, tried to get along with it many times, but I couldn't get along with it. I'm using ESET now :)

• Replies 35
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

screw all that, Firewall -> Comodo (free), Antivirus -> Malwarebytes (paid), and in case i need backup i have Avira (which is amazing) that i have set to NOT open upon startup since it uses memory (however the memory it uses is slim, but i run on 2gbs with a virtual computer on all the time so i need all i can get)

MBAM is not up to the mark when it comes to real time protection. It excels in on demand scanning, but not so great in catching virus/malware in real time.

Which is why i have avira. Also Malwarebytes has been able to catch several FUD's lately. They've gotten some pretty slick updates in their real-time methods.

Posted Image

Micah J Berman

Don't worry i check the individual hashes myself, i used to work with a non-anonymous hacker group.

Better question is:

Which on is better?

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 or VIPRE Internet Security 2012

Better question is:

Which on is better?

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 or VIPRE Internet Security 2012

I tested VIPRE 1 week ago and I was amazed !

Both, VIPRE and Kaspersky, have most advanced technology to fight all types of malicious software,

VIPRE is more responsive and have less impact system performance while Kaspersky still is performance hog,

both are very configurable and that is their key benefit against many other security suites.

VIPRE firewall can generate a few alerts due to the lack of a proper white list and even though it comes bundled with a HIPS ,

this is not by default enabled for the same reason. And VIPRE and Kaspersky are good choice for advanced user,

because leaving them on default setting is not even 30% of their capabilities!

VIPRE AV has this year better detection than KAV.

In area of security suites KIS is only IS that have all tools you need to stay protected and to fight infected computers !

I would say that Kaspersky have better reputation,

I don't know any tool that can replace TDSSKiller when we are dealing with (rootkit) infected PC,

also very good and popular Kasperky Rescue Disk or if you can remember Kaspersky Anti-Hacker.

VIPRE Internet Security 2012 :

-max protection

-better antivirus engine (thanks to excellent signatures)

-excellent web filters

-performance

-stability

-willingness to configure it

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 :

-max protection

-good antivirus engine

-superb malware removal

-better Firewall/HIPS

-improved performance but needs more improvement

-stability

-willingness to configure it

-much more tools for any situation and for any security enviroment

@6enii

Any activation method for vipre?i wanna try it :lol:

Yes, there is way to get 90 day VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware, but not VIPRE Internet Security 2012 atm.

Here is link !

eset nod+comodoFW for me :) been using kaspersky pure for almost 1 year and have to admit it,it slow down my PC big time :(

yeah some peoples said that kaspersky really light but whoever said it should consider that not everyone have the same hardware spec :P from my experience ksapersky really light if it's on idle :lol:

OK friends,things that you need to know to compare any of security solutions are respectively:

1- React in front of security issues and Accountability to zero-risks.

2- Better support and Accountability for users.

3- Better repair.

4- better stability in front of risks.Exp: Some security solutions maybe closed by risks so its self defense must be great.

5- better Protection like better database,HIPS,Firewall,Cloud , ... in front of Zero-risks,Internet risks,USB risks respectively.

6- better performance .

I heard Zonealarm uses Kaspersky Engine in their products and uses itself Firewall.I think now only thing for zonealarm is stability and performance.

So with these discussions:

Kaspersky's support and responsibilty and repair about users is very very better than Vipre so only database is not good for choose of security tools.

The major security company Kaspersky against other big companies like Symantec , McAfee, Trend micro in terms of support is weak.

i'm still using the cbi version of kis 2011. how much better in performance is kis2012. i used kis2012 briefly on a rarely used pc but not enough to judge performance difference. switched back to kis2011 because of trial reset headaches with 2012. is 2012 that much better in performance compared to 2011 that would make the trial headaches worth the switch?

i'm still using the cbi version of kis 2011. how much better in performance is kis2012. i used kis2012 briefly on a rarely used pc but not enough to judge performance difference. switched back to kis2011 because of trial reset headaches with 2012. is 2012 that much better in performance compared to 2011 that would make the trial headaches worth the switch?

From my experience Kasperky has gone bloatware since 09-10 & their latest versions KIS 2012 or 2013 TP aren't any better ! ESET for better or worse is undoubtedly the lightest AV solution there, pretty stable & feature rich, the only thing inconvenient though is its PUP option that flags nearly every other packer/crypter as malware.

Archived