What is the best disk defragmenter?

mrkool123

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

diskeeper pro premiere 2011 :P (i kno u said other than diskeeper) lol

Tweety.Abd

Diskeeper Enterprise Server Edition 2011 FTW!

• Administrator

Nothing is best. You got to try it and choose your preference. :)

Check these out, all of them are good. ^_^

As for most preferred, Diskeeper, PerfectDisk and Ultimate Defrag should be on top, also in features I think.

Nothing is best. You got to try it and choose your preference. :)

Check these out, all of them are good. ^_^

As for most preferred, Diskeeper, PerfectDisk and Ultimate Defrag should be on top, also in features I think.

I agree :)

Does diskeeper still have issues with boottime defrag and has few options to choose from compared to ultimate defrag and perfectdisk?

1. Couple years ago diskkeeper kept system files fragmented and didn't never place them on faster disk area.

2. When I selected diskeepers manual defrag then it started placing all my big videos and other files to faster area but replacing instead of defragmenting can take a lot of time on smaller drives.

3. Diskkeeper didn't show option to consolidate metadata, bootfiles or directories, instead it scrambled them to fit in empty places.

3. Interface was hard to use and had few options compared to ultimate defrag and perfectdisk.

Soon Perfectdisk 12 is out and I hope it doesn't have same bugs as in beta 225. ( ugly and broken statistics, wrong drive tempeture showings, ... )

PD12 will have similar ability as DK to predict fragmantation and manage file creation and it's placement before write to minimize fragmantation risks and hdd use.

For me, Piriform Defraggler is enough :)

LeetPirate

Defrag Express. Yea I know it lacks all the powerful customizations but practically speaking those options do nothing to increase performance in my experience, they only take away from your hdd lifespan.

What do you think about auslogics disk defrag?It seems to have some good reviews.

What do you think about auslogics disk defrag?It seems to have some good reviews.

Works well for me. So, i say Auslogic Disk Defrag is a very good defrag tool. :rolleyes:

Maxhedroom

I use DK with HyperFast for my SSD array, but I've always liked MyDefrag. Not much to look at but it has several different defrag scripts to choose from...you name it, it can do it pretty much.

I myself prefer PerfectDisk, and I'm really love it; it keeps my hard drive at maximum performance. ^_^

When you try a defragmenter...be sure to tried it for at least a month to "feel" the difference.

Windows 7 defrags once a week automically and sata harddrives are fast enough that it's not easy to notice much performance improvement.

People who want programs and games to load faster will notice the difference and optimized harddrive doesn't make so much noise and it also lowers down memory and cpu usage so nothing wrong to keep things tidy...

People who have upgraded to Win7 from older Win really should defragment their harddrive using boottime option because Windows 7 doesn't relocate MFT or pagefile itself, which wrong placement and fragments can lower drives speed a lot.

I borrow the thread on an question of defragmentation.

I have an Intel SSD 80GB, as I have my windows 7 (and some programs)

On my D: disk I have: office 2010, google chome tempfiles and about 150GB of games, can I use diskeeper to defrag my D:drive? (is it worth it?)

I myself use and recommend PerfectDisk. B)

Edit:

@robalm,

In your case it's worth defragmenting the drive D. Never try to defrag the C drive (SSD) because it will shorten the life of him.

I myself use and recommend PerfectDisk. B)

Edit:

@robalm,

In your case it's worth defragmenting the drive D. Never try to defrag the C drive (SSD) because it will shorten the life of him.

Ok tnx.

Yes I know that you should not defragment a SSD drive.

Diskeeper is very good it detects that you have a ssd, and remove the defragment feature.

I've been using Ultimate Defrag for years and I'm very happy with the performance.I'm very careful to configure it properly to have my high performance files and my archive files where they should be to achieve the best performance from the PC.

Michaleen Og

What is the best defragmenter other than diskeeper?

I've tried them all, and I keep going back to PerfectDisk, it seems to get the job done better than the rest, even though it takes a little longer, to my mind it delivers the best overall results!

But, to each their own!

Archived