New Computer Build

Naota

I made finally finished building my new computer. she is a beauty!

First off, thank you all who helped me with my indecisiveness for choosing a case (Lian Li vs

Xigmatec) and offered their opinions on the Radeon HD 6990 vs the gtx 590. I am finally done

creating my build.

Behold.... I call her Fuyutsuki. Fuyutsuki is japanese for "Winter Moon". This is because during the winter time, the moon looks much more clear and beautiful. =) Anyways...

94254227526762510910.jpg

ふゆつき

Computer Parts:

Motherboard:ASUS P8P67 Deluxe

CPU:Sandybridge i7 2600k

Video Card:XFX Radeon 6990

Memory:8GB DDR3 Ripjaws X 2133MHz

PSU:AX 1200w Modular GOLD Certified

Hard Drive:1 TB SATA 3 Caviar Black 32Mb Cache

SSD:240GB Vertex 3

DVD Drive:24x

Case:Lian Li PC-A77F

Keyboard:Logitech K750 Solar Keyboard

Mouse:Logitech Performance Mouse

Watercooling Stats:

Radiator: Black Ice® SR1 240

Radiator Fans: 2 Coolink SWiF2-1201’s

Water Pump: Performance-PCs Über 655 - LITE

CPU Water Block: EK-Supreme HF High Flow

Videocard Water Block: EK Waterblock 6990

Tubing: 15ft Tygon 3603 3/8" ID (5/8" OD) Clear

Reservoir: FrozenQ Liquid Fusion 250 ml UV Blue w/ a Cold Cathode Inverted Kit

Barbs: 10 of the Enzotech High Flow Barbs

Y Fittings: Polypropylene "Y" Fitting x2

Adapter: Bitspower G1/4" Anti-Cyclone

Fitting: Bitspower G1/4" Stop

Coolant: Feser One UV Blue

Heatshrink: 3/8 inch x 10 feet

Sleeving: 35feet

Photos:

94254227526762510910_thumb.png

10445200642469463162_thumb.png

94693010055293103855_thumb.png

82319474745793901490_thumb.png

12899711702684241433_thumb.png

98838284772998943403_thumb.png

50072318755568004925_thumb.png

67138816815857704164_thumb.png

52851011515725019658_thumb.png

Changes that I still To Do:

• Put in a new UV Reactive Light in the Reservoir (Broke 2 of them so far)
  • Clean up Cabling
  • Redo tubing to hide Y splitters
  • Sleeve rest of the wires
  • Add window to case
  • Add touchscreen fan controller

• Replies 35
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life is beautiful when you have enough money.

May it serve you for a long time and never fail :)

Everything is really cool&special, I'm lucky to posses a Performance MX from Logitech (I guess this is your mouse too), it's a bad-ass mouse that will make your PC experience much better and your hands less sore on the long days with the PC.

Take care of it :P

Life is beautiful when you have enough money.

May it serve you for a long time and never fail :)

Everything is really cool&special, I'm lucky to posses a Performance MX from Logitech (I guess this is your mouse too), it's a bad-ass mouse that will make your PC experience much better and your hands less sore on the long days with the PC.

Take care of it :P

Thanks mate =)

Life is beautiful when you have enough money

I was able to "justify" my purchase to myself since I was going to use it for work (game development, programming, 3d rendering, etc.) but we all know a build for a fourth of the price could've been enough. :frusty: Plus it helped big time that the company I work for is buying my current previous from me. ^_^ .... though at a huge discount.

, I'm lucky to posses a Performance MX from Logitech (I guess this is your mouse too), it's a bad-ass mouse that will make your PC experience much better and your hands less sore on the long days with the PC.

I haven't unboxed the mouse yet, but now I am looking forward to it when I transfer my data over later today. ^_^

My only "issue" is that you don't have CUDA. Given the actual state of the industry, I'm not sure what to think on this one. I doubt OpenCL will take off soon, and CUDA accelerates more applications (I think rendering too) every month. Video editing, transcoding, all MUCH quicker because of CUDA. I don't like this situation at all, but it's just how it is.

My only "issue" is that you don't have CUDA. Given the actual state of the industry, I'm not sure what to think on this one. I doubt OpenCL will take off soon, and CUDA accelerates more applications (I think rendering too) every month. Video editing, transcoding, all MUCH quicker because of CUDA. I don't like this situation at all, but it's just how it is.

I know what you mean. It was that single issue that led to me debating getting the GTX 590. After thinking about it for about two weeks, and digging in deeper, I decided against it because I felt the GTX 590 wasn't a high quality product. If I wasn't planning on over-clocking like crazy, I would've considered the GTX 590 a lot more.

I really liked the tessellation abilities of the GTX 590, and the idea of using CUDA. People have reported issues with their 3d renders being altered slightly when rendering in CUDA though. The 6990 was a better overall card (IMO) so I really hope AMD gets into gear and makes a worthy competing product.

I am actually an NVIDIA fanboy at heart though, so the decision really tore me apart. <_< I waited several weeks longer just to see how the Nvidia card faired. With CUDA aside, the consensus seemed to be that the GTX 590 would be good for air cooling (quieter), whereas the 6990 would be better if you wanted to over-clock a lot, could put up with the loud fan, or were going to use water cooling.

*slightly off topic*

I am surprised that none of you noticed that the water block for the CPU is upside-down. :lol:

Yeah the 6990 is better I think, speed wise. I'm not fanboy for either firms, I read (and then read some more...) and then buy the best thing I have money for. The GPU accelerated business is not perfect, but it keeps getting better and I think it's the future.

As for the water block, I'm looking forward for the day I see one out of the pictures, you know, maybe even touch it :unsure:

Nice one mate :dance2: , this is really a beaty . . How much u paid for it ?

Rated your pics with a deserved 5 stars/each, also +rep for sharing your valuable jewel with us :lol:

Yeah the 6990 is better I think, speed wise. I'm not fanboy for either firms, I read (and then read some more...) and then buy the best thing I have money for. The GPU accelerated business is not perfect, but it keeps getting better and I think it's the future.

As for the water block, I'm looking forward for the day I see one out of the pictures, you know, maybe even touch it :unsure:

You're right. That is why I hope AMD wakes up. I remember a few years ago they announced that it was making something to combat CUDA, but that never really happened. I try to read and read some more as well, which is why my card before this was a 4870x2. Though I would "prefer" an Nvidia card just because I think they do a better job at optimizing their drivers.

Nice one mate :dance2: , this is really a beaty . . How much u paid for it ?

Thanks! It was... *drumroll* $3,380.00 total $750 of that total being for the watercooling. This price does not include a monitor though. It does include the mouse/keyboard. I want to get the Dell 24" U2310 IPS Monitor but its several years old, so I am just waiting for the next version. Hopefully it'll have less input lag - not that it really matters for me. Despite how much I play, I will always suck at FPS games. ^_^

Rated your pics with a deserved 5 stars/each, also +rep for sharing your valuable jewel with us :lol:

Appreciated! I'll take a picture of the video card's block later and will put it up. That way you can "Touch" it by touching your monitor. :P

That Dell IPS has a 27" version with a 2,560 x 1,440 resolution. One friend of mine bought it, and then I got to work a week on one. Obviously I played some games also :D and I can tell you that there's no lag. I don't remember playing a pure FPS game, but I played Mass Effect 2 and worked perfectly.

A newer monitor could possibly bring better panel or feats, but I can guarantee you that you can have a monitor that's good at graphical work and multimedia, right now, and what do you know, it's pretty cheap also (considering what you buy: 27" IPS etc.)

WOW very nice. Can I have it? Please :P Water cooling still scares me because im clumsy with a screwdriver lol. :lol:

Now start playing some games. You don't fool me by saying it's for work. Oldest excuse in the book :D

Enjoy

WOW very nice. Can I have it? Please :P Water cooling still scares me because im clumsy with a screwdriver lol. :lol:

Now start playing some games. You don't fool me by saying it's for work. Oldest excuse in the book :D

Enjoy

Haha. There will be a lot of work and play on this machine. You are right that it will probably be more the former.

Anyways, I'll go ahead and update this thread again once I finish sleeving the cables and tucking them away. I'll have some better photos as well.

I would love a system like that :D *gorges and drools* lol

• Administrator

Jealous but happy that a fellow member bought it and I also got to see a kinda high end system. :)

Yes, p0rn on offer here. Peddlers&pervs alike posting :P

Where's the flux capacitor? :lol:

How could you miss the blue ADN-ish spiral of life, death and time travel (among other useful functions...)?

Where's the flux capacitor? :lol:

How could you miss the blue ADN-ish spiral of life, death and time travel (among other useful functions...)?

Haha. The cold cathode in it broke in half so its not lighting up. That is the second one I have broke for that reservoir. I'll hopefully have it in the next few days, then we'll have a fully work flux capacitor.

Btw is it bad that I never have seen Back to the Future? :s At least I got the reference though right? lol

• Administrator

Btw is it bad that I never have seen Back to the Future? :s At least I got the reference though right? lol

We both are in same boat. Well I saw one of the episode's ending, probably the first one, but they don't put it on TV these days.

But I'm loving Telltale Game's Back to the Future: The game. :)

grouchysmurf

So, just a question here....one that I have asked other developers.....

If you develop lets say a game on a oh, I don't know, let's call it an

"UBBER" system, and you get it running perfect, and all is good, and

it goes to pre-production, then production, gets a fancy package and **zoom** out to the market..

and then I go to buy it, checking on the requirements to run it...oh oh......

looks like I will not be BUYING it..why?

Because it was developed on an "UBBER" system that 98% of the planet cannot afford.

Why would you wish to limit potential sales?

And please, before you say anything, don't give me to support future development speech..

I have spent 20 years working in the industry.....anything that is in public is already 2 to 3 years old,

and anything newer than that should not have been released.

Other than that observation, your construction is very nice looking, pretty to look at. I am certain that it runs as well as it looks.

But please, do your developing on a real system, one that you might find in any household. :dance2:

I don't agree. Develop/work on the most powerful system you can afford without having budget problems, test your product on different other systems, simulating "real-world" conditions.

The system requirements we all see these days are the result of many factors, like porting from consoles, or using some components for work they can barely do as of now (like tessellation and applying AA on scenes with tons of fog etc.).

Also, there are obviously many artificial market conditions created by the need of the big companies to sell their newest products, so they do everything in their power to make the game publishers "suggest" powerful hardware is needed for the game to run.

All these subjects were debated many times along the years. We shouldn't force anybody to work on a slower system, when there is a fast one available. Testing is enough.

T4C Fantasy

believe it or not though the best rendering card is actually the ati 5970 pwns the 6990 in "almost" every benchmarki the 5970 beats the 6970 in all benchmarks though

http://www.hwcompare.com/9544/radeon-hd-5970-vs-radeon-hd-6990/

Texel Rate

The Radeon HD 5970 will be quite a bit (about 46%) more effective at texture filtering than the Radeon HD 6990.

Pixel Rate

The Radeon HD 5970 will be quite a bit (more or less 75%) more effective at AA than the Radeon HD 6990, and also should be able to handle higher resolutions better

Archived