Bizarre™

• Replies 62
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Thanks for the update! That was fast.

@DKT27: waiting for your benchmark. ;)

Nothing changed in bechmark between RC1, RC2/Final.

Cheers ;)

Thanks for reminding me guys. I'm planning to do a major benchmark with all the sites, also some of my benchmarks.

• Administrator

Anyone else experiencing high ekrn.exe (ESET) CPU usage with Firefox 4? ekrn.exe was using 25% of my CPU (100% of a single core) after I started Firefox 4, and didn't stop even after closing it. Then read some posts on wilders security forums ESET NOD32 section to add this in the ESET exclusions list:

C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\sessionstore*

And that fixed it. :rolleyes:

ESET guys should really fix this problem. :)

Not over here...

Only thing I don't like is that still the fonts seem messed up somehow... ClearType settings I guess.

Edit: for those of you who might also be annoyed by the slight difference in font representation; have a look at this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/anti-aliasing-tuner/

Looking good. I immediately got this addon to get back dedicated stop and reload buttons. :rolleyes:

Any ideas on how to get back the status bar and possibly move the home icon to the left side instead of the far right?

• Administrator

Looking good. I immediately got this addon to get back dedicated stop and reload buttons. :rolleyes:

Any ideas on how to get back the status bar and possibly move the home icon to the left side instead of the far right?

Home icon is in it's original position here.... Just right click a empty space near buttons > customize > drag and drop the home icon anywhere you want. :)

Anyone else experiencing high ekrn.exe (ESET) CPU usage with Firefox 4? ekrn.exe was using 25% of my CPU (100% of a single core) after I started Firefox 4, and didn't stop even after closing it. Then read some posts on wilders security forums ESET NOD32 section to add this in the ESET exclusions list:

No problem here, CPU load seems to be even lower than version 3.x. May be placebo efect but FF4 feels far more responsive.

• Administrator

No problem here, CPU load seems to be even lower than version 3.x. May be placebo efect but FF4 feels far more responsive.

It looks like ESET doesn't like my profiles. Even the above thing was not enough. I had to put whole profiles folder in exceptions. Otherwise, yea, no problems at all. :)

does firefox has the ability to show multiple pages on the frist page... like google chrome?? any addon maybe??

Thanks DKT and Bizarre. Home button is back to where I want it to be and status bar has returned. Just the way I like it. :rolleyes:

I did the update from 3.6 and I don't like the fonts.

Other than that, seems fine :)

nothing wrong with the fonts over here...other than that, only the incompatibility with a few addons

• Administrator

@Everyone: There are two ways to solve this fonts problem.

1. Use the addon shought has posted here to tweak the cleartype.
  2. OR Disable Hardware Acceleration and restart Firefox.

To disable Hardware Acceleration you don't need to go to about:config. Just go into the Firefox options > Advanced > General > Browsing > Uncheck "Use Hardware Acceleration when available". Restart Firefox. :)

@Everyone: There are two ways to solve this fonts problem.

1. Use the addon shought has posted here to tweak the cleartype.
  2. OR Disable Hardware Acceleration and restart Firefox.

To disable Hardware Acceleration you don't need to go to about:config. Just go into the Firefox options > Advanced > General > Browsing > Uncheck "Use Hardware Acceleration when available". Restart Firefox. :)

Neither solution worked for me.

With that addon I've noticed some changes (it's worse) , but I can't make it to look as before in 3.6

I'll look into that problem later.

task manager shows me 6 plugin-container.exe`s opened. no flash running, just nsaneforums...

Roboform 6.10.2 ain't working with Fx 4.0 I think. Upgrading to 7.2.6 fixed it. Guess I'll pay for an upgrade of it then. Some sites pages appears strange on one machine running Fx 4.0 and just fine on another. Do we have a dedicated Firefox 4.0 topic in the forums? We should have (since I need help :) )

Okay ... I solved it :)

about:config

"gfx.direct2d.disabled” set to true

Awesome ;)

Well, that's the same issue I have. Damn fonts look terrible with hardware acceleration. And, I had to do the same because of fonts, but we are now without acceleration, which improves speed of Firefox a lot, according to benchmarks. And I'm pretty sure this is issue with Firefox, not Windows, since IE9 looks fine.

Cheers ;)

Okay ... I solved it :)

about:config

"gfx.direct2d.disabled” set to true

Awesome ;)

Well, that's the same issue I have. Damn fonts look terrible with hardware acceleration. And, I had to do the same because of fonts, but we are now without acceleration, which improves speed of Firefox a lot, according to benchmarks. And I'm pretty sure this is issue with Firefox, not Windows, since IE9 looks fine.

Cheers ;)

Yeah, IE9 fonts looking great out of the box.

btw I have hardware acceleration turned ON , you think that above setting changes that anyway , even if hardware acceleration is checked and turned ON ?

When I found that "tweak" at some blog , they said that trick works only if hardware accelerations is ON , I didn't turned it OFF to test will it work anyway.

Thanks for the info, here Eset uses a lot CPU too when Firefox is open

Archived