Post your Windows 7 Experience Index Rating

BoxingChaos

• Replies 31
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's mine and this pc is about 2 to 3 years old now

CPU states 2.4Ghz but that is stock it is overclocked to 3.35Ghz (39/40%) and the cpu fsb is as well and memory bus matches it so the dram to fsb ratio is 1:1

CPU Clock: 3348.0 MHz (original: 2400 MHz, overclock: 39%)

CPU Multiplier: 9x

CPU FSB: 372.0 MHz (original: 266 MHz, overclock: 40%)

Memory Bus: 372.0 MHz

DRAM:FSB Ratio: 1:1

ors8t1.png

• Administrator

i5-750 2.66GHz, Turbo upto 2.8GHz.

2GB DDR3 RAM.

ATI 5450

y5ZQW.png

Old system, C2D, HD4850, Kington value RAM bla bla. CPU is 3.16 GHz, not 2.53, a modest OC that allows me to stay at a very low voltage and use Speedstep. Obviously the HDD kills the score, you will see lots of 5.9 ;)

post-2350-0-51344900-1299095629_thumb.pn

I'm liking the difference between systems so far just was curious what software you guys are using if any to show that extra information :)

Here is mine (attached).

@BoxingChaos

Man, why the hell you have 32-bit Windows installed??? You are wasting 4 GB of RAM! :blink: :blink: :blink:

@ Hottwire

Which cooler do you have? That's impressive overclock. As you can see I have 2.2 GHz CPU. I overclocked it to 2.6 GHz with stock cooler. Temperature is better then I expected. I'm thinking of pushing it more, but I don't think that cooler can handle it.

@ DKT27

That gpu is really a bottleneck. I have the same issue with CPU.

Cheers ;)

post-10441-0-52554100-1299096038_thumb.p

It's there, just look for a link to detailed info :)

ahh never looked for it before :P lol got it heres my updated one :)

289m107.png

@mara - i agree with your statement to boxingchaos

and my cooler , well ill have to find out now, but i do have it on full speed for that sort of overclock

• Administrator

@mara-: I know. :P

ANW, you should buy the Cooler Master Cooler TX3 that I bought recently. It's great. ^_^

@mara-: I know. :P

ANW, you should buy the Cooler Master Cooler TX3 that I bought recently. It's great. ^_^

arctic cooler freezer 7 pro is the cooler i have :) it has a control switch that you can put in a spare pci gap in the case. But the fan DKT27 said looks pretty good :)

@Hottwire: Same fan here. But at this freezing ambients, it's almost always below 1000 RPM. You obviously have the venerable Q6600, nice OC, especially on a weak cooler.

It's interesting how the GTX260 is ranked below my HD4850... which is obviously false, the HD4850 has 1 or 2 odd games where it offers the same FPS, as the 260 is head to head with the HD4870.

@Hottwire: Same fan here. But at this freezing ambients, it's almost always below 1000 RPM. You obviously have the venerable Q6600, nice OC, especially on a weak cooler.

It's interesting how the GTX260 is ranked below my HD4850... which is obviously false, the HD4850 has 1 or 2 odd games where it offers the same FPS, as the 260 is head to head with the HD4870.

Yeah my fan speed is always

CPU: 1795 RPM

and the temperature is normally (when pretty idle)

CPU: 44 °C (111 °F)

CPU #1 / Core #1 : 51 °C (124 °F)

CPU #1 / Core #2: 51 °C (124 °F)

CPU #1 / Core #3: 47 °C (117 °F)

CPU #1 / Core #4: 45 °C (113 °F)

It may well be the fact that windows doesn't pick the correct stats up for the GTX 260 as shown below

Graphics Processor Properties

Video Adapter: BFG GeForce GTX 260

GPU Code Name: GT200b (PCI Express 2.0 x16 10DE / 05E2, Rev B1)

GPU Clock (Geometric Domain): 301 MHz (original: 590 MHz)

GPU Clock (Shader Domain): 602 MHz (original: 1296 MHz)

Memory Clock: 100 MHz (original: 999 MHz)

But clearly i haven't overclocked it (not yet anyway) and i certainly didn't underclock it, so something is reading it wrong.

Oh, that's just because your videocard is using the powersaving mode... no problem. It will be at max speeds during the testing ;)

Oh, that's just because your videocard is using the powersaving mode... no problem. It will be at max speeds during the testing ;)

Yeah i gathered that, I just wonder if Microsoft adjusted the Experience Index to account for this or not.

@DKT27

Is it loud? Did you try to overclock and how much? How are the temperatures? Did you change your stock cooler with it and can you compare some temperatures? Is cooler to big? My case is small (Micro-ATX).

@Hottwire

Thanks for the info.

Cheers ;)

Yeah i gathered that, I just wonder if Microsoft adjusted the Experience Index to account for this or not.

Most certainly. You can re-run the tests in parallel with GPU-Z or AIDA64 and look how your GPU will jump to 100% when the graphic tests are run.

Most certainly. You can re-run the tests in parallel with GPU-Z or AIDA64 and look how your GPU will jump to 100% when the graphic tests are run.

Cheers saw it now, thats better :D

• Administrator

@mara-: It's far more silent than the boxed i5 fan. In the temperatures here in Mumbai where the temp in whole winter has not dropped below 24C. My CPU was running at 30C (totally idle and speed-step on) with this new Cooler. As per the temps shown in BIOS, it's 15C more cooler than the normal Intel fan gave. It's not that big. But I don't know if it can fit in Micro-ATX. I guess it will, but will hit the case side walls I guess.

As per all the benchmarks I saw online, Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro and Cooler Master TX3 have almost identical temperatures, with Cooler Master TX3 having a facility of adding another fan. :)

BoxingChaos

Here is mine (attached).

@BoxingChaos

Man, why the hell you have 32-bit Windows installed??? You are wasting 4 GB of RAM! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Cheers ;)

I went with 64 bit and did not feel a difference. From what I understand, windows can't even handle the load because it was never meant for 64 bit and I was told that it was like trying to squeeze a watermelon through a garden hose.

But, I do a lot of video editing and I should have got a quad core but I have had this computer for about two years so an upgrade is coming ;) along with a stronger graphics card.

Here is mine (attached).

@BoxingChaos

Cheers ;)

I went with 64 bit and did not feel a difference. From what I understand, windows can't even handle the load because it was never meant for 64 bit and I was told that it was like trying to squeeze a watermelon through a garden hose.

But, I do a lot of video editing and I should have got a quad core but I have had this computer for about two years so an upgrade is coming ;) along with a stronger graphics card.

When you do you will have to show us a new Windows Experience Index Rating :) Good hunting for the deals and tech you need when you do go shopping :)

• Administrator

@BoxingChaos: That's totally false. In no way it isn't developed for 64bit. In addition of the ability to address more than 3.3GB of RAM, it has better security (build-in, not visible), and is more advanced (from backend) as being newer generation than of 32bit. All the 32bit softwares will run in 64bit OS (with drivers and security softwares being an exception, but even 64bit versions are available for them). And last, I've never ran into a single software or a game that hasn't been able to run on 64bit.

Who told you that does not have a clue what he is talking about. Why did you buy 8 GB if you are not going to use it? You would have a great benefit with superfetch on 64-bit Windows. If I were you, I would either install 64-bit Windows or sell those 4gb of RAM.

Cheers ;)

BoxingChaos

Who told you that does not have a clue what he is talking about. Why did you buy 8 GB if you are not going to use it? You would have a great benefit with superfetch on 64-bit Windows. If I were you, I would either install 64-bit Windows or sell those 4gb of RAM.

Cheers ;)

When I upgrade my graphics card, I will switch over to the 64 bit OS. At the moment, I have the NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT. Can you recommend a better graphics card for a reasonable price?

Archived