Windows 7 SP1 Goes Live

nsane.forums

Well mine obviously were installed and I have found the files for them as well.. but for whatever reason.. If they were not installed Windows 7 would work properly.. like now.. and they come as part of the OS installation.. YET they cannt be restored to operative function... I scanned the registry to see if there were any dead entries that need filling but there isn't anything except rdvgkmd.sys in System32/Drivers... and that all I see...

What are the directory for files pointing to?

• Replies 40
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well mine obviously were installed and I have found the files for them as well.. but for whatever reason..

What are the directory for files pointing to?

If you are about frameworks- they are not like apps- they modify load of files/directories and lastly all in sys32

Yeah that I know.. reread I had an edit.. this ha got something to do with clearing out those files.. If you mess these up in Vista or 7 you have problems because there is only one way to repair them as I have found online.. and you cannot install them.. You have to do a fresh install..Think I am about to explode I have been behind this thing since 10 AM and still no go..

dude- go to add/remove programs also disable auto-update

uninstall all .net frameworks; restart PC; download all stand alone .net packages; install the all in correct order- use to have few issues in the past, but it is only most reliable way.

also, find DX latest build- should iron out those probs for ya

Would sound too good to be true and is.. They will not allow themselves to be installed.. Been there and done that.. say they are already are apart of the OS..

Yes.. in fact I installed it.. BUT it is not version 2.0.507something mscorwks.dll which is being asked for or is stated as the source of the fault when I try to run a program.. AND what they have done is included up to 3.5.1 SP1 in the installation.. all previous versions back to 1.1 are included to have the 1.1 and 1.0 you have to install those manually .. which I have done also..

"blind suggestion"- after uninstalled all- run CCleaner or other registry cleaner; restart PC and enable updates... restart again and see if updates themself would come up. Else use sledge hammer and post us pics!

Well.. you can't uninstall 3.5.1 SP1. Like I said you have no choice in the matter.. The first time this happened to me I was trying to upgrade Windows Powershell in Vista SP2 and ran into the problem.. killed Vista.....and well you probably can guess what happened then.. absolutely ignorant of MS to overlook this area for a means of repair..

There are some fixes for that- I am sure and be patient with it (restarting number of times and speed off) but I had problems with them in the past. Cut long story short- error codes- google or Bing= no need for sledge

http://www.vistahead...tes-errors.html

1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]

Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop

(Stopping the service will take a moment)

2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:

Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]

Open the Download folder and delete its contents

Close the window.

3. Go to Windows Update website | Select CUSTOM and allow the scan to

complete | Uncheck/deselect KB963707 & KB951847 then hide them ("Don't show

me this update again").

4. Start the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]

Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start

(Starting the service will take a moment)

--

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002

www.banthecheck.com

http://support.micro...kb/923100/en-gb

also

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx

This software says I have the latest .net:

1JjaS.png

And I checked the MSI.dll (Windows Installer) file in System32 and even that's saying 5.x version.

gimme gimme gimme link :D

• Administrator

This software says I have the latest .net:

And I checked the MSI.dll (Windows Installer) file in System32 and even that's saying 5.x version.

gimme gimme gimme link :D

http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html :)

Download

Note: Portable. Doesn't need installation.

Guess what.. it shows that my system has them all.. now what? I am trying to restore WINSXS folders and files from a Backup I did around 12.2010.. without over writing and see if it helps.. or if I will need to find a way to get it out of my laptop somehow.. It has decided to be stupid once more with the USB..

Archived