What is your ISP speed

Atasas

• Administrator

Posted Image

I too will not post my speed ... I don't wanna cry in here :( ....

:whistle:

Of course you can have my upload speed as your download one... just pay for it :P

• Replies 178
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lite :moon: .... how much do you pay for that "god mode" speed?

• Administrator

lite :moon: .... how much do you pay for that "god mode" speed?

€0 = $0 = £0

Yup thats right... nothing :P (The joys of cashback :wub: )

(its supposed to be like €40/month)

• Administrator

Posted Image

I could beat that (200/10) - but it would be so damn expensive :(
So could I :P .

I could double my speed for not too much more than i should be paying. It is pretty pointless though. Most of the time you are server limited anyway when you get to this speed (i.e. the server you are downloading from doesn't have enough bandwidth available for you to max out your connection).

I got something for you... removed the router...

I'll come back with some other locations, don't expect such speed though from external.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

So the lesson for me is, stay in Europe and you'll do just fine...

407... Dude :P

That's 50 MB/s, that's a 4 GB HD movie in 80 seconds (assuming that your HD can keep up, which it probably can't :P).

Yeah the HDD fails... I tested it on some torrents on Filelist where there's peers galore, it goes to 20-25 MB with 30 MB spikes... but that's obviously only with other guys with good RDS connections. The usual speed seems to be like 10 MB.

By the way, it uploads with the same crazy speed if it finds RDS peers.

@toyo ... man that's a helluva god mode connection ... would you allow me to proxy in your box :lol:

You want to download through me?!? lol...

I have one more, and with this I won't pester you guys any more... I made a few tweaks...

Posted Image

Maybe this last one and I'm off :P

Posted Image

that's a school ISP right? A home ISP can't deliver that type of speed :think:

Actually, it's a 39 lei (12.4 USD or 9.17 Euro) per month home connection. The ISP has only 2 offers for optic cable (FTTB), 50 MB and 100 MB. I remember starting at 128 or 256 KB connection a few years ago, then the ISP just modernized its infrastructure slowly until it reached 100 MB. I had a 9 USD connection back then, but since it's only 4 USD or what the difference between 50 MB and 100 MB, I went for the fastest.

The vast majority of Romanian peers who had the brains to choose RDS and live in urban areas have the 50 MB connection. It's more than enough.

with that kind of speed ... man you guys got a very good deal! I wish I'm in Romania now :lol:

• Administrator

with that kind of speed ... man you guys got a very good deal! I wish I'm in Romania now :lol:

+1

Infact. I've already started packing my bags. :P

But shhhh. Don't let them know that they are not overcharging. :D

Let me tell you a secret: I searched hard in my mind, and the Internet speed is like the only thing I know to be working OK in Romania. Everything else is very, very messed up, and I'm not exaggerating.

Also, I'm curious how Marik's connection does, it should be faster than mine when tested against the capital if he has the same plan as me.

@nivrid: aren't ovh supposed to offer good connections?

@nivrid: aren't ovh supposed to offer good connections?

It should if I'm actually paying for it, I'm using it as a free VPN and I am not from Europe :lol:

• Administrator

@toyo: India is also a pretty messed up country. But even the internet connection is bad. :P Now because of all the mobile broadband usage, 2G scams, 3G scams, telecom scams, and what not, I don't think they are going to concentrate on landline broadband. But yea, keep on wishing the budget this year would help. -_-

Marik's connection is 15MB/s dl. I'm sure he would have been the first person to post about it if he was here. :D

You should keep in mind that a typical salary in Romania (let's say for graphical designer/DTP or sound designer like me) is only 600 USD-ish. And the food, clothing and other day to day commodities etc are priced like in the West - immensely expensive for us!!!

The dudes living in Western, developed countries should start a social movement or something for better Internet. Somebody said your countries already have the (old) infra structure. Then improve! The companies here also started from 100 KB lines and dial up.

If these guys from RDS did not came out of nowhere with their cheap/fast plans, we would be in the same zone in Romania, as some ISPs only offered better net as a direct response to RDS aggressive policy.

• 3 weeks later...

Bad news. RDS, my local ISP, will most probably buy the only other serious competitor, UPC. This of course smells very bad of monopoly... Hopefully a commission will not approve the "merger". Until that, here are some improved scores, I saw that "A+" is the best so I had to get one :) I highly suspect the mofos at the test server of capping me at 50 mbps upload (I can upload at speeds of up to 20 MB/s), but what can I do...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

i`m payin the same amount of money as toyo but different provider...(FastLink)

Don't know if this is great or not, but here it is!post-35863-0-28941900-1299529464_thumb.j

Archived