nsane.down v2.1.5 Launched

shought

Well, I just really wanted to keep the site white listed, if possible, since that is really the only way small way I presently can "help" nsane.down back for all the enjoyment, info, updates, and convenience I get from the site. So that's why I spoke up about it. Glad I did, since it resulted in the problem being solved and now I can resume doing my part to help nsane.

No problem :)

Our aim is obviously to make our site accessible to everyone, without changing it for the others. I didn't know so many people were using a setting like this.

(I mean this is two people from a sample of what, maybe 200 (who visit our frontpage, noticed the bug, wanted to say something about it, got to our forums and did)? That's 1%, so quite a lot.)

I hope Firefox will update or remove this feature in future versions, as it is in no way the browser's job to 'mess with' the accessibility of websites. Web designers are responsible for the accessibility of their applications, and although I do admit that the browsers should not 'obstruct' this in any way and should actually 'facilitate' accessibility (in allowing for a certain standard) I do think that they should not 'interfere' like this.

*End Speech* :P

• Replies 32
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a FYI (for all of you :D):

We've updated the forums with this 'new' ad loading technique as well; the content (categories and forums) loads before the ads.

These changes to where the ads are located in the code might not seem breathtaking for those of you on fast connections (in fact they're barely noticeable), but for the slower connections this should certainly reduce the time to load the actual content.

In short: nothing's stopping you from whitelisting the forums in your AdBlocker as well :rolleyes:

@harpua

I've edited your post, just check it out, you'll see what I changed :P

I'm glad you spoke up as well, there's no way for me to test all possible scenarios for viewing our website, so we, in the end, have to rely on our users to notify us about any issues. (I only 'proof' the site in the latest (non-Beta) versions of the most commonly used browsers; Firefox, IE, Chrome and Opera (IE7, and even IE6, are supported with some minor loss of functionality; still 10% of the internet users uses IE7).)

So any suggestions: keep them coming! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived