• Linux Kernel 2.6.36
    • Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
    • Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
    • Ubuntu

• Replies 47
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Vista because I've been using it for a while now, and I haven't had any problem's with drivers (except upgrading the DVD burner had to get a XP for that) and its so nice looking (I tweaked it ALOT, a reason why i don't want to change to Linux).

I voted at Windows XP, because it still the best version of Windows (stable,quite fast,lot of support)

and i also voted at Linux, because you can tweak it to the limit, free, free programs,fast,virusfree,etc ;)

I voted at Windows XP, because it still the best version of Windows (stable,quite fast,lot of support)

and i also voted at Linux, because you can tweak it to the limit, free, free programs,fast,virusfree,etc ;)

Can you vote for two (if I would know how i would have voted Linux too ofc)? (my friend showed me a Linux that is designed to be the same as windows, drivers etc (its not free)(don't remeber the name but if your intrested google could help you)

In my experience XP is not stable and still there's bugs in it, ie: my bro get some temp file when he tries to watch a movie and he hasn't got any help. some newer games (maybe) soon only works with vista, I've already seen one, but I don't remeber what it was called...

Windows XP and Vista.

XP bcoz I have spent a large part my computer days on it.

Vista bcoz used it since its beta releases and the stable version seem to be really stable.

Never used any Mac products.

have used Linux but always return back to XP in no time...

"In my experience XP is not stable and still there's bugs in it,"

Yeah, but Vista is really more buggy then XP.

De system requirements in Vista are also to high

I ran Vista in Oktober (i think), beta 1 and in December the stableversion, just to see what changed,

in the beta i could install vista with no problems, but in the stable ..... ;)

-sorry for my english, just a kid ;) -

• 2 weeks later...

its not about the best, but rather what works for you and suits your needs. It would all depend on the type of user, thats about it.

• 1 year later...

I prefer Windows XP Pro due to:-

1) User-friendliness

3) Widest compatibility & popularity (any software/fix will always be made with XP in mind)

4) Suitability (doesn't require any minimum level of computer configuration)

5) Reasonable speed

That said, I've tried out all the others except Linux.

• 2 weeks later...
I prefer Windows XP Pro due to:-

1) User-friendliness

3) Widest compatibility & popularity (any software/fix will always be made with XP in mind)

4) Suitability (doesn't require any minimum level of computer configuration)

5) Reasonable speed

That said, I've tried out all the others except Linux.

Well in Linux Ubuntu is most stable flavor i have used so far.I hope Windows 7 rockkkk. :P :dance2: :dance2:

Absolutely, look forward to something light, brisk & compatible like XP with looks along the lines of Vista (minus UAC.) Initial beta results of Windows 7 do seem encouraging.

Absolutely, look forward to something light, brisk & compatible like XP with looks along the lines of Vista (minus UAC.) Initial beta results of Windows 7 do seem encouraging.

That's good to hear.

• 1 year later...

I'd say XP and Win7...btw, this poll needs some editing...brb

for me windows xp home edition sevrice pack 3 it`s the best. i know it well and know what to do with it. i never installed on my pc vista or 7. probably i will give up on it when windows 8 will be out. ;)

• Administrator

Windows 7. Undoubtedly. Some think that Windows 7 is like Vista. But no it isn't. It's the best thing M$ has ever made. It's like beauty + brains. And guess what, you can also run it on a 1GB Ram computer running an Atom processor.

Windows Se7en = (Speed of XP + aesthetics of Vista)

It's Windows Se7en that has really ushered in compatibility with (x64 bits) Last week, I installed the Ultimate flavor on a 512 MB RAM - BTW, I'm myself running Windows Se7en satisfactorily on a 1 GB RAM right through beta days.

(I suppose most members have yet to vote on this poll.)

Archived