NOD32 Version 2.7

tipo

i wanted a new fix for nod32 v2.7.39. i was told that using nod32 v2 was cyber-suicide and that i should upgrade to version 4. DCS18 suggested that i should start a new topic. so i did..i want to know what is your opinion on nod32 v2.7? is it so bad that it couldn`t be used anymore? are there others who use the 2nd version and why. would you like a new fix for it? discussions are opened!

thanks to dcs18

here is the nod32 v2.70.39 installer (standard edition)

Site: http://www.multiupload.com

Code: /HVA4LX7D28

special thanks to PurplebeanZ

here is the fix

Site: http://www.mediafire.com

Code: ?n6kqmdtul9xlo59

if first link doesn`t work, try this one:

Site: http://www.mediafire.com

Code:/?4r8fue4ferdfawm

Site: http://www.multiupload.com

Code: /SH1XDDKCRK

thanks to soldierx

nsane fix v2.2

Site: http://www.mediafire.com/

Code: ?bcspp41pi19uvly

how to install:

1. install nod32

2. do not restart

3. install fix

4. restart

5. enjoy

VirusTotal

thanks to purplebeanz we have some special effects :

also for anyone who wants to remove the trial days remaining text, replace your nod32krn.exe with this one -

Site: http://www.mediafire.com/

Sharecode[?] : ?2itrippbmkakeke

you have to do it in safe mode, or you won't have access

• Replies 158
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Version 2 detection is not that of what it is with version 4. in other words the program itself doesn't do what it has to .. to get adequate protection, as an AV... Technically for most threats out there that you want to watch fo,r you might as well uninstall it or set it up to only do On-Demand scans.. because your simply not going to get what you need out of it..

Some will install it because it was the first with the smallest footprint around..and almost the best of its time... so older systems and XP users, NT users.. ( even VM's - which should be protected anyway ) may have it installed on older machines to help with the overload a regular AV will bring to lower numbers on hardware.. Some stick with this version because it is just something they have used and they don't deal well mentally with change.. AND just because you see it up and shared doesn't mean it being used all the time.. by everyone.. and not everyone is on the upgrade bandwagon...

When ver 2 was current.. it was on top of the market.. with the smallest footprint or lowest CPU Resource usage... and protected systems quite well... Then we seen ver 3 at first I think experimental.. in detection and adding new features and better protection which has upgraded over time.. and version 4 which is similar but seems to be a great improvement in my opinion.

Ver 4 is current.. it is always being updated and maintained... while previous versions and there problems or issues will not be and it is end of cycle for them.. Not to mention the current version is best at implementing the needed tools to be safe and remain that way today.. not in the late 90's and 00's as the previous versions were.. ( or when/e )

The Trial Reset I remember was made of two files.. and had no issues..so really going back to snaz it up may not be entirely a waste of time.. but may be unnecessary.. in fact I think I may have a copy of it in archive... ( I know I do I have to.. )..LOL

thanks for replying heath. really helpful indeed. let`s just wait for other members to post and draw the conclusions.

I have given tipo the information on how to fix the trial period on v2. If there is interest in this, then I'm sure tipo or myself can create a proper fix.

Bear in mind that new viruses like conficker, altough detected will not be stopped and will eat 2.7 for breakfast - I have been witness to this.

thanks dcs! :) let`s just hope purplebeanz is reading this..ofcourse box/ mara are welcomed to fix this app. it would be great if another fix will come arround. purplebeanz provided me a way to fix v2. i can`t post it here because it`s his fix. only he could post that method. for a beginner it can be difficult to fix it. maybe purplebeanz could pack that up into an .exe. lets just hope and wait. :)

thanks for replying purplebeanz. as i said in the 7th post i can`t post your method. only you can.

I found a version 2.2 ( nsane.productions )that I used for years.. and a 3.0 Beta that I really don't remember where it came from or when it got there... but file data states November 11,2010.. No signature on the file like 2.2... so no clue.. but thats what I have in archive... not even for sure what 3.0 does exactly..

Bear in mind that new viruses like conficker, altough detected will not be stopped and will eat 2.7 for breakfast - I have been witness to this.

When the 'Conficker' outbreak had taken place, I was running V2 and was amongst the first to report it (detected it at my work-place - on the network.) Glad to report that my V2 treated 'Conficker' like roasted Confetti - 'twas a tasty breakfast. :D

Moral:-

Depends on how it's configured. 8)

Yeah that truly is a big deal with ESET Products all round... Especially when you get into the Smart Security versions.. But I have to have settings.. LOL

I found a version 2.2 ( nsane.productions )that I used for years.. and a 3.0 Beta that I really don't remember where it came from or when it got there... but file data states November 11,2010.. No signature on the file like 2.2... so no clue.. but thats what I have in archive... not even for sure what 3.0 does exactly..

I'm not 100% sure but I believe 3.0 was a work in progress for ESET v3 (or 2.7, not sure). It was never finished.

Its interesting to say the least.. I would remember it... especially being in November.. when I out it in or where I got it.. it i n the ver.2 so I do know its for version 2.7..

Used 2.7 before...and found it good.

Why not?..can install it in my P4, Windows 7 Ultimate x86.

Provided I can find where I've put the 2.7 version, or maybe someone can upload it?

I have to agree v2.7 is the fastest and least resource hungry. V4 is currently known or reported to SLOW down computers. Therefore V4 does not run lighter, the resource usage is huge when compared to 2.7.

Few differences:

The detection capability of v4 is better.

The Advanced Heuristics is same for v2/v3/v4.

The detection capability of v2 is weaker due to different engines but faster. :think:

Anyway I say yes also for v2 fix ...whynot ..;)

I'll put something together today :)

Provided I can find where I've put the 2.7 version, or maybe someone can upload it?

you can find the older version of nod32 at filehippo.com

@ dcs18 - DONE! :P

thanks for the link!

@ purplebeanz

I'll put something together today :)

that would be great!

another thing:

is there any way to import/export settings in v2? i know it can be done in v3 and v4 but how about in v2? perhaps something like a registry key containing all and best settings for v2...

:)))))

not like that..

i mean a registry key that you can double-click and all and perfect settings are entered in nod32 config.

you can find the older version of nod32 at filehippo.com

Thanks...got it from h33t

Archived