How to disable Ad-blockers (on your favorite sites)

DKT27

• 2 months later...

Is it just advertisement or are there occasional backdoors, etc? Also, whitelisting enables tracking on nsaneforums.com, is it ok to disable trackers and still have the ads work?

Lastly, I thought Norton is a bad antivirus so why is it being advertised? Do youy have no choice over the ads?

1. It used to be so, that all sorts of tricks (sometimes including 'ads') were used to hustle/infect people - especially (if not exclusively) on the Micro$oft Internet Exploder. Today, this is rarely the case, although it's (still) possible.
  2. It should be safe to disable Adblock Plus on nsaneforums.com/ and it's needed, from what I gather!.. :)
  3. IMO Norton is among the best, top-of-the-top; & for many years past. There are LOADS of people that will (happily) disagree with this, but with a little bit of (necessary!) tweaking, NAV is pretty awesome. (disabling the annoying - auto - scans and all that; perhaps disabling a lot of the online components, etc.)

I did it, and my AV ESS found the adds are dangerous an with viruses.

Yeah, might help if you were to present the screenshots - to the warnings. (Because 99% you are reading something wrong..;))

Edited by nimd4

• 1 month later...

Excuse the double-post, pls, but: my Adblock Plus is disabled, yet the message is still there (attached screenshot):

We are funded solely by unobtrusive ads, so please whitelist our domain in your AdBlocker. How? Find out here.

:(

Edit: OIC, it's just HTML, that's why...

P.S. Well, technically; it's CSS,HTML:

<div class="AdsTest">

post-51307-0-93168900-1408507478_thumb.p

Edited by nimd4

1. It should be safe to disable Adblock Plus on nsaneforums.com/ and it's needed, from what I gather!.. :)

Nope it is not needed. ;)

Excuse the double-post, pls, but: my Adblock Plus is disabled, yet the message is still there (attached screenshot):

We are funded solely by unobtrusive ads, so please whitelist our domain in your AdBlocker. How? Find out here.

That message is supposed to remain - regard of whether your Adblock Plus is disabled or enabled.

That message is supposed to remain - regard of whether your Adblock Plus is disabled or enabled.

@nimd4

I see u have been member for long enuff then u must have also seen this :

A light little add-on like Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus can make a helluva difference in looks, page-loading speed and security (against malware) when teamed up with Adblock Plus (even if loaded with just a single filter subscription such as EasyList.)

The amazing difference in looks when a website can be stripped down is demonstrated with test comparatives at the two topmost :pirate: sites (notorious for their extreme advertisements) at the download link below, illustrated as before and after use of the two above-mentioned add-ons:

Download:

http://goo.gl/RzZkyw (Please exercise discretion while opening these documents in front of others.)

Thanx to @dcs18's signature ( :notworthy: ) i have felt the difference :yes: :cheers:

See the below screenshots(as a guest wud see them from my PC), no shought msg, no IPS box, no ads nothing, nSane.forums as it should be ;)

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by rkkdjb

• Administrator

Edit: OIC, it's just HTML, that's why...

P.S. Well, technically; it's CSS,HTML:

<div class="AdsTest">

Check rach's post.

1. It should be safe to disable Adblock Plus on nsaneforums.com/ and it's needed, from what I gather!.. :)

Nope it is not needed. ;)

Incorrect.

The message should not be visible if one has allowed the ads.

@nimd4 it looks like that you use noscript which could also possibly block infolinks ads :)

@nimd4: Check this.

The problem with NoScript is that since I had made the tutorial, NoScript had an major upgrade, in which, it became next to impossible to whitelist ads on a site when the ads are from external links, that is, most of the ads on the internet. I did find the method to do it, however, one, while I will have look into it again, I am yet to update the tutorial with it and two it will be very hard for a common user to do it.

The easiest method to do this would be to add:

infolinks.com

To the NoScript whitelist. This method should also work for Ad Muncher, incase the mentioned method in the tutorial is not working. However, whitelisting infolinks.com will mean that all the websites showing infolinks.com ads will probably show as well. However, not many websites use infolinks so you will not see that many ads.

Incorrect.

Incorrect - it depends on other factors.

The message is not visible - check out the following figure where I have not allowed the ads:--

LmEcZgm.png

• Administrator

Incorrect.

The message is not visible - check out the following figure where I have not allowed the ads:--

That's not what I am saying.

What I am saying is the message should not be visible if one has allowed ads.

Incorrect.

That's not what I am saying.

What I am saying is the message should not be visible if one has allowed ads.

Ideally speaking, yes - however, it is not without exceptions (as per the testimonial at post # 106.) Maybe the staff should look into the matter - it pissed me enough to be rid of it comprehensively.

• Administrator

Happens to due to many reasons. Mostly if one is using some additional method that blocks ads. NoScript, multiple ad blockers, AVs, firewalls, modified hosts files, parental blocking, DNS servers, all of them can cause this. While the staff can investigate, in most cases it should be from the user's side.

Happened with me as well in a clean Google chrome where i didn't have any extension/adblockers. Absolutely Virgin pure :P

Showed me the same msg : We are funded solely by unobtrusive ads, so please whitelist our domain in your AdBlocker. How? Find out here.

So yeah needs a look. :medic:

I think the page seems much more attractive and practical with far more coverage in site real estate - as depicted by our screenshots on, our configurations (maybe the Board could do with a change of looks.) yXZVmpE.gif

I think the page seems much more attractive and practical with far more coverage in site real estate - as depicted by our screenshots on, our configurations (maybe the Board could do with a change of looks.) yXZVmpE.gif

Also the 'executive theme' is buggy :fear: , it needs a look too. :yes:

But staff already knows that, i guess :P

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

infolinks make forum page just keep on loading, so I will continue blocking in adblocker.

Try clearing your cache. When you load the site after doing it, make sure you are not downloading or uploading something at that time.

how to apply this with uBlock?

See this.

• 2 months later...

Just white-listed the both nsanes to help a little as I can't donate for now

I think the topic should be updated to include Adguard for Windows and its extension/Addon too

Exception rule for Chromium AdBlock

@@||infolinks.com^$third-party,domain=nsaneforums.com@@||infolinks.com^$third-party,domain=nsanedown.com

xBe8ybz.png

Hi all!

How to disable adblock in Adguard for win in site?

For Adguard for Windows

2a06084545.png

3f942cd065.png

866f5b9b85.png

For Adguard extension

Right click on Adguard icon you'll find how just like below

9c28ac8740.png

Edited by mazigh

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A rather good tutorial, well done.

Hehe,

*btw., followed up and Liked / Thanked on the replies, thanks guys!.. :)

(Yes, the ones from last year; 1010)