Anti Virus Needed?

AshTheGamer

• Replies 32
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

I am currently running Windows 7, I like my fast internet speeds from when I had an Anti Virus "Kaspersky 2010" I am wondering do I really need one or want one is there any other sort of software I can have that wont slow down my browsing etc...

Many Thanks,

dude i like to add only one line if you having situation using the pen drive or dvd or cd to share information from your pc to other or vice versa. i am really glad to say welcome to the party now a days virus is distribute through this becoz i have one rooykit in my pen drive size 4gb. consequence iof having rootkit in pendrive i can't use it use it says write protected and i can't copy or write any data to it simply waste of my money and product becoz of this simple virus, every antiwhatever in this world i call imagine detecting it but nothing removing it. very very problematic things happening so take layer of approach and use some common sense when downloading and executing the files from internet nowadays no body give any assurance about even legitimate software it is affected by unkown malware. so this is my opinion not advice if you want take it or leaving it upto you. bye bye.

ps: i am using win7 when the pendrive got infected i am running only windows built in firewall with windows defender(this defender really useless) when come to detecting malware.take care becoz now infection is very serious if you sre expert in windows like me you never now what is running in your pc even fully updated os + antivirus+antispware+antimalware also not protecting my pc. if you do not believe me see the nod32 antivirus section in wilderssecurity forum you can what i mean.

PS: Does anyone has tested the "gamer" versions of Norton family ????

i can`t seem to find it anymore on their site. all the links lead to norton antivirus...

The 'Gamer' edition was one the lightest ant-virus I ever tested (the lightest is the V2 series from ESET) and, yes - have heard no more about it.

:dance2: found it. here it is Norton Antivirus Gaming Edition

but which trial reset will work with this? does anyone have it?

NIS 2011 here! Its fast and only use about 8 MB in background! Very good solution for home use!

how do you handling the sonar part becoz i want to know there is any setting for exclusion files and folder or any way to create trusted file and folder option please let me know it becoz i want to try and i am afraid of that damn sonar deleting every thing without user intention or warning i hate this. thats why i am asking you the suggestion. :rolleyes:

Archived