CD/DVD Drive Not reading correctly

Sonar

no catch that i can see - as far as i can work out i gotta open it up to change drive.

Since you mentioned 'Satellite' on your first post, I'm guessing it's got to be a Toshiba - you were right that it cannot be extricated vs from an IBM.

You seem to have done all your troubleshooting quite well, which is why I suspect a minor hardware issue rather than a software one. Guess you'd have to extricate your DVD drive the garage way - if you're game for it, check the following link:-

http://repair4laptop.org/contrib/toshiba_satellite_l40/toshiba_satellite_l40_take_apart_guide.html

ok i can click eject from computer management - but it says "the eject command could not be completed"

That can sometimes turn counter-productive from the 'Computer Management' console. :(

ok 1 thing i didnt do was to check another disc.

there are 2 discs for the game im trying to install.

the bonus CD with videos.. and stuff on works, i can see all the audio/vid stuff. the bonus disc is a dvd disc.

this game was previously installed (but i uninstalled the game "fool i know" lol...

Edit

toshiba yup - as said in first post :D lol

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hehe: No wonder everything seemed quite OK from your screenshots and from your software end, too - hope all is fine and back to normal :lol:

the bonus disc works (i can see all the data on there)

but

the main game disc isnt working.

I have 2 copys of the game and both discs are the same. so somewhere the drive has currupted for that disc? :s wierd

Archived