Imaging...

elohelomg

• Replies 38
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this with the boot cd, or the actual program?

using boot cd

but i am sure actual program can also do.

Is this with the boot cd, or the actual program?

using boot cd

odd. mine doesn't show up. give me a sec to dottle with it.

i whipped out the disk, but still no universal restore option. it just opens to a complete restore. nothing more

can u give me screenshot

the computer isn't in a virtual machine. or else i would. let me take a picture with my phone and figure something out.

using boot cd

tested

sorry, my phone is F*cked up, and i cant email the picture with my dads phone.

can you upload your boot cd? maybe mine is older or something O.O

This, let me repeat, is for winxp

i have created boot cd using program and it size is 181mb

i have created boot cd using program and it size is 181mb

do you think you can upload it to mediafire, or a torrent or something. the restore that i did failed. now i'm computerless except this linux. and i cant install it on thi linux....

My suggestion... would be to use external media if you have it.. Like an external hard drive.. not discs..for the data..Keep it simple..install the fresh stuff..but only up to w/e version you had before... Install Acronis like you had done.. install the Plus Pack... then setup the Program to install the Boot Time Recovery.. This will add an option to go into Acronis BEFORE your OS does when you boot..hit F11.. and restore from the backup you made... If you are having failures then... Something else is wrong.. and you should attempt to recover your personal files from the backups you have made after the new system has been installed..You will have to reinstall your programs...mods.. so on... then open the Acronis Backup you made as a Virtual Drive and copy the files out of it.. IF you on XP.. then you should not have too much of a problem unless it a Pro version.. is so you may have to take ownership of those files with Admin permission first to be able to access them..I think you got stuck in the loop trying to use the same method.. over and over.. Plus if you tried to make the disc with Trial versions .. your left out in the cold...

To answer the other guys question I don't have it installed and don't know.. But it does need to be updated from last version..

My suggestion... would be to use external media if you have it.. Like an external hard drive.. not discs..for the data..Keep it simple..install the fresh stuff..but only up to w/e version you had before... Install Acronis like you had done.. install the Plus Pack... then setup the Program to install the Boot Time Recovery.. This will add an option to go into Acronis BEFORE your OS does when you boot..hit F11.. and restore from the backup you made... If you are having failures then... Something else is wrong.. and you should attempt to recover your personal files from the backups you have made after the new system has been installed..You will have to reinstall your programs...mods.. so on... then open the Acronis Backup you made as a Virtual Drive and copy the files out of it.. IF you on XP.. then you should not have too much of a problem unless it a Pro version.. is so you may have to take ownership of those files with Admin permission first to be able to access them..I think you got stuck in the loop trying to use the same method.. over and over.. Plus if you tried to make the disc with Trial versions .. your left out in the cold...

To answer the other guys question I don't have it installed and don't know.. But it does need to be updated from last version..

My question is.... if the xp was lets say windows xp home edition, and i put in windows xp professional, would it work?

No... I don't think so.. You have a completely different set of permissions.. and Group Policy.. several things there would and could get in the way Home Editions and Pro Editions are different..as are some Media Center Editions as well.. So yeah it could be a/the problem... That is inhibiting you from doing it..

No... I don't think so.. You have a completely different set of permissions.. and Group Policy.. several things there would and could get in the way Home Editions and Pro Editions are different..as are some Media Center Editions as well.. So yeah it could be a/the problem... That is inhibiting you from doing it..

I have decided to cut my losses, and try to recover the file from within the program. After that, i could care less. THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!

Archived