Imaging...

elohelomg

I just made a complete, full image with acronis, but i seem to have a problem.

Let me begin by saying i am going to BUILD myself a computer and was wondering if i could imagine the old computers stuff on the new computer? Aside from the new drivers being installed, would i have any other problems?

• Replies 38
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF you have the Plus Pack.. Recovering to dis-similar hardware is an option.. so basically you install.. Acronis w/Plus Pack.. and after installing the same OS.. and do a recovery from your backup..

Farstone also offers this option... So essentially there is no issue with drivers or anything else..

IF you have the Plus Pack.. Recovering to dis-similar hardware is an option.. so basically you install.. Acronis w/Plus Pack.. and after installing the same OS.. and do a recovery from your backup..

Farstone also offers this option... So essentially there is no issue with drivers or anything else..

I finally got the plus pack, after doing everything necessary, i get a error some synapman.sys is missing. I've made like 3 cd's, and non of em' work.

I cant seem to find the farstone app so i can at least use that to back up the computer. =/

Farstone Drive Clone.. There are some other versions of it.. Should be searchable.. through several places...

Did you research that driver? To see what it was?

EDIT: I can't find anything on it.. must be specific to Acronis..

IF you have the Plus Pack.. Recovering to dis-similar hardware is an option.. so basically you install.. Acronis w/Plus Pack.. and after installing the same OS.. and do a recovery from your backup..Farstone also offers this option... So essentially there is no issue with drivers or anything else..
I finally got the plus pack, after doing everything necessary, i get a error some synapman.sys is missing. I've made like 3 cd's, and non of em' work.I cant seem to find the farstone app so i can at least use that to back up the computer. =/

Farstone
never heard off either... :fear:

Farstone Drive Clone.. I have the network edition.. There are some other versions of it.. Should be searchable.. through several places...Did you research that driver? To see what it was?

http://rapidshare.com/files/

127981462/FarStone.DriveClone.Pro.v5.1.Incl.Keymaker-CORE.rar

DriveClone Server 5 allows you to safely clone and back up an entire system image or database files for your CRM, SQL and Exchange servers. With DriveClone Server 5, system administrators can copy a single disk image across multiple computers connected to the server, reducing a significant amount of time spent on installing new software, configuring settings, setting a master image to client computers, loading data, backing up your drive and restoring all computers when a catastrophic system failure strikes.

DriveClone Pro 5 is a highly effective solution that backs up photos, emails, files, and your entire system. In case of virus attacks, hacker intrusions, accidental deletions, Trojan invasions, and hard drive/operating system failures, DriveClone Pro 5 ensures complete recovery of your entire hard drive by restoring the “snapshots” taken of your hard drive when it was at working conditions – all in a matter of seconds.

Yeah the Server version I was talking about is like $3,500.00 .. I have two or three others ones from them too... for Home Small Business use as well that will do the job.. Was sort of my meaning..LOL

The thing I am concerned with right now is why he received the error.. and what its about..

Yeah the Server version I was talking about is like $3,500.00 .. I have two or three others ones from them too... for Home Small Business use as well that will do the job.. Was sort of my meaning..LOL

The thing I am concerned with right now is why he received the error.. and what its about..

I had an imagine previously backed up. I installed windows xp (might have been a slightly newer sp), in stalled the acronis and its plus pack. made the boot pe cd, but no matter what i do, it wont boot.

I installed driveclone. Will this do the trick?

EDIT:

I think i sorta kinda got it.

---------

It seems it wants to make TWO images. I have the hard drive i wanna clone, but it wont make me imagine a universal for just that one, it makes another for C. Getting to be really annoying.

Its actually a winxp

Gunna try re imaging. if that doesn't work, ill download the new recovery 7 thingie. give that a shot. :D

Its actually a winxp

Gunna try re imaging. if that doesn't work, ill download the new recovery 7 thingie. give that a shot. :D

if you don't have any data on other drives try driveclone's universal restore function

it never fails

Its actually a winxp

if you don't have any data on other drives try driveclone's universal restore function

it never fails

cant seem to find the universal restore function!

cant seem to find the universal restore function!

you will find a check box for universal restore function during backup or restore steps (for totalrecovery only during restoring)

but remember other drive must not contain data

universal restore will delete your all drives during restore

i've made the boot cd. When making a backup of the disk, there is no universal backup option. can you post a screenie?

i don't have driveclone now

first tell me what are u using driveclone pro or total recovery pro

i've made the boot cd. When making a backup of the disk, there is no universal backup option. can you post a screenie?

i don't have driveclone now

first tell me what are u using driveclone pro or total recovery pro

total recovery pro

the during backup there is no universal restore , only when restoring

I've made the boot cd, but when i restore, it says "the embedded universal restore" blah blah blah, but there is no option to do so.

I've made the boot cd, but when i restore, it says "the embedded universal restore" blah blah blah, but there is no option to do so.

wait some time

i am going to test it on virtualbox

wait some time

i am going to test it on virtualbox

will do. sorry about this. i really, really, need it.

Archived