Search engine alternatives to google

avmad

-0-

the Best option, would have to be samfind addon for firefox.

use any search bar you can lay your hands on.

type what you want in the search bar in your tool bar, click what ever icons you've added.

you can set up custom search icons, so say i put the word 'pterodactyl' in.

click the dictionary icon for definition, the wikipedia icon for that.... google, bing. or i set up an im feeling lucky icon.

so it will do the google i'm feeling lucky thing. but any search bar you find on the internet you can add.

just put in the search code. so basically what ever comes up in the address bar, and take out the word you put in for the test search, and add 'QUERY1'

then what ever words you put in the sam find search bar will work.

there are heaps of ready to use icons though.

but yeah, that's good.

I used to only use Metacrawler. But it's p-much the same. nothing special. not some underground search engine,

which gives useful links not just the popularly visited ones. or... payed for placements.

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Before you guys fully switch to anything non-google. I'll just let you know that tomorrow, Google is going to announce something big about it's search its been talking from month or so. :sneaky:

I gave up on (for now) the ixquick one. Little things annoyed me about it like the back button not always working, and it was quite slow as I added the extra security options. So im using Bing for now. Most of what I look at on the net is bookmarked anyway. I've just sorted them out into nice little categories lol :D

I'll have to give my 60 addon browser a go again and start removing the useless ones. Hoping its a good way to find usefull addons :lol:

Firefox 100 Search Engines addon. Thats useful, try typing in nsaneforums and see how many sites are using the links on here :secret:

Archived