nsane productions present: PirateShare.net

nsane

thanks all :)

and on a side note, i've changed the upload limit to 50MB so you can share even bigger files. if we get enough support from everyone i might be able to get hardware capable of handling even higher loads. but as of right now the home and proxy servers are kinda crappy :(

50 MB upload limit? Darn, I was hoping it would at least be 200MB so video files could also be shared. Very nice idea though.

so, that means wait till support rises and he gets better hardware IMO

Which then suggests people need to spread the word about this new site, so it can become popular and have a huge following. The larger the userbase, the more work done on it IMO.

• Replies 68
  • Views 64.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! :sneaky: good news for everybody! and thanks( I'll know now where to look for best downloads) ;) :D

cant wait to try it.sounds great.i have a lot of files for it.right now the website says servers are down.anybody else have this problem?

cant wait to try it.sounds great.i have a lot of files for it.right now the website says servers are down.anybody else have this problem?

According to the front page, one of the file hosts crashed causing a loss of a few files.

Try and upload the files now and it should be fine. :sneaky:

Still not working for me... I'm upping a 34.6 MB file right now... I can tell all 34.6 MB have been uploaded about 10 minutes ago (Opera keeps track of your upping total) but I still haven't gotten the download link. Just thought you guys should know before you spread the word too far about this new service since it's not working in Opera. Guess I'll try IE next. Will report back.

Edit: I'm upping the file now using IE and I just discovered that now I get the below dialog while when I use Opera I don't. So I can only assume that it doesn't work in Opera even if I set Opera to mask as IE.

Uploading, please wait...

Complete: 1% (480.47 KB of 34.55 MB)

Time Left: 00:27:50 @ 20.88 KB/s

it's because the file times out during processing and never completes. i've increased the PHP max_execution_time and max_input_times to hopefully solve the problem. let me know if it still doesn't work ;)

I made a topic about PirateShare on FileSharingTalk to help spread the word. They have a lot of members and I'm sure that some of them will have a use for PirateShare :welcome:.

Imperceptible

Nice work on getting it up and running. Seems like an awesome concept. I've dugg all the stories and uploaded a few files myself. Will let others know!

Thanks, Eddie.

Hey guys, I've got a couple questions about the PirateShare proxy. How do we know what files are already uploaded? Would it be possible to allow the uploading of an entire folder at once so sharing of things that encompass more than one file can be grouped together for convenience? Thanks

MrVoice

if the file's already in our database it'll tell you as soon as the upload finishes...

and i plan on adding a group option so you can group many files into a single link :welcome:

Hi nsane ... congrats on your new site ... I'm sure it'll prove to be very popular!

Gotta ask a dumb question ... I can see how you upload onto the servers ... but

how do you search for something & download it ???

ty !

Hi nsane ... congrats on your new site ... I'm sure it'll prove to be very popular!

ty !

the search isnt there yet, its just a working idea at the moment.

ty !

OK ... gotcha. So we are in the stage of loading the servers with music / pgms right now ...

with a view to searches & DL's to happem later on ??

ty !

OK ... gotcha. So we are in the stage of loading the servers with music / pgms right now ...

with a view to searches & DL's to happem later on ??

Yes. You'll be able to search all files that have been selected for public use.

Another question ...

I tried to upload an entire album, that was only 48mb ... so it's not

over the size limit.

Problem is ... I could not load the entire album folder. It wouldn't let

me do that. It would let me upload the album ... one song at a time.

Am I doing something wrong ??

TY :lol:

search feature added, enjoy :)

edit: almost forgot, i fixed the 'time taken for uploads' display too. it only affects people who's browsers are using DST based time causing the display to be an hour off ;)

Archived