HELLO

Guest jeffreyfrog

Guest jeffreyfrog

Hi i am Jeffrey. Glad i joined this community and hope to share some ideas with you.

Thanks!

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum!

Edit: Welcome and goodbye, it seems. You've been banned for spamming our forums, I'm sorry, for you :(

Your spam was very original though, I got to give you that ;)

Maybe try again some time, we're up for a challenge :)

Should've mentioned, he made another post which was spam, so I'm not talking about this topic ;)

We get a lot of spam, most members wouldn't believe us, because you barely see any of it :rolleyes: since it's gone before you can say 'Antidisestablishmentarianism' (which is, actually, a word :P). :D

For those of you who would like to be introduced into the world of spam recognition, he posted this as a reply to this topic:

There really is no "safe" browser. There are flaws in all of them. What you're experiencing is a common issue.

When you download browsers like firefox, chrome or opera, they import cached data from other browsers such as IE and Safari. When you send an Email to someone in another browser, it caches that information in temporary files located on your computer (for easy remembering/future use), which is then imported in to the new browsers folders. So when you go to type an email address, it brings up a list of all references it can find from the list of cached information it has.

No one has actually used your computer and you haven't been hacked, your browser is just importing information from it's cached history of emails you've typed to either send to someone, or have logged in from as yourself.

It's kind of confusing at first, but it's common stuff xD

*SPAM LINK*

Obviously the spam link threw me off at first, but that wasn't enough (a not-knowing user could think it is OK to add a link to some site to his post), so I read his post and noticed that it wasn't related to the topic, at all. His IP didn't turn up in any spam databases though, but the evidence was enough to be sure so :)

I probably wouldn't have considered that spam. I don't know what the link was, obviously, but the rest of it was semi-related to the topic he was posting in. Somebody mention how he didn't think the internet was safe to browse at all, regardless of your browser, so his post wouldn't have seemed terribly out of place. I would've just thought he'd misinterpreted what the other guy had meant. I'm sure you probably have way more experience than I do with recognizing spam, so I'll assume you were probably right because of the link. I totally wouldn't have caught it though.

Shought is the big shot

well for keeping the spam out

I probably wouldn't have considered that spam. I don't know what the link was, obviously, but the rest of it was semi-related to the topic he was posting in. Somebody mention how he didn't think the internet was safe to browse at all, regardless of your browser, so his post wouldn't have seemed terribly out of place. I would've just thought he'd misinterpreted what the other guy had meant. I'm sure you probably have way more experience than I do with recognizing spam, so I'll assume you were probably right because of the link. I totally wouldn't have caught it though.

Thanks for your trust in my judgment. We should better hope it is in fact any good :P

His reply was semi-related to the topic, but there were a few things that put me off:

'What you're experiencing is a common issue.' In the whole topic there wasn't any sign of a 'you' experiencing 'an issue'.

and

'No one has actually used your computer and you haven't been hacked, your browser is just importing information from it's cached history of emails you've typed to either send to someone, or have logged in from as yourself.'

Both of these lines suggest that this is a reply to a particular issue, whilst there was none.

Also the link was intentionally shrunk to the smallest possible font size and it had 'security' in it, if I wouldn't have clicked the link it would've probably not noticed it since it seemed like some kind of reference. It was however a link to a website providing security for your home (sensors and stuff like that).

And what I said about this being original spam is true, it's the most original spam I've ever handled, that's for sure :D

ps I found out where his text originated from: http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100118084823AA8nzg6

@implague

shought: your friendly neighborhood (anti-)spammer :P

Lite is the big shot around these parts though :rolleyes:

• Administrator

I might as well close this topic :rolleyes:

There is no point welcoming someone that isn't here!

Archived