Web Browser Security

Lite

• Administrator

I constantly hear that "My browser is more secure than yours", but is it really?

NSS Labs performs recurring, standardized testing of web browser security. This includes rating protection against socially-engineered malware and phishing attacks.

This report followed the same Live Testing methodology as the two previous tests conducted in 2009. This report contains empirically-validated evidence gathered during 18 days of 24 x 7 testing, performed every six hours, over 74 discrete test runs, each one adding fresh new malware URLs. Each product was updated to the most current version available at the time testing began, and allowed access to the live Internet.

Tested products include:

* Apple Safari 4

* Google Chrome 4

* Microsoft Internet Explorer 8

* Mozilla Firefox 3.5

* Opera 10

Homepage

Executive Summary

Full Report

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Interesting to read this. IE is targeted more. But we shouldn't forget that Google attacks were because of a major vulnerability in IE. I believe that IE's main structure is flawed. It hasn't evolved through the fast moving times. Still relies on vulnerable components, methods, etc. Hope to see a better IE9.

About Firefox, I don't think there would be a major difference in the security between 3.5.7 and 3.6.

In the end, every browser has it's own positives and negatives. :)

Night Owl

Surprising that Internet Explorer 8 did so much better than all other major Web browsers in the tests done here.

I use the latest Firefox running under Sandboxie. The safest way to browse in my opinion.

• Administrator

If you know what you are doing, you can pretty much back yourself that you are safe. Otherwise, nothing in the whole world is 100% safe.

yes DKT is rite just use ur brains and lil commonsense will help a lot to surf securely

Archived