Mark Zuckerberg could face the death penalty in Pakistan

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

2vcyqsy.jpg

A Pakistani lawyer has filed a "First Information Report" alleging that Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg is responsible for the distribution of blasphemous Islamic content.

A "Draw Muhammad" contest started by a Facebook user resulted in a Pakistani ban of the service which was subsequently lifted on May 31, 2010 after the removal of the offensive content. Initially a ban on just the offensive pages was in place, but it was determined that the entire service was in contravention of Pakistani law.

Under Pakistan's penal code, "use of derogatory remark etc, in respect of the Holy Prophet, whoever by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation, or by any imputation, innuendo, or insinuation, directly or indirectly, defiles the sacred name of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) shall be punished with death, or imprisonment for life, and shall also be liable for fine." Lawyer Muhammad Azhar Siddique has convinced a Pakistani District Court judge to instigate police investigation into the infraction.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is: lol.

(I could say more, heck, I am going to say more :D) --- If you do believe Mark Zuckerberg should die, or the people who started the contest, or the people who entered the contest then please do NOT read on, you'll get offended... Probably.

'Oh no, you drew a picture of my imaginary friend for grown ups.' --- Pffffffff. Grow up; being religious is OK as long as you keep it to yourself (or share it with others that have the same view), imposing your religion or the consequences of your religion (not being allowed to draw an image of Allah, or Muhammad) on others is NOT.

If you, yes, you, did read on, even though I told you not to read on, and now disagree with me then I should let you know that my religion doesn't allow anyone to disagree with me and because of that you may be subject to the death penalty the moment you set foot in my house. Now, does that make sense?

ps yeah, I know, religious subjects are dangerous and there could be people out there that disagree with me (even though my religion clearly prohibits this)... Yet, I can't not reply...

Also:

what do these people think, including 'Peace Be Upon Him' in their penal code... That's like writing 'The Land of Opportunities' every time after the word America/US(A) is used in the American penal code; a waste of space and time.

• Administrator

Religion is what someone keeps to himself for his own good. Killing everyone that says or does anything funny is just nuts. If they don't want anyone to make fun of it, they can educate people in a good way, not by violence.

And tell me, what they had drawn, was it (really) anywhere an insult to the prophet? No.

The real question is why would anyone even have such a contest knowing fully well it would cause civil unrest in certain countries. That's the part that gets me, he knew fully well beforehand that such a thing would cause disharmony but he did it anyway. The results of this contest means nothing to him, some people are just out to make mischief. If I know something will upset my neighbour I will never bring it up because I believe I should live good with my neighbours, I prefer unity and harmony but not everyone shares that view.

shought: The "Peace Be Upon Him" phrase is a sign of respect used by Muslims, it's just like when you go to a courtroom you can't just call the judge by his first name. At the same time the laws of courtroom are imposed on everyone entering that domain regardless of religion, similarly people should not dispute with the laws of other nations, if you don't like it you move out, same as Mexico, Cuba, North Korea etc. When you visit any country you are bound by their laws, if you don't like them then you should not visit that country in the first place. You always have to append or prepend phrases to denote respect to certain people even when writing, "his excellency", "the honourable", "the great leader", etc.

I believe they should have gone through more diplomatic channels of course, like the government could have spoken to the whitehouse and express their disagreement with the content, or just ban the whole thing and be over with it. Facebook and WoW are the causes of the global recession anyways, nobody works any more, they all play farmville and WoW and waste global resources.

Even though the laws of a country don't apply when you are not in that country, I still believe you should respect other countries because if we can't change our own attitude towards others as individuals then the world itself could never change. Like I said before, this guy had absolutely nothing to gain from this contest he conjured up except for premeditating civil unrest in other countries.

it really is time to waste pakistan to ashes along with most others of their kind. a waste of life forms. india should never allow them to seperate. if i could time travel i know who i would kill.

The real question is why would anyone even have such a contest knowing fully well it would cause civil unrest in certain countries. That's the part that gets me, he knew fully well beforehand that such a thing would cause disharmony but he did it anyway. The results of this contest means nothing to him, some people are just out to make mischief. If I know something will upset my neighbour I will never bring it up because I believe I should live good with my neighbours, I prefer unity and harmony but not everyone shares that view.

I agree with you for the most, but the thing is: we have to respect their freedom to not be allowed (that sounds weird) to draw Muhammad, but then again they should respect our freedom to do so. Ergo: freedom for everyone is impossible. We have to limit our freedom. But do you think we should be limited in our freedom to draw whatever we want and add the name 'Muhammad' to it? I don't think so.

I agree with the part about wanting to cause disharmony and it not being a good thing, but I do not agree that for some reason we should not be allowed to make a drawing of Muhammad. If you believe the Koran then you prohibit yourself from doing this, but imposing it on others is something we shouldn't allow.

shought: The "Peace Be Upon Him" phrase is a sign of respect used by Muslims, it's just like when you go to a courtroom you can't just call the judge by his first name. At the same time the laws of courtroom are imposed on everyone entering that domain regardless of religion, similarly people should not dispute with the laws of other nations, if you don't like it you move out, same as Mexico, Cuba, North Korea etc. When you visit any country you are bound by their laws, if you don't like them then you should not visit that country in the first place. You always have to append or prepend phrases to denote respect to certain people even when writing, "his excellency", "the honourable", "the great leader", etc.

The penal code should be free of any difference between people (or 'beings which may not be drawn') and unnecessary additions. Obviously this isn't the case for all laws (because there has to be difference between leaders of the country and stuff like that).

(I knew what it was btw ;))

I believe they should have gone through more diplomatic channels of course, like the government could have spoken to the whitehouse and express their disagreement with the content, or just ban the whole thing and be over with it. Facebook and WoW are the causes of the global recession anyways, nobody works any more, they all play farmville and WoW and waste global resources.

Even though the laws of a country don't apply when you are not in that country, I still believe you should respect other countries because if we can't change our own attitude towards others as individuals then the world itself could never change. Like I said before, this guy had absolutely nothing to gain from this contest he conjured up except for premeditating civil unrest in other countries.

I know you have to respect others, but respect others should not turn into 'turning into others'. At a certain point you have to draw a line. This is the 'there can't be freedom for everyone'-problem. Everyone can't respect everyone because there are contradictory values.

I know you have to respect others, but respect others should not turn into 'turning into others'. At a certain point you have to draw a line. This is the 'there can't be freedom for everyone'-problem. Everyone can't respect everyone because there are contradictory values.

See the part I bold there, I can't stress that enough. I always tell people that when they come to harass me, I tell them I never impose my way of life upon you so why are you harassing me when I'm perfectly happy with who I am currently. :D

Also you kinda have the same points as me, I'm saying that if you are in a foreign country you should obey their laws and respect the beliefs of the citizens. So if this guy is an American in America for example then he can't be held accountable for breaking laws in another country if he was never there to break them. Contrary to popular belief every individual has free will to choose their own paths in life. Though some ignoramus will speak nonsense they have no understanding about, the Islamic scriptures clearly state that "there is no compulsion in religion", it also states "for you your way and for me mine". With that in mind you could see that the inherent teachings of Islam prohibits imposing beliefs upon anyone who does not want it on their own, in all walks of life however there are people who just do not understand and take things way out of context and carry it too far.

One thing I am lucky for is that I live in a place where every religion and race live in harmony for the most part. I am glad my family migrated from India, not meaning to offend anyone but we just could not tolerate the whole caste system. Case in point, we didn't like the laws of one place so we migrated to somewhere better. Even where I am now people people keep asking me if I'm married and that they have someone in mind for me etc. all because of my light skin colour. I don't accept anything like that, I always like to work and earn everything. The root problem is not religion but people, if anything is proof that we all have free will, this is it. Even if we all believed in the same thing there would still be disagreement, how we choose to deal with it is what determines our character. I will stick with my belief of harmony and unity and therefore I never speak anything to knowingly offend the people around me.

karachidude

shought first of all "I am not sure,if Jesus(PBUH),looked anything like the pictures above or like the ones i normally see,so i m not gonna call that depiction Jesus(PBUH)"

To us Muslims Hazrat Essa(Jesus)(PBUH),was one of the MIGHTIEST PROPHET'S of ALLAH to have ever walked the earth,and one of the MOST RESPECT WORTHTY human to have graced this earth,he was the CHOSEN ONE,with a message(the great Bible).

To the Christian,Jesus(PBUH) is the ALMIGHTY,the Creator of the GALAXY,the GOD who gives MORE and ask's for LESS.

To the Christian,Jesus(PBUH) is the ALMIGHTY,the Creator of the GALAXY,the GOD who gives MORE and ask's for LESS.

know to the topic at hand.We believe that this LIFE IS A TEST,this 60-70 year old life we have on earth is test and the earth is the ground we are being tested on,and after we are done,we have been promised a ETERNAL life in the here after.Its here where the concept of whats CORRECT OR WRONG comes(This concept is same for the Muslims and Christians and Jews).

PICTORIAL DEPICTIONS OF THE PROPHET(PBUH) would lead to pictures like u see above,which are derogatory,and we Muslims dont want that to happen,thats why the blasphemy law,dont let anyone ridicule ur religion,and use force if they dont stop,this is to testify to CREATOR that we will act and do our best to stop it,if something like this happens.Its in our religion to stop this from happening.

I know you have to respect others, but respect others should not turn into 'turning into others'.

Stopping drawing pictures of the LAST PROPHET(PBUH) wont make u a Muslim my Friend,there is a lot of other things involved :lol:

What it will do though is,it will establish a better relationship with the second largest religion in the world,and i know u guys dont need a good relationship with the Muslims right know,because the West is in Power and dont need noboby else,but believe me power is not forever,if not ur own sake,do it for the generations that come after us,and this type of things cant lead to anywhere peacefull :)

And tell me, what they had drawn, was it (really) anywhere an insult to the prophet? No

The concept of ur religion is completely opposite(one ALLAH and IdolWorship) to Islam,Jewism and somewhat Christian,so i dont think u will understand :)

it really is time to waste pakistan to ashes along with most others of their kind. a waste of life forms. india should never allow them to seperate. if i could time travel i know who i would kill.

We are not going anywhere,and we are the fastest growing religion in Americas right know :lol: ,and on the topic of India and Pakistan.We are Indians,our ancestor were Indian,India was as much our as it was for the Hindu's,because majority of the people in India are converts from Hinduism to Islam,its not like we came from any other region,still India holds the largest population of muslims in the world :lol:

Leet i have the utmost respect for u :)

(...)

and use force if they dont stop

(...)

My point exactly :)

Thanks for your quick demonstration.

LeetPirate was talking about respect, you say you have respect for LeetPirate, but yet, were he to draw Muhammad, you'd be willing to use force against him?

How can we respect you, if you don't respect us? Europeans (and especially the Dutch) have been known to accept and respect any culture for a long time, this is about to change and I don't like it, but it has to be like this. If respect is not answered with respect, then what are we all doing?

it was before 911 and indians convert by the sword like it usual is. just like how iraqs where convert from sunni to shitti. by the sword. there is only one relgion where it doesnt care about humans. this is the 21th century. you dont go around doing what they do to others. if the people of that relgion are not going to take it back to the evil ones then to ash and sounds of bells. that cancer is going to be cut out.

does anyone see a human future of peace or spreading to the stars under it? any thing that makes a female or child worth less then another is evil. there is no future on that line. its a dead end.

really was anything invented or discover under them that changed humans history?

now back to the subject. now there is going to be masses of stupid zombies marching and screaming and protesting for death to facebook ceo. cut their f!@#$%ing internet access to the world off. these evil hateful stupid people around the world do not get it. when they detonate a nuke over a city anywhere the 5 members of UN are going to !@#$ waste them everywhere. there will be no lawyers to protect them. there will be no dancing in the streets for the news reporters.

im waitiing for the, lets see 6th war i think, with india. you know what has it been, 3000 or 4000 years. it really is time for india to take back what was theirs. Negationism in India another interesting history one can look up.

there is good and bad in every group but some of the most evilest in human history right now is in 1 group right now. in order for one's people to grow they must face their past.

anywya, closing. mods delete if must. got to go make supper for the family

DreamHaters

I'm sorry for all Muslims on this forum, but what kind of religion promotes violence and then claims there doing the right thing by threating and blowing themselves up. Violence doesnt solve anything. It never have been and never will.

Yeah Facebook was the place where this Draw Mohammed Day event took place, but threating to kill the owner? What rights do you have to go and destroy buildings that do not even belong to your country. You wouldn't like if someone nuked Mecca and destroyed that black box.

But dont worry, you will all be judged for the actions that you have done.

karachidude

(...)

and use force if they dont stop

(...)

My point exactly :)

Thanks for your quick demonstration.

LeetPirate was talking about respect, you say you have respect for LeetPirate, but yet, were he to draw Muhammad, you'd be willing to use force against him?

How can we respect you, if you don't respect us? Europeans (and especially the Dutch) have been known to accept and respect any culture for a long time, this is about to change and I don't like it, but it has to be like this. If respect is not answered with respect, then what are we all doing?

but shought ur qouting it out of context here,what i have said is ,if someone is riduculing the religion,then it is of duty to stop him from doing so,it is the only practical thing to do,without doing it the thing would not stop,AND AT THE SAME TIME we Muslims have been ordered and warned not to ridicule other religions,ON TOP OF THAT it is our faith to respect Jesus,Moses (PBUT) and the Messengers that came before them,without paying them homage a muslims faith is not complete,one isnt a muslim if he doesnt respect and revere THEM.u would never c a muslim talking down about Jesus,Moses(PBUT).

we respect other religions and the GREAT PEOPLE who brought them,all we need is a little respect back mate,and its not even something thats hard to do,drawing something is easy,but not drawing something is even easier.

I'm sorry for all Muslims on this forum, but what kind of religion promotes violence and then claims there doing the right thing by threating and blowing themselves up. Violence doesnt solve anything. It never have been and never will.

Yeah Facebook was the place where this Draw Mohammed Day event took place, but threating to kill the owner? What rights do you have to go and destroy buildings that do not even belong to your country. You wouldn't like if someone nuked Mecca and destroyed that black box.

But dont worry, you will all be judged for the actions that you have done.

this is how bad it is. in the movie 2012 they didnt have a scene with mecca being destroyed unlike everywhere else. read article where the director said he wasnt going to take a chance.

I know I'd probably respect you and I know you respect me.

The problem is, not all Muslims understand this. Religion is dangerous for fools, any religion. It just so happens to be that a lot of countries with relatively low education grades and have a lot of Muslims living in them and therefore these people can easily misinterpret the Koran, the Bible or whatever book. I'm not saying that there is a connection between low education grades and Muslims, I'm saying that a fool in combination with religion is even more dangerous than a fool on his own.

But let me ask you a question: if I were to make a drawing of Muhammad, would you, personally, try to harm me?

@everyone

Let's not bring stuff like terrorism into this. Way too stereotypical ;)

we Muslims have been ordered and warned not to ridicule other religions,

lol please. your two jesus pictures said it all. have a nice day. oh if you are really in pakistan stay away from funerals, weddings, school, police stations, market place, anywhere where children are so you will be safe from your friends over there.

we Muslims have been ordered and warned not to ridicule other religions,

lol please. your two jesus pictures said it all. have a nice day. oh if you are really in pakistan stay away from funerals, weddings, school, police stations, market place, anywhere where children are so you will be safe from your friends over there.

myidisbb, could you please refrain from using the stereotypical image of a Muslim (being a terrorist), it's just not true and the only thing you get by doing this is more misunderstanding and more disrespect, which is the last we'd like to happen.

These pics were an example to show why nobody should be allowed to draw a picture of a prophet, not some kind of remark about Christianity.

I'd like others to disregard the above or I'm afraid I'll have to close this topic, which is something I'd rather not do :)

Hello guys,

I'm generally not inclined to comment on the topic of religion. Nothwithstanding the fact that I'm an Indian albeit one with the highest respect for the Muslim fraternity especially for our Pakistani brothers.

Dear karachidude,

Request you to delete those 2 pictures and IMO, the Mods. should thrash this thread before the harmony & brotherhood which we enjoy amongst these pages . . . . . . . . . is vitiated.

ps:

This has been my most most disturbing login, ever.

just telling him to be careful. they had some more killings again over there. pretty nasty. wasnt meant to sterotype as terrorist. because if anything did happen there is no way we would ever know. kind of like when nsane was gone for a while and asked if he was okay or you guys able or did talk with each other. (couple years ago) its bad enough that statics that 1 or 2 of the members could die or be killed somewhere in the world from a vehicle hit and run or something and almost no way of the others here knowing about it.

Why should the pictures be removed or the thread be trashed?

I believe we're all adults (even I am now, officially :P) so this should be fine.

Don't worry, we're heavily staffed so if anything goes bad, we'll jump in and, well, not save the day, but, close the topic and send some not so friendly PMs, maybe? :)

I don't think we should be afraid of discussing subjects like this...

---

Edit:

just telling him to be careful. they had some more killings again over there. pretty nasty. wasnt meant to sterotype as terrorist. because if anything did happen there is no way we would ever know. kind of like when nsane was gone for a while and asked if he was okay or you guys able or did talk with each other. (couple years ago) its bad enough that statics that 1 or 2 of the members could die or be killed somewhere in the world from a vehicle hit and run or something and almost no way of the others here knowing about it.

Ok, my apologies in that case :)

I just thought some of the words were a little too suggestive. Do note that the fact that I'm staff shouldn't in any way limit you from expressing your opinion, as long as you do it in a peaceful manner ;) So me saying it's a bit too suggestive doesn't mean you can't say what you think, it's just that sometimes words written with a great intention can be misinterpreted, so if you write something, make sure to read it back with the reader's eye (preferably not use the actual 'reader's eye', because that involves a lot of surgery).

it was before 911 and indians convert by the sword like it usual is. just like how iraqs where convert from sunni to shitti. by the sword. there is only one relgion where it doesnt care about humans. this is the 21th century. you dont go around doing what they do to others. if the people of that relgion are not going to take it back to the evil ones then to ash and sounds of bells. that cancer is going to be cut out.

does anyone see a human future of peace or spreading to the stars under it? any thing that makes a female or child worth less then another is evil. there is no future on that line. its a dead end.

really was anything invented or discover under them that changed humans history?

now back to the subject. now there is going to be masses of stupid zombies marching and screaming and protesting for death to facebook ceo. cut their f!@#$%ing internet access to the world off. these evil hateful stupid people around the world do not get it. when they detonate a nuke over a city anywhere the 5 members of UN are going to !@#$ waste them everywhere. there will be no lawyers to protect them. there will be no dancing in the streets for the news reporters.

im waitiing for the, lets see 6th war i think, with india. you know what has it been, 3000 or 4000 years. it really is time for india to take back what was theirs. Negationism in India another interesting history one can look up.

there is good and bad in every group but some of the most evilest in human history right now is in 1 group right now. in order for one's people to grow they must face their past.

anywya, closing. mods delete if must. got to go make supper for the family

Your lack of education is astonishing. Anyone educated about Islam knows that one cannot be converted by any sword, only ignorant misinformed people profess such nonsense. Any educated Islamic scholar could tell you and show you in the scriptures where it states there is no compulsion in religion so conversion by force is null, void, and a waste of time.

If you hate Islam so much I suggest you count in Roman Numerals from now on because using Arabic numbers will probably convert you by force. :blink: Destroy all your currency with Arabic numbers on it at once. The only evil hateful stupid person around this world I see is you.

You don't even know the history of India, that's the most amazing part, I suggest you do some research before spewing out garbage, the border between Pakistan and India was set by Great Britain.

@DreamHaters: Islam does not support terrorism either, that's just the actions of people on their own, the problem is when a Muslim commits a crime the world puts Islam on trial but this never happens for other religions. Go figure.

Also I was watching that 911 on news LIVE on cnn and switching back and forth between cnn and bbc and I witnessed myself when President Bush made a mistake in his script and spoke about the second explosion before it happened. CNN never replayed it because they said "It was too painful for America". If you ever watched the movie V for Vendetta you could understand exactly what is taking place, more than that you have to follow the movie and understand every part of it.

The only thing this news report suggests is that if this guy were in Pakistan he could face capital punishment for breaking their laws. I could also face capital punishment in USA for treason as it would be breaking their laws. The media highlights this and all the haters swarm in. This is the world we live in. As you say we all have to face judgement for what we do here, if only everyone else could realise the same thing, maybe the world would be a better place.

. . . . . alright, as you wish. :(

That's not an answer to my question, is it? :rolleyes:

(...)

Your lack of education is astonishing. Anyone educated about Islam knows that one cannot be converted by any sword, only ignorant misinformed people profess such nonsense. Any educated Islamic scholar could tell you and show you in the scriptures where it states there is no compulsion in religion so conversion by force is null, void, and a waste of time.

If you hate Islam so much I suggest you count in Roman Numerals from now on because using Arabic numbers will probably convert you by force. :blink: Destroy all your currency with Arabic numbers on it at once. The only evil hateful stupid person around this world I see is you.

You don't even know the history of India, that's the most amazing part, I suggest you do some research before spewing out garbage, the border between Pakistan and India was set by Great Britain.

---

@DreamHaters: Islam does not support terrorism either, that's just the actions of people on their own, the problem is when a Muslim commits a crime the world puts Islam on trial but this never happens for other religions. Go figure.

Also I was watching that 911 on news LIVE on cnn and switching back and forth between cnn and bbc and I witnessed myself when President Bush made a mistake in his script and spoke about the second explosion before it happened. CNN never replayed it because they said "It was too painful for America". If you ever watched the movie V for Vendetta you could understand exactly what is taking place, more than that you have to follow the movie and understand every part of it.

The only thing this news report suggests is that if this guy were in Pakistan he could face capital punishment for breaking their laws. I could also face capital punishment in USA for treason as it would be breaking their laws. The media highlights this and all the haters swarm in. This is the world we live in. As you say we all have to face judgement for what we do here, if only everyone else could realise the same thing, maybe the world would be a better place.

I think he meant to say that they were forced to 'have' another religion (even though this is clearly bullshit because a religion is what you believe, not what you say you believe). The thing is you are blaming him for saying it, and well, he didn't say it 100% correctly, but in fact you should blame the people who were trying to convert people by force. They are the fools, in my eyes.

He also didn't suggest that using Arab numbers or not drawing Muhammad would convert you to the Islam. I'm not sure what exactly he is trying to say, but what I would like to say is: no, it is not converting us, but we do have to accept and respect it. The respect has to be mutual and currently I feel this is not the case. Who started it doesn't matter, who ends it, does.

actually the abc ei arabic came originally from india.

going to not post the rest of the reply so this doesnt keep going on and on and on

That's not an answer to my question, is it? :rolleyes:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . IMO, the Mods. should thrash this thread before the harmony & brotherhood which we enjoy amongst these pages . . . . . . . . . is vitiated.

ps:

This has been my most most disturbing login, ever.

OK, I can now see that someone has deleted the pictures - if it was you, karachidude . . . . . . . thank you. :)

@ nobody-in-particular

Hope this discussion is carried out peacefully without blaspheming against the Holy ones, thanks. :)

Archived