Firewall Choice

Hitman6267

• Replies 29
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was using Comodo with it's default settings but that didn't work then i set it to allow all so it wont interfere with my internet.

Will comodo work in Vista? I tried looking on faq's page but didnt see anything or maybe I missed it

*nvm* It does not ignore me

Supposedly v3 will be Vista ready.

edited

nvm what i said in this post. The rule is supposidly working.

Do you mean the rule you made is working or the default rules? If you mean the rule you made I implore you to check with the guys on the Comodo forum wether it's the proper configuration or not. The rule may work but it may not be the proper way. Comodo is a really good firewall and their very helpful on their forum.

The rule I made, and i posted on their forums havent got a reply yet. ( I changed the rule, Source ip= the ip i noticed asking the echo, destination ip= my network ip) I noticed an ICMP outgoing request blocked in my logs the source is my network ip and the destination ip is my DNS Server the description i got is: "Outgoing Policy Violation (Access Denied, ICMP= PORT UNREACHABLE)" what is that?

The rule I made, and i posted on their forums havent got a reply yet. ( I changed the rule, Source ip= the ip i noticed asking the echo, destination ip= my network ip) I noticed an ICMP outgoing request blocked in my logs the source is my network ip and the destination ip is my DNS Server the description i got is: "Outgoing Policy Violation (Access Denied, ICMP= PORT UNREACHABLE)" what is that?

You made a rule to allow inbound ICMP and it looks like comodo blocked the outbound ICMP but I'm not totally possitive thats correct. Maybe you need to change the direction from "in" to "in/out". I'm sure they'll answer you soon on the comodo forum.

Archived