Recovery Partition Software

Duzaki

Hiya, mates. I'm one of those people who recover their PCs a lot. Everytime I do that, I have to start from scratch since the recovery partition that is already in the system is of a different OS. I was wondering if it would be possible to find a software that can make a recovery partition out of this:

I want to add my OS, my programs, my games, my settings, my favorites (bookmarks), updates, etc. the way I want.

So, then whenever I recover, it stays this way instead of the older settings. Also, if that software can make recovery CDs/DVDs out of the created recovery partition, that would be a plus. Or even the whole partition, lol. Looking forward to hearing from you, mates! :cheers:

• Replies 13
  • Views 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gParted live cd Frreware

Copy whole partition/transfer to another drive etc... but not really viable due to the fact of amount of HDD needed

Acronis is good/better option, but not quite partition recovery tool

You may try the leading backup software, Acronis. It helps you create an hidden partition that is good for even a multi-OS environment. This partition is basically hidden from 'Explorer' with the widest range of backup possibilities.

You can also use Acronis and backup on dvd. But if you have a large list of program, then you need to have a lot of dvd. lol!

better back it up with acronis on a plug b play device

BTW, the hidden Acronis partition is designated ASZ (Acronis Secure Zone.) As mentioned in my previous post, Acronis offers the widest range of backup possibilities and this hidden partition can be adopted onto external media of any kind.

edit:-

Backing onto external HDDs is the latest trend as terabytes have become dirt cheap.

Wow, everyone is mentioning the same application; it must be good (and trustworthy), lol! :dance: Well mates, my external hd recently went bad on me so, I'm looking to make a partition in the hd of the PC. There's already one there from HP. I want to delete that one and make my own. When that is made, I want to back the partition up on DVDs for a just-in-case situation (for example, the PC isn't booting up at all and I can just insert the DVD to recover the PC all over again). :unsure: So, do you think Acronis can do this? Also, by Acronis, do you mean Acronis True Image Home 2010 or is it another application? What do you think about Norton Ghost, mates? :think: Personally, I never liked Norton products; they weren't good to me in the past. So, they might be better now. Anyways, would love to hear your opinions, mates! :pirate:

There's already one there from HP. I want to delete that one and make my own.

If I were to possess ample (internal) HDD space, I'd never delete the HP partition but would rather use it like a 'Recycle Bin' storage for the basic HP drivers which can bring the system to a factory state in moments. Remember, to recover a deleted HP partition is a costly visit to the HP factory.

I want to back the partition up on DVDs for a just-in-case situation (for example, the PC isn't booting up at all and I can just insert the DVD to recover the PC all over again). :unsure:

Backing up onto a DVD medium is a step in the right direction, however you seem to be contemplating it for a wrong reason (when the system refuses to boot, Acronis can boot & restore through other means, preferably a BootCD.)

Also, by Acronis, do you mean Acronis True Image Home 2010 or is it another application?

Right, Acronis True Image is the popular one & also highly recommended. I prefer the Server edition, though.

Wow, everyone is mentioning the same application; it must be good (and trustworthy), lol! :dance: Well mates, my external hd recently went bad on me so, I'm looking to make a partition in the hd of the PC. There's already one there from HP. I want to delete that one and make my own. When that is made, I want to back the partition up on DVDs for a just-in-case situation (for example, the PC isn't booting up at all and I can just insert the DVD to recover the PC all over again). :unsure: So, do you think Acronis can do this? Also, by Acronis, do you mean Acronis True Image Home 2010 or is it another application? What do you think about Norton Ghost, mates? :think: Personally, I never liked Norton products; they weren't good to me in the past. So, they might be better now. Anyways, would love to hear your opinions, mates! :pirate:

partition management- gparted live cd

back up- acronis

Right, Acronis True Image is the popular one & also highly recommended. I prefer the Server edition, though.

Are you talking about Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server? Does it have better features then the one mentioned before? :think:

partition management- gparted live cd

back up- acronis

So, I can use GParted to make a partition on the internal hd and use Acronis to actually back up everything on the PC into it? When I went to the GParted website, I saw that it works on x86 machines. I have a 64-bit OS installed on my PC. I don't know if what I said now as even relevant, lol! There's also options to use it on a USB or Hard Disk. :unsure:

Are there any detailed guides available using these applications? I don't want to mess anything up...It may sound stupid to you guys but, that's because you all know what you're doing, lol. :clap:

Are you talking about Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server? Does it have better features then the one mentioned before? :think:

Don't get into that . . . . . . for now - you'll confuse yourself. Suggest you stick with Acronis True Home Image.

So, I can use GParted to make a partition on the internal hd and use Acronis to actually back up everything on the PC into it?

Acronis has an option of creating an hidden & secure partition (for backups) which is quite sophisticated.

I guess I'll be trying Acronis then. :) If I have any problems later on, should I just ask in this thread or make a new one elsewhere? :blink: Also, this is a bit random but, can you mates look at this thread? :flowers: Hopefully, some mate out there can help me out with that. ;)

If I have any problems later on, should I just ask in this thread or make a new one elsewhere? :blink:

It'd be more beneficial to open a new thread. You could expect a wider participation translating into more options & quicker solutions. :)

^^^ regarding GParted- just download, burn (or bit more complicated USB 'it) and restart PC (dont matter x86 or x64) dont fiddle, just enter, enter and enter... thingy comes up you'll see- easier than easy!

Archived