Notebook Bag & Cooler...

Duzaki

Hey, mates. :) I recently bought an HP G71-340US Notebook. It has a 17.3'' screen. I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me find a bag and a cooler for this notebook. For the bag, I am looking for a bag with different compartments for accessories, pads, papers, pens, etc. and of course that fits 17.3''. For the cooler, basically one that would fit this notebook and keep the temperature normal. I'm having a hard time finding a cooler that fits 17.3''. I did find a bag that I liked but, the price was too much. :fear: So, please recommend some of the brands and models of bags and coolers that you think might be best for this notebook. 8)

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me find a bag and a cooler for this notebook. For the bag, I am looking for a bag with different compartments for accessories, pads, papers, pens, etc. and of course that fits 17.3''.

Generally when I'm traveling, I prefer carrying my laptop in a haversack (I'm a biker.) When I'm on a Corporate prospecting visit though, I prefer the original formal business bag that came with my laptop.

It depends on your requirement and the need of the hour. I find the haversack more trendy and less cumbersome (it also leaves you handsfree.) Moreover, the stock bag which comes with the laptop is more prone to theft. However, an important criterion in choosing an haversack should be the extra padding to the compartment that houses your laptop.

For the cooler, basically one that would fit this notebook and keep the temperature normal. I'm having a hard time finding a cooler that fits 17.3''. I did find a bag that I liked but, the price was too much. :fear: So, please recommend some of the brands and models of bags and coolers that you think might be best for this notebook. 8)

I'm honestly out of league on this one (have never used a cooler.) I depend on maintaining my fan on a regular basis.

You need a fairly large cooler. I have an HP DV8 which has an 18.4 inch screen and I use a Zalman ZM-NC2000 which is designed for notebooks 17 inches and larger. It is pretty nicely made. The laptop rests on a sloped solid aluminum sheet that has two cooling fans under it. The fans have a continuously adjustable switch to adjust fan speed. It is pretty quiet, especially on low. You can read reviews of it on Amazon and Newegg. They run around $55 shipped, in Silver. For some reason the black model is $5 more expensive, so I go the Silver one. It's mostly hidden by my laptop anyway.

When I'm doing something like gaming, I turn the fans up to full speed. Otherwise I usually keep it low. It has a power switch and two USB ports, one of which is used for powering the fans. It would be better if they had provided 4 or more extra USB ports which there is plenty of room for, but otherwise is a quality piece of equipment.

I have an HP DV8 which has an 18.4 inch screen and I use a Zalman ZM-NC2000 which is designed for notebooks 17 inches and larger.

Thanks, this cooler looks like it would fit. :coolwink: But, what you think about this one? It's designed for 15'', 17'' and 19''! :w00t: I read around a little bit and this one seems to be bigger then the Zalman one. It's supposedly perfect for 17'' notebooks. :) The price is too much though... :(

That one looks good too and seems to have pretty good reviews, but some people said it was noisy, if that matters to you. The Zalman is considered to be very quiet by most people. That was the most important thing to me as I'm very sensitive to noise and basically got it to keep my noisy laptop fans from having to spin up so much.

I'm sure either one would be a good choice. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

But the Zalman definitely would fit since it fits my larger laptop very well and the laptop sits on it very securely (no slipping or sliding around). It's keeping my i7 CPU at a cool 58 C (cool for that quad core CPU) as I type this post.

Archived