Installing Win 7 Ultimate

csmdew

Downloaded a copy of win 7 ultimate with 90 day free useage and wanted to know if at the end of the 90 days what would I need to do to keep it going. Could a boot loader be used at that time without re-installing the os or what and how would I sove the situation, thanks?

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

You can use Daz loader. But license inserter would be just fine if you have SLIC 2.1 on your computer. dcs18 will give you the right one...

Sl@pSh0ck™

Downloaded a copy of win 7 ultimate with 90 day free useage and wanted to know if at the end of the 90 days what would I need to do to keep it going. Could a boot loader be used at that time without re-installing the os or what and how would I sove the situation, thanks?

Take a look here ... I suggest you use Daz loader ... try the default mode first ... if it doesn't work try the other modes available. BTW are you using a pretty new computer or an old one?

Downloaded a copy of win 7 ultimate with 90 day free useage and wanted to know if at the end of the 90 days what would I need to do to keep it going.

Congrats, suggest you focus on your installations and configurations since you have a 30-days nag-free & fully functional evaluation at your disposal which is easily extendible upto 120 days legally - am compiling a tutorial on this. So there's plenty of days remaining to fix your Windows.

Could a boot loader be used at that time without re-installing the os or what and how would I sove the situation, thanks?

Yes, a bootloader can be used and like nivrid05 says - Daz's loader is surely the best one. If your BIOS is SLIC 2.1 ready, though - you may not even be required to run a loader as DKT27 has mentioned. To find this out you could run the 'SLIC ToolKit' after launching a search for it from nivrid05's link posted again at the bottom of my post.

We encourage the Community to get on to Windows Se7en at the earliest with an assurance of whole-hearted support.

In your free time, you could browse the following topic (back-to-front):-

http://www.nsaneforu...windows7-fixes/

Fairly new puter, just built about 1 yr ago but not sure if the bios (MB gigabyte MA-770-DS3) will take the slic 2.1, will have to check it out. Kinda thought I could use the loader down the road but wanted to make sure so I don't have to set it up like I want and then have to format and reload. Will check out the links listed, thanks.

Downloaded the slic 2.1 but need some instruction on how to use and can I run it on this copy of 7 pro that is legit to sheck the bios. If not working in bios can the bios be adjusted for this based on the mb listed above, thanks.

Downloaded the slic 2.1 but need some instruction on how to use and can I run it on this copy of 7 pro that is legit to sheck the bios. If not working in bios can the bios be adjusted for this based on the mb listed above, thanks.

You'll find the illustration at the following link:-

I found a bios fix for my mb but everytime I run it I get NTDVM.exe has stopped and will not load the file, know any other way to install the exe file.

I found a bios fix for my mb . . . . . . .

:think: BIOS fix . . . . . . . . . were you attempting a BIOS mod? :unsure:

. . . . . . . . but everytime I run it I get NTDVM.exe has stopped and will not load the file, know any other way to install the exe file.

. . . . . . . . presuming it's a BIOS flash, I reckon the files used to perform it may not have matched the brand & model of the BIOS concerned. Be warned, if performed without perfection - your system could be bricked.

If I upload my bios file is there someone that could use the awardtool 113 to put the slic into it; tried to put it in but it said checksum was not right so I wouldn't load it. I don't load bios unless I know its good. Also my ntdvm will not even run the one from gigabyte so now it was not the wrong award file, thanks.

Alright, can you post the details of your BIOS here.

what I've done is added the latest bios version to the the award 113 zip but name it my bios so I'll attach it here. Appears I can't attach file over 200kb and the bios compressed is still 342kb so don't know how to post it. I can provide the link at gigabyte for the download though: http://www.gigabyte.us sharecode......./Support/Motherboard/BIOS_DownloadFile.aspx?FileType=BIOS&FileID=15272

Got it - don't try to edit it again (your system will get screwed.)

Something is missing . . . . . . . .

01.) Right click on an empty space on your desktop

02.) Click on 'New' and then on 'Text Document'

03.) Replace 'txt' with 'nfo'

04) Right click 'New Text Document.nfo' and then on 'Open with' and finally on 'System Information'

05.) Disregard the error pop-up about some blah-blah and click 'Ok' (BTW, that was Bill Gates . . . . . grumbling') :P

06.) On the right hand pane you'll see something like BIOS Version/Date

Can you post the corresponding info mentioned in point # 6

Got it - don't try to edit it again (your system will get screwed.)

Something is missing . . . . . . . .

01.) Right click on an empty space on your desktop

02.) Click on 'New' and then on 'Text Document'

03.) Replace 'txt' with 'nfo'

04) Right click 'New Text Document.nfo' and then on 'Open with' and finally on 'System Information'

05.) Disregard the error pop-up about some blah-blah and click 'Ok' (BTW, that was Bill Gates . . . . . grumbling') :P

06.) On the right hand pane you'll see something like BIOS Version/Date

Can you post the corresponding info mentioned in point # 6

It's F7 (01/07/09)

Ahhh, I suspected as much (this is the right version we need) - the one you uploaded is a beta (no wonder you had issues.) OK, and again don't edit the files on your side, I'll do it but it will take some time.

Your mod is ready, before we proceed let me know whether you agree that you'll be flashing your BIOS at your own risk.

• Administrator

How about first backing up the BIOS and then flashing it. ;)

Yeah, that's got to be done at his end. He's already attempted to flash it, unsuccessfully. ;)

• Administrator

I actually thought that getting the BIOS back is impossible. But it is possible. Just back it up. Put it in a CD or floppy. If needed, during boot just put that CD/Floppy. It will auto install it.

There're different BIOS categories like for example; Phoenix, AMI, Award; with various recovery methods for each category. Some motherboards also have their own unique prescribed method of recovery.

Ahhh, I suspected as much (this is the right version we need) - the one you uploaded is a beta (no wonder you had issues.) OK, and again don't edit the files on your side, I'll do it but it will take some time.

Nothing wrong with the beta, have run it for over a year, and no I haven't tried to flash anything that was wrong, been building puters for 10yrs and have never flashed one wrong yet. I have the f7 with slic available but wanted to put the slic in the f8f beta. 'llI just run the one I already have if u can't put it in the beta, thanks.

I actually thought that getting the BIOS back is impossible. But it is possible. Just back it up. Put it in a CD or floppy. If needed, during boot just put that CD/Floppy. It will auto install it.

Yes, with the award it is very easy to reflash if u screw it up, plus the tool they have with the gigabyte mb makes it almost impossible to srew up.

Nothing wrong with the beta, have run it for over a year, and no I haven't tried to flash anything that was wrong, been building puters for 10yrs and have never flashed one wrong yet. I have the f7 with slic available but wanted to put the slic in the f8f beta. 'llI just run the one I already have if u can't put it in the beta, thanks.

It's not whether I can't, but all of I wont (especially after having taken a close look at the tables of the beta.) I'll delete the mod - goodluck. :coolwink:

If I upload my bios file is there someone that could use the awardtool 113 to put the slic into it; tried to put it in but it said checksum was not right so I wouldn't load it. I don't load bios unless I know its good. Also my ntdvm will not even run the one from gigabyte so now it was not the wrong award file, thanks.

Thought the latest awardtool is 1.35?

Archived