Questions about the box-mara fix

kallejosef

• Administrator

Glad that it's solved. :)

• Replies 74
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I posted this somewhere , but here is again why that happens. For some strange reason, some servers in registry changes to corporate servers. One of solutions are that you do what DKT27 said, and second is that you add manually this server in ESET settings:

http://update.eset.com/eset_eval/

After you add it, do a manual update. After updating is finished, restore to Automatic servers choice.

Cheers ;)

• Administrator

So adding a single url into the update servers list can't hurt afterall. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been using/installing the box-mara fix for ages on many laptops and love it. :rolleyes:

I recently installed the new EAV v4.2.64.12 on a new laptop, fixed it in the normal way, did the big initial update as per normal, and everything went fine, but I noticed something different on the "Update" section of NOD which slightly concerned me:

Instead of saying "Product Activated" and a little "i" which says something like "A Username & Password Pair have been created" when you mouse-over it, it doesn't mention this important fact, but the "Verify License Validity" is still correctly greyed out on the Help menu. :fear:

I've tried this on several laptops from scratch and all do/say the same....

• Administrator

I've been using/installing the box-mara fix for ages on many laptops and love it. :rolleyes:

I recently installed the new EAV v4.2.64.12 on a new laptop, fixed it in the normal way, did the big initial update as per normal, and everything went fine, but I noticed something different on the "Update" section of NOD which slightly concerned me:

Instead of saying "Product Activated" and a little "i" which says something like "A Username & Password Pair have been created" when you mouse-over it, it doesn't mention this important fact, but the "Verify License Validity" is still correctly greyed out on the Help menu. :fear:

box, mara- fix only fixes the trial version and keeps it to 31 days trial forever. It doesn't make it a full version that's why no "Product Activated" / "A Username & Password Pair have been created" / "Verify License Validity" . ;)

box, mara- fix only fixes the trial version and keeps it to 31 days trial forever. It doesn't make it a full version that's why no "Product Activated" / "A Username & Password Pair have been created" / "Verify License Validity" . ;)

DKT27, it's always done what I've mentioned until this recent version!

listen what the guys said `cause it`s true. there is no virus in box/mara fix!

I presume this comment was not in reply to my question as I never said otherwise!

Hi hotlips69,

I'm so glad for you - finally your copy of the ESET installation has started working . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . normally. :rockon:

Hi hotlips69,

I'm so glad for you - finally your copy of the ESET installation has started working . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . normally. :rockon:

I'm not sure if you are intentionally winding me up, but I never said otherwise, just that I was concerned that in the new version, something is showing differently to all previous versions after using the fix and I wanted to confirm what has changed?

I'm not sure if you are intentionally winding me up, but I never said otherwise,

No, I'm not. :nono:

I was concerned that in the new version, something is showing differently to all previous versions after using the fix and I wanted to confirm what has changed?

Nothing has changed. ;)

• Administrator

Well the things you mentioned, I didn't notice them before, otherwise, the missing things on your ESET is also missing on my ESET. But it doesn't mean box, mara- fix isn't working. :)

I have never seen this with ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 4 on 3 PCs using the box, mara- v1.3 fix. (All that I see is "Verify license validity" is greyed out in the Help menu.) Are you sure you weren't using another fix before? Were you specifying usernames and passwords before? The box, mara- fix v1.3 does not require usernames or passwords.

I really don't know why you could got that behavior, but here is the screen shot (attached) how ESET update tab should look like after using box, mara- fix and after doing first update. It was always like this for me and it should be like this.

Cheers ;)

post-10441-0-37660000-1289330814_thumb.p

I presume this comment was not in reply to my question as I never said otherwise!

i was replying to KALLEJOSEF, not you!

Thank you Mara...your screenshot is what it always looked like until the current version was installed on a fresh laptop & fixed which prompted my question.

My current installation (V4.2.40) says "Product ACTIVATED" and a little "i" which says something like "A Username & Password Pair have been created" as per my screenshot, but all my new installs look exactly the same as yours with "Product ACTIVATION"

I've never entered any serials or used any other fixes on my version.

This is strange, but at least my new installs match yours word for word!!

post-4816-0-03921100-1289438091_thumb.pn

if it works leave it that way! no need to unistall, change or do anything.

Archived