Mozilla Firefox 3.6.2

Bizarre™

• Administrator

BTW, anyone using Windows 7 x64?

I don't know why but task manager shows that I'm running x32 of Firefox. So Firefox doesn't have a x64 version? :unsure:

• Replies 41
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DK

yes Firefox doesn't run as 64-bit process

anyway 64-bit windows does have 32-bit compatibility

@Biz : IMO personaz sucks ^_^

• Administrator

@DK

yes Firefox doesn't run as 64-bit process

anyway 64-bit windows does have 32-bit compatibility

@Biz : IMO personaz sucks ^_^

Thats what I thought. :think:

But hey personas are great. :D

BTW, anyone using Windows 7 x64?

I don't know why but task manager shows that I'm running x32 of Firefox. So Firefox doesn't have a x64 version? :unsure:

Yes, I am.

According to Adobe: "Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser. However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system." So you have to run a 32-bit browser on Windows in order to have Flash.

Microsoft Silverlight doesn't work in 64-bit browsers either.

• Administrator

But I haven't installed flash yet. :unsure:

And Firefox automatically selected to install in x32 program files. ANW thanx for the info. :)

The Firefox downloads posted here are for the 32-bit version (which runs great on Windows 64-bit). I have seen 64-bit versions of Firefox — e.g. here — but I am staying away from them.

EDIT: If you really want to run a 64-bit browser, Windows 7 x64 comes with "Internet Explorer (64-bit)"

• Administrator

You are right in doing so. :)

@DKT27: I ran "Internet Explorer (64-bit)" for a short while just to use a 64-bit browser, but the fad quickly ended. Just use your 32-bit Firefox that you know and love. :wub:

• Administrator

Indeed.

I only used IE for what 99% of Firefox lovers do with it. Download Firefox. :D

Here's tete009's modified custom build of Firefox 3.6.2:

- changed icons to Firefox defaults

- changed Namoroka strings to Firefox / Mozilla Firefox

- applied upx compression on some files

- removed unnecessary files / folders

If some of you are interested, here you go: Link

@Bizarre™

Is this a Installed version or a Portable one ?

The reason I ask is because I use Palemoon Portable FF but that now way outdated & have not seen a recent update on the Palemoon site.

• Administrator

tete009 is portable one. But you need to uninstall the firefox first. Not the user setting, only the firefox. Otherwise, as Biz had mentioned it will crash.

tete009 is portable one. But you need to uninstall the firefox first. Not the user setting, only the firefox. Otherwise, as Biz had mentioned it will crash.

@DKT27

Thanks for your response.

With Palemoon Portable I do not need to uninstall "Installed" FF, everything in Palemoon Portable is contained in its own folder including "Profile".

If tete009 is portable why should it crash because of Installed FF, provided that only one FF browser is open at any given time.

I have 4 FF portable on my PC with different pre-release versions & profiles + my main Installed FF browser & never had any crashes.

I will now also try tete009 (thanks to Bizarre™).

• Administrator

I'm not expert in portable version, ask Biz, I'm only clarifying what Biz mentioned once. :)

If tete009 is portable why should it crash because of Installed FF, provided that only one FF browser is open at any given time.

I have 4 FF portable on my PC with different pre-release versions & profiles + my main Installed FF browser & never had any crashes.

I will now also try tete009 (thanks to Bizarre™).

I asked the same question. This is what Bizarre™ said:

If you don't uninstall the official build, every time you run the custom build it will just hang.

BTW, I don't remember reading that this is a portable version.

@All:

I forgot to mention how to make it truly portable. A file called tmemutil.ini needs to be created in the Firefox directory.

You can download it here: Link

Fore more info: Link

Archived