CCleaner 6.00.9727

Karamjit

Israeli_Eagle
5 minutes ago, duddy said:

ohhhhhhh, I see.

Thanks bro....

Maybe you can also simply block in firewall instead, but I never tested it.

5 minutes ago, duddy said:

May you kindly guide me the path to reach for the host file too?

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

2 minutes ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

Maybe you can also simply block in firewall instead, but I never tested it.

But I would prefer to go the Host file method.

• Like 1

Israeli_Eagle
Just now, duddy said:

But I would prefer to go the Host file method.

Sorry, refresh the page and then look above. :cheers:

@duddy

You can add these lines to hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts):

0.0.0.0 license.piriform.com
0.0.0.0 www.ccleaner.com
0.0.0.0 analytics.ff.avast.com 
0.0.0.0 ipm-provider.ff.avast.com
0.0.0.0 www.ccleaner.com
0.0.0.0 shepherd.ff.avast.com
0.0.0.0 ip-info.ff.avast.com
0.0.0.0 ncc.avast.com
0.0.0.0 ncc.avast.com.edgesuite.net

Israeli_Eagle
28 minutes ago, alf9872000 said:

@duddy

You can add these lines to hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts):

0.0.0.0 www.ccleaner.com
0.0.0.0 analytics.ff.avast.com 
0.0.0.0 ipm-provider.ff.avast.com
0.0.0.0 www.ccleaner.com
0.0.0.0 shepherd.ff.avast.com
0.0.0.0 ip-info.ff.avast.com
0.0.0.0 ncc.avast.com
0.0.0.0 ncc.avast.com.edgesuite.net

NOT recommended! :coolwink:

The difference is that localhost, being a network interface, is very specific. When you say that you want to connect to 127.0.0.1, you are connecting specifically to localhost. Just like you specify IP of your wifi/ethernet to connect to those interfaces.

0.0.0.0 however, is not really an interface and it means to just try and connect to every available interface. This will try and connect to all the available interfaces instead of just 127.0.0.1. And makes the app much slower, because tries then hundreds connections.

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

CCleaner doesn't need any blocking either with the host file or with the firewall, the only thing you need to watch is that you don't use the automatic updater, disconnect the internet connection during the installation or update, in the white "I have license" options.
Once installed, check that there is nothing checked in the Options => Privacy section and the Update section. You can then enable the Internet and use all functions, including updating drivers and updating software.
There are no problems, absolutely everything works perfectly.
NB! Make sure you have a backup of the CCleaner.dat file (for any case) and you're good to go.

Also, using a hosts file to block anything is a very bad idea and should always be a last resort, only done if you really can't do anything else and it's so called "a matter of life and death".

Edited by Kalju

Israeli_Eagle
17 minutes ago, Kalju said:

CCleaner doesn't need any blocking either with the host file or with the firewall, the only thing you need to watch is that you don't use the automatic updater, disconnect the internet connection during the installation or update, in the white "I have license" options.
Once installed, check that there is nothing checked in the Options => Privacy section and the Update section. You can then enable the Internet and use all functions, including updating drivers and updating software.
There are no problems, absolutely everything works perfectly.
NB! Make sure you have a backup of the CCleaner.dat file (for any case) and you're good to go.

Also, using a hosts file to block anything is a very bad idea and should always be a last resort, only done if you really can't do anything else and it's so called "a matter of life and death".

It might shock you, but some people prefer privacy!! :coolwink:

And this app does not really need so many URLs and services, some call it spyware.

As the person in the magazine wrote.. CCleaner doesnt work.. after all its called CRAP CLEANER. therefore it should uninstall itself as well as other apps..

Stopped using it myself and switch over to another cleaner.. thats literally less than half the size.. still uses the same winapp.ini file and is freeware..
Doesnt use any urls and services when run. unless you tell it to check for updates.

Don't no why people use this HOG.. NOTE: its really slow when you add the winapp.ini file.. takes loads of time..to load.

@andy2004

1 hour ago, andy2004 said:

NOTE: its really slow when you add the winapp.ini file.. takes loads of time..to load.

If it's slow, you're probably not using it correctly, that is, you just download and install it in a folder, forgetting that there are several thousands of rules that you don't need, because there are no such programs and apps on your computer. 
Have you used the trim function for winapp.ini?

PS. And it would be great if you could tell us what kind of help you need. Maybe even someone in this world can help you too.

Edited by Kalju
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, andy2004 said:

Stopped using it myself and switch over to another cleaner.. thats literally less than half the size.. still uses the same winapp.ini file and is freeware..

Hello @andy2004 Out of curiosity, which other Cleaner do you use as a replacement for CCleaner?  🤔

Does anyone have positive experience with "Reg Organizer" as a replacement for CCleaner? 

Edited by hpwamr

30 minutes ago, hpwamr said:

Hello ... Out of curiosity, which other Cleaner do you use as a replacement for CCleaner?  🤔

Does anyone have positive experience with "Reg Organizer" as a replacement for CCleaner? 

You can use it at your own risk, so far it hasn't done any special mischief, but it certainly doesn't replace CCleaner in any way. I have tested it many times, but I cannot recommend it in any way. So draw your own conclusions. I don't want recommend!
But as for your first question, I think that...
....looks like he took a wife who cleans up after him and doesn't spy anything, looks only the pockets.