Which antivirus to use?

marduk84

Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4

@marduk84

Post moved to a new topic, since it was deemed off-topic in the topic it was originally posted in. Please make a new topic if you have questions that aren't related to the thread. Please read the Guidelines.

• Like 2

In my case prefer Norton. No specific reason,  just use it since was created by Peter Norton some years back. The longevility of a product is a factor that have great weight for me.

I case can not have Norton preferer Windows Defender. Think that is as good as other antivirus and is free.

Edited by vitorio

I would suggest Symantec Endpoint Protection (unmanaged client).  Professional security suite for free :yes:

Edited by DLord

Question : which antivirus to use ?   no avast sure.....

Likely under windows.

Would recommend eset too, the endpoint one, but would stay on an 'old' version with an updated database. V5 is so convenient to set with offline updates; with the newer versions you might end up with troublesomes ways to get a valid key to update.

Edit: wondering if this old version of eset is working under the new windows. Still using win7 when needed.

Edited by mp68terr
  • Confused 1

Israeli_Eagle
1 hour ago, mp68terr said:

Likely under windows.

Would recommend eset too, the endpoint one, but would stay on an 'old' version with an updated database. V5 is so convenient to set with offline updates; with the newer versions you might end up with troublesomes ways to get a valid key to update.

Edit: wondering if this old version of eset is working under the new windows. Still using win7 when needed.

WARNING!!

Better never use ancient AV software, because it can also only defend the past. Partly updated databases are then simply ignored.

Israeli_Eagle
25 minutes ago, mp68terr said:

Thanks for the comment @Israeli_Eagle,  wondering if the power of an AV is within its engine or within its database (?).

The engines are only in the software and older engines are much less active, so can also only use old parts from database.

Example: Phishing was long ago unknown and didn't exist, but nowadays the engines are also used to prevent this issue (Anti-Phishing) as option. Old engines simply cannot at all.

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

Free Windows Defender Avira Free 

Pay Eset F-Secure 

In light of current events - Kaspersky? Seriously? I don't think so!

I'd rather take my chances with Windows Defender...

Edited by wolfie