Uninstall Windows Defender From Windows 7 & Vista

*dcs18

• Replies 45
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hehe: . . . . . . know how you guys feel - loved doing this to a Ms program that wholeheartedly detects . . . . . . . . . . . nothing (not even false positives.) :s

• 3 months later...

hello, i deleted the folder before follow this tutorial, i would like to know if it can be a problem....i removed that registry key but i still got windows defender link in PC secure centre panel!

Thank you!

( i still cannot remove Windows Defender folder from regedit)

i also got an unknow account in autorization panel which i cannot remove ...can you help me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone got the Windows update for Defender's definition.

If one does remove Defender, they should not be having definition through Windows update, doesn't it?

I had a desktop with Defender totally remove using this method, but still receiving definition updates through Windows update. Irritating!

Anyway to stop this?

Funny though, only the x86 have this issue, x64 does not have this issue at all.

Could be some registry that is left behind?

gonna to use Register Crawler and give it a scan.

Hey man check your following post from the past - theoretically speaking maybe you're receiving updates since your Windows Defender is only disabled and not completely uninstalled.

Well, I like to just leave it disable.....maybe who knows, there might come a time when Windows Defender....become the BEST! :frusty:(much doubt though).

Funny though, only the x86 have this issue, x64 does not have this issue at all.

Could be some registry that is left behind?

gonna to use Register Crawler and give it a scan.

Incidentally my last screenshot and . . . . . . . . . even this tutorial was based on (x86). Have never faced this issue on the numerous (x86) / (x64) that I've carried out the surgery on. Hope we can get to the root of this, sounds interesting to me.

Have deleted most if not all of Defender's registries.

When I un-hide the definition, and check updates....it will ask me to install this important updates. Apparently after download, it cannot be installed (failed).

Strange.

And this only happen on x86......for x64, there is not a single definition updates.(there is some left over in Windows defender folder in Program Files though- I purposely left it there as long as it doesn't cause any problem.)

(there is some left over in Windows defender folder in Program Files though- I purposely left it there as long as it doesn't cause any problem.)

Have you got these leftover in both - (x86) as well as (x64)?

Hey man check your following post from the past - theoretically speaking maybe you're receiving updates since your Windows Defender is only disabled and not completely uninstalled.

Well, I like to just leave it disable.....maybe who knows, there might come a time when Windows Defender....become the BEST! :frusty:(much doubt though).

Ah,,did not see this....LOL!

I have 2 desktop and 1 laptop...only one desktop have Windows Defender...the rest....removed.

Have you got these leftover in both - (x86) as well as (x64)?

Not in x86...only x64

Archived